Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: Newbies: use the SEARCH function
    #73246 - 01/29/00 06:26 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe......YEA!!!!

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Newbies: use the SEARCH function [Re: PanTrop]
    #73248 - 01/29/00 06:36 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

WELL SAID!!!

HALF THE QUESTIONS PEOPLE ASK IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM THERE JUST TO FUCKIN LAZY TO READ!

------------------
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"

Sir. Twinkus

Anonymous

#73249 - 01/30/00 04:10 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, damn. I just read this and it pissed me off. HEY FUCK YOU!@!!! If you don't want to answer then don't. Half the fun of this website is socialization of people that have something in common. Or people wanting to learn. Yea, once you get used to the board it is somewhat easy to get around but some people like the interaction. Not just using the search engine.

Hey if you know so much go to a library and stroke yourself while you read a book about this crap. There you won't have people bothering you. I am not sure how long you have been on the board but for that matter I don't even care.

It pisses me off that so many people hear take that avenue of vision. I found this place and was happy as hell. I could chill and read some of the other peoples experience's on what they were doing and gain some insight and help newbies just like some people helped me.

If your too fucking high and mighty to help go to the advanced section and waddle in you shitpool of glorified intelligence.

To everyone else, I know this is a rough reaction but hey he felt like venting. So I just vented right back.

I think all newbies should be welcomed not shunned. In time they will figure this website out. Give them a break.

Anonymous

#73250 - 01/30/00 09:45 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

hey like every one else i was once a newbie i know what it is like to have a lot of questions

im always willing to help people out in fact i like helping newbies shrooms are fun to grow and i figure everyone sould have a good chance at doing it

when i found this board i was happy as shit i had been wanting to grow and didn't know how, this place helped me learn

but it just pisses me off when people ask questions that could of easly been answered if they just took the time to read some of the tek's in the grow/find section like i had to do

alot of these people just don't want to read and figure it will be easier to post and have someone answer for them then reading a tek

im not trying to be an asshole (like i said iv'e had plenty of questions) but not something i could of read on my own

------------------

Sir. Twinkus

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #73251 - 01/30/00 11:10 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #73252 - 01/30/00 11:14 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

Anonymous

#73253 - 01/31/00 05:49 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Well put, I'm sick of seeing the same old boring questions, over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over and over, and over, and over, and over.

------------------
"A compassionate
Jedi Master, he is
highly attuned to the
force. But he shuns
consensus and folloes
his own path, despite
the consequences."
From a Taco Bell cup
[img]http://www.animfactory.com/animgifs/misc/science2/beakerBgWHT.gif[/img]

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73254 - 02/04/00 11:04 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 06:15 PM)

Anonymous

#73255 - 02/04/00 03:12 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I think there should be a board where newbies can post. That search function is pretty powerful but it is very unreliable and a slow, and i even have a cable modem. When i first start growing i tried to search but almost never found good information. Maybe yall should actually try and use it and see how useless it can be a lot of the time. But that still doesnt mean newbies should be posting questions on boards where important information is being ignored.

Anonymous

#73256 - 02/04/00 03:39 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

My two cents:

I think I posted two or three very newby questions before I even discovered the search function. So I don't blame them so much. :smile: But improvements can certainly be made.
I'd like to see two things happen:
1) When you click "Community", above the Message Boards option should be a Search Message Boards option, where the cultivation/hunting topics have direct links to their search function.
2) When someone posts in a cultivation/hunting topic, they are advised to search first (and given a link) and also advised to be very descriptive in their topic title.
3) When people are getting off the name of the topic, they should start new threads.

Okay these seem like Good Things to me as 1)+2) would promote searching before asking, 2) would make later searches easier, and 3) would make searches more useful.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73257 - 02/04/00 11:38 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 06:15 PM)

Anonymous

#73258 - 02/05/00 01:05 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Nice Job people...glad to see your all comeing together and showing us NEWBIES how to have an attitude. I remember seeing a link here called the " ADVANCED CULTIVATION", which makes me think that if some of you EXPERTS out there are complaining about us using this link to much... then seems to me this would be a good place for you guys to go. I have used the search eng., and let me be the first to say there isn't one TEK out there thats complete, for a NEWBIE to follow and fully understand. I do not consider myself to be a total idiot. I have read most of these TEKS that are in use, and they don't cover half as many ?'s some of these people need to know. I mean really....think about it. Were starting a new hobbie in FUNGUS, not all of us have a collage education in this stuff...sorry to disapoint you ! If it weren't for the help that I get from a few people, i would be kinda lost. So if I were you, I wouldn't bitch...We all have to start from somewhere, and I thought thats what this place was for. Tell me if i'm wrong? Perhaps some of you guys that have alittle more brains then the rest of us, can start a new web site. Just a thought. thx

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #73259 - 02/05/00 04:27 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Nightcap..
People arent telling newbies that they cant post simple Q's....

What they are telling them is that maybe they should _AT LEAST_ look in the Grow/Find section _BEFORE_ they start asking away simple Q's that would be VERY easy to find by either navigating in the grow section or by searching the messageboards......
As said...they would get the information they want _FASTER_ then sitting here waiting for an answer....
I see _ALOT_ of Q's being asked overandoverandover again ....and _ALOT_ of these questions could have been answered by just getting into the Grow section....

They are LAZY....!!!

I do agree though with shroom77, that the interaction between newbies/experienced growers is good...
But once again --- questions like : "How do i grow shrooms?" and such are just plain STUPID...!!!
People asking these kinds of Q's havent even looked in the grow section...

PERIOD..!!

[This message has been edited by LillSkit (edited February 05, 2000).]

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #73260 - 02/05/00 11:38 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmmmm, this is a touchy subject but sooner or later it had to come out.

From my personal experience, I learned how to grow way before I even knew of the Shroomery. So I do like to help people who are just starting out. I know its tough to find answers to certain questions. If I can help someone out, I'll do it

But on the other hand. I'm noticing that there are ALOT of people who are simply lazy!!! I mean, most of the questions that newbies ask, the answers can be found in the "Grow/Find" section. OR (this is the sad part) all they have to do is look back thru the posts a week or two.

It's NOT HARD!!!! Look back 10-14 days and I can almost put money down that their question will be in the heap of them all.

I Love the Shroomery. I visit it alot and it's a very informative site. But, at the same time, I can see how experienced growers can get weary of it and not want to come back due to lazy newbies.

I have absolutely no gripes with newbies, but I do have a problem with people who are too lazy to do their own homework.

I've said my peace;-)

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
    #73261 - 02/05/00 12:18 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

URL]

[This message has been edited by Psychonaut (edited January 08, 2001).]

--------------------
FungusFun.com

Anonymous

#73262 - 02/05/00 07:27 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I think newbies don't realize there is a grow/find section to help them out, and maybe they don't know there is a search function, or don't think of using it. I think they should be told to search, but not harshly. And, if you're feeling helpful, you could even give them the link to the grow section and techniques that are good for a newbie. I don't think they do it on purpose, at least I hope not.

------------------
"When you're high you never, ever want to come down"- Welcome to the Jungle, by Guns n' Roses

Anonymous

#73263 - 02/06/00 12:38 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I posted before on this topic

and it seems to me that most people have good questions

It's just that newbies need to do there homework. I had a lot of questions in the begining that were answerd in 2 minutes of looking

I say there should be a link for newbies at the top of the page to the grow/find and search sections.

------------------

Sir. Twinkus

OfflinePsilowarrior
enthusiast
    #73264 - 02/06/00 01:16 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Search Function..........GOOD!

I do get so sick of post after post of "Senior Members" (itself somewhat of a misnomer)tellin' it to the newbies. The last thing anyone in here needs is a Shroomery mother to watch over them. It's a lot like watching TV, folks. If you don't like the show you can always shut it off. If you don't want to read a newbie topic then you don't have to. If you don't want to help a newbie, don't. Why discourage anyone from asking "dumb" questions. I mean when you get right down to it, why doesn't everybody stop posting and just read past posts. The answers are bound to be in there. The point is, people ask questions, to hear what YOU think. Why pass up the oportunity to tell them.

Encouragement to NOT post ANY question..........BAD!

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#73265 - 02/06/00 01:59 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I also managed to scrape together a small crappy flush before finding the shroomery. I put newspaper on the sides of my cooler, thinking that would help humidity--then searched a bit, found this site, delved into the find/grow and came across many great teks. Truth, it was at a time when I was a little paranoid to post anything. Anyway, here's my suggestion to make this site more 'newbie-friendly'.
The FIND/GROW section has a lot of information, sectioned into 'Mr X's Grow Tek', 'Mrs. Y's Grow Tek', etc. If you put on a 'newbie hat' and go into the grow section, it's HUGE! Almost daunting. Try the search engine with 'humidification'. For me, it's all interesting and I can still read through them all with great interest. It would be easier and quicker for the new person to see a GROW section [NEWBIE section?] divided into the different stages; A button for SUBSTRATE. One for STERILIZATION. CASING. HUMIDIFICATION TEK'S. Each of these could lead into various beginner techniques, graded difficulty?, FAQ's, frequent pitfalls, PICTURES!!!!. . .I think we all know the common problems for the beginning cultivator based on the posts!
And I agree with Lana; It's fun to answer questions and help people out. But the fun wears out really fast when you get the feeling you are not helping someone genuinely interested in investing time and energy, just a quick answer to fast results.
It's not easy, was never meant to be, and if it was--most of us wouldn't be here.

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #73266 - 02/06/00 02:07 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I myself learned how to grow shrooms solely from the grow section in the shroomery (and a swedish version of the MMGG) long before i even found the message board...
I didnt have any problems finding the information many are asking about...
I too agree that people should be able to post anything..
But as said ITS FOR THERE OWN GOOD - they recieve the answeres MUCH faster....
If they have searched and havent found the information they wanted they should ask any question, however stupid the Q would sound....
I do believe that this is the case in some cases..(that they have tried but havent found it - or didnt understand the information they found)..
BUT - in the other cases....where people havent even looked in the grow section then they are just plain LAZY...
Im sorry posting about what people should/shouldnt post but i think it is for there own convinience.....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix