Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBeAnStAlK
Stranger
Male

Mushroom growing question!!
    #7322672 - 08/22/07 05:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

If i was to put cow shit on my lawn in the back yard and i sprayed it with water everyday would mushrooms grow from it??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom growing question!! [Re: BeAnStAlK]
    #7322711 - 08/22/07 05:51 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

More than likely no. and if somehow a few did come up it wouldn't be much at all and definitely isn't worth the time and trouble. you'd have much more luck dedicating an hour a day for a week learning the pf tek and then a month and a half or so doing the actual tek. that way you'd learn the process and will be on track to learning how to grow as much as you want whenever you want. I realize you probably want a lot right now like most people do, but patience is the key to this hobby.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineBeAnStAlK
Stranger
Male

Re: Mushroom growing question!! [Re: cookeman]
    #7322725 - 08/22/07 05:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the advise

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom growing question!! [Re: cookeman]
    #7322736 - 08/22/07 06:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

two auto-genesis questions in one day.  it's too much... :laugh:

mushrooms grow from spores.  Unless you've already got a lot of said mushrooms growing in your area already releasing their spores, there is *no* way it would grow mushrooms.

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom growing question!! [Re: BeAnStAlK]
    #7322741 - 08/22/07 06:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I thought this was a joke at first....

yeah, start with the PF tek if you want to grow shrooms, otherwise welcome to shroomery, patience is the key.

--------------------

c        l        i      c        k        m        e

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags