Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCuriosity_Breach
Man in the fog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
to be certain, birthing.
    #7320638 - 08/22/07 05:06 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

whats up everyone  :cheers: . Ok sorry i dont have a cam thats working to get pics so ima have to do 1 thousand words....ill do less.

1. 4 pints brf B+ (8 got bacteria contam grr, u learn and live eh). 1 of my jars has been for about the past week or so daaamn near fully colonized, like 97 percent. at the bottom of the jar is fully white but isnt thick like a bit of brown is showing. And in one spot on the side theres still some brf showing i have no idea why it hasnt colonized this spot...these jars arent contamed they dont smell or anything. They are still making progress but at about 1/4th the speed previously.... im only worried and or getting anxious (people are waiting) because these brf pints were inoculated on the 10th of july.... is this normal?

2. Ive read a few things on peoples colonization halting towards the end and them just birthing anyway because it was close enough, would this be ok? My only concern is dunking but if i used boiled water etc shouldnt it be alright?

3. Also i was readin a thread on recycling jars leftover mycelium, has anyone tried this with success? Apparently you transfer new substrate in to the old jar and vwallah rapid colonization on outer part of jar? since im down to 4 jars i was thinkin about doin this till my next grow where im on to wbs and horse shit.             
                                thx for your responses. :peace:

--------------------
Just because you're paranoid, Doesn't mean they're not after you.

When life gives you horse shit, make mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: to be certain, birthing. [Re: Curiosity_Breach]
    #7320655 - 08/22/07 05:22 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i'd give ur jar a little more time, pint jars will take much longer than half pints. It could be that they have ran out of air, are ur inoc holes covered??? if u have micropore tape cover them with that.

as for recycling myc?? i think it gets old and then dies. i could be wrong.

Boiling water should kill most contams, when the cakes are 100% colinised this gives it the best chance of fighting of contams.

My gues though is its co2 buildup, if u got a glove box then maybe try loosing the lid a little to release the co2.

hang in there ur almost there.

just a few thoughts, im a little inexpereinced so hang around a tad longer before and get some opinions from other people first.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineCuriosity_Breach
Man in the fog
Male User Gallery

Re: to be certain, birthing. [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7320663 - 08/22/07 05:27 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thx man, hehe heres the thing with that i failed to mention. Theyre in a closet on a shelf (pretty open) the closet has sliding doors which allow air in....i mean is there really a possibility of co2 build up with that? I have 4 holes and they have never been covered because i have the dry verm layer on top :s

--------------------

Edited by Curiosity_Breach (08/22/07 05:30 AM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7320683 - 08/22/07 05:40 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thats odd, the cupboard should have plenty air in it, ud probably have to fill it full of jars and seal the cupboard for it to run out of air.

Its still a good idea to not leave the inoc holes exposed, micropore tape is ideal for this, or eve a loose peice of foil. Just as an extra barrier jsut incase. Will still allow fae.

It may be ok to birth with just that little bit xposed if u dunkn n roll. HOw long have u been waiting for it to colinise that little bit??? usually once 100% u give in at extra 4-7 days to make sure complete colinisation of the substrate.

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

OfflineCuriosity_Breach
Man in the fog
Male User Gallery

#7320710 - 08/22/07 06:25 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

sorry for long reply had to change daughter. Yeah i think that might have been my main prob as far as contam goes this time, im sure of the contributing factors so im not too worried about it next time around. Ive been waiting like 5-6 days for this last part to colonize.... i mean its kinda ridiculous considering it boomed, u know leaps and bounds then all of the sudden eeeeeerrch. *shrugs*

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7320724 - 08/22/07 06:39 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

its possible that that little bit is just packed tight an the myc cant get to it, comon shroomery masters tell me im on the right track????

--------------------

OfflineCuriosity_Breach
Man in the fog
Male User Gallery

#7320733 - 08/22/07 06:44 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

im hoping thats the case im reeeally tempted to birth it today and drunk it... im gonna give it a good looking over, see i kinda wouldnt mind having the jar to start another jar, because the 12 was all i had :frown: and i need to show a buddy of mine a little somethin somethin and see if he will invest and buy me a bunch of stuff :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by Curiosity_Breach (08/22/07 06:45 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds