Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

morning glory experiment
    #7307422 - 08/18/07 11:35 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

my morning glory experiment is doing good
The vines are covering the fence like crazy and dozens of flowers have come and gone but have not see a single seed.
so where do the seeds grow? I think I heard somewhere (erowid?) that when the flower dies a seed pod will appear. Many flowers have come and gone and still not a single pod. They are heavenly blue strain.

They are so pretty, one of my favorite flowers.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhale
chillin

Re: morning glory experiment [Re: clemens]
    #7307838 - 08/18/07 02:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:nice

--------------------
IamHeasYouareHeasYouareMeandWearealltogether

Offlinesimplystoned
Tree Wizard
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: K-Town up in this biache
Re: morning glory experiment [Re: Whale]
    #7307844 - 08/18/07 02:26 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell which encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided
by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips,
has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter
has moistened with His own sacred tears." - Kahlil Gibran

Offlinewang_chung00
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: almost nyc
Re: morning glory experiment [Re: simplystoned]
    #7307907 - 08/18/07 02:52 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

give it a little while and you'll start to see them, dont harvest too early though. before long you will have more seeds than you know what to do with somewhere around 5 per flower.

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Offlineextrajordanary
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: morning glory experiment [Re: clemens]
    #7309407 - 08/19/07 01:49 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man, I currently grow the Kniolas Black/Purple Morning Glories ( I grow them specifically for their seed since I am a seed seller on ebay). So here's what I know about the birds and the bees. Basically, some flowers will produce seed, some will not. And it all depends on whether they were pollinated or not. It basically takes either a Humming Bird, or a Bee. Human Fingers are just too big to do the job. Basically, what has to happen is, while the flower is still open, is when it needs to be pollinated. Pollen needs to be transferred from the Stamen?? I think it's called...to the very depth of the inner bottom of the flower where the nectar is. So it helps if you have other plants and/or flowers around your morning Glories to attract the..."Birds & the Bees" if you will. I find that Poppies (preferably Somniferum or "Opium" poppies) and Sunflowers do really well. If you'd like seeds, look up my ebay username "exjordanary" and you can see all the photos I have of Morning Glories (Kniola's Black), Somniferum Opium Poppy Seeds (all kinds of varieties) and many Sunflower varieties as well. Hope this helped. Let me know how it goes.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: morning glory experiment UPDATED [Re: extrajordanary]
    #7329978 - 08/24/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

First
to this

--------------------

Offlinejasonpwnd
Learnin'
 User Gallery

Loc: the flip side
Re: morning glory experiment UPDATED [Re: clemens]
    #7329997 - 08/24/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Damn man those things do grow crazy fast!! I had a seedling pop out of germination and the next day the thing was a 2" sprout!

I've noticed they reach out towards the light, so maybe if you're gonna plant more plants to try and attract those "birds & bees" you may want to consider planting those other flowers to the East and West of the MGs, who knows maybe it will help next years yield..

Good luck, and way to go! :thumbup:

Yeah I had to edit this cuz I'm retardedly stoned off the volcano vape!  :stoned:

--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Edited by jasonpwnd (08/24/07 02:25 PM)

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: morning glory experiment UPDATED [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7330019 - 08/24/07 02:30 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I forgot I saw a bee in one of the flowers today so I guess they are getting some visits.

--------------------

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#7330780 - 08/24/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

make sure they dont get out of hand, there weeds and each flower produces 6-10 seeds, once they start to flower ill post up pictures of how bad it is over where im at.

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: morning glory experiment UPDATED [Re: liveby]
    #7331449 - 08/24/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Should you at any time be able to find seeds on the plant? I think someone said wait till the fall. And I've yet to find any seed pods, or at least be able to recognize one.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: morning glory experiment UPDATED [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7332584 - 08/25/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well I wish they would completely cover the fence.

--------------------

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

#7332673 - 08/25/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I was wondering if it would be possible to grow these big enough inside to get a useful amount of seeds, and whether or not it would be possible to hand-pollinate them... does anyone have a useful guide to hand-pollinating flowers?

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder