Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
In the womb. (For all aspiring parents)
    #7301450 - 08/16/07 03:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

"It is precisely because we are in the process of realizing that the way we are born has long term consequences in terms of sociability, aggression and capacity to love that we are led to interpret the countless beliefs and rituals that disturb the physiological processes in the perinatal period. Many of them are intriguing, because they disturb the critical phase of labor between the birth of the baby and the delivery of the placenta. We must keep in mind that from the time when the basic strategy for survival of most cultures was to dominate nature and to dominate other human groups, creating more aggressive and destructive human beings conferred an advantage. In other words it was an advantage to moderate the capacity to love, including love of nature, the respect for Mother Earth. It is understandable that the most successful societies were those who had at their disposal the most appropriate beliefs and rituals in the period surrounding birth.
Over the millennia there has been a selection of human groups according to their potential for aggression. We all are the fruit of this selective process. This explains our inability to recognize and to take action against clear-cut manifestations of the impaired capacity to love."

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: In the womb. (For all aspiring parents) [Re: Icelander]
    #7302419 - 08/16/07 08:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'll come back to this in 10-20 years.  Thanks. :laugh:

Jonathanseagull already mentioned him in your P&S thread, but I'll put it here too: Stanislaf Grof is an absolutely brilliant mind when it comes to breaking down the stages of development in the womb, what those stages mean to you Now, and what they mean in relation to the Psychedelic Experience.  I'm planning to read more of his stuff soon.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: In the womb. (For all aspiring parents) [Re: Lion]
    #7303885 - 08/17/07 05:57 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard of these types of theories before.

As far as I know, there is not objective evidence to support them. if you ask many people, their first real "memories" are around the age of 3. I dont see how the birthing process could signifcantly effect the longer term outcome of somebodys life.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale