Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRYDAV8183
Stranger

2ND FLUSH A CHARM
    #7292892 - 08/14/07 01:17 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hey!!! I wrote a few weeks back about my upsetting first flush ever. It produced less than 3 grams 2.8 to be exact and I experienced no trip. I am not sure why no trip I recieved from ralph so I know they are viable. This second flush is much more like it though. On the first batch barely anything grew on any of the cakes. I got two off one cake and one off a second cake but had a third which produced one very tiny abort accounting for no weight. I pulled that flush July 31 and by the 4th had a second flush very visible. This isn't overly important other than it makes it so I don't have to be as patient which is not a strong point for me. The important part is that ALL the cakes are producing at least a few major aborts that will account for weight. One cake has about 6 almost full grown and a few aborts as well. The other two are also producing at least a few shrooms though not quite as many as the largest yielding one. I am optimistic about my next flush as weell as each cake still has a ton of undeveloped white pins that will hopefully develop next flush.

Now that I am doing ok I will try and learn from experience instead of asking but I was wondering abount one thing first. Has anyone had a cake that has a few almost fullyt grown shrooms and yet is still producing small primordia?? I am wondering because other than the one cake the other two have some decent size, not quite fully grown shrooms but also has very small primordia which are also getting larger. This is occuring on one cake more than the other as about half the shrooms are well into development and some are almost just starting. If this has happened to anyone I NEED A FEW QUESTIONS ANSWERED. First, should I pull the larger ones once they stop growing or wait until all of them stop at once? Also why are some starting so late in the flush?? I have not seen any pics on the site which show what is happeneing to my shrooms, basically it seems like some of the shrooms which have started are so far behind others they are almost the biproduct of a seperate flush and I am not sure what this means. My last question is how will this affect my overall yield on my next flush?? Since many abort anyway I am wondering more about how this will affect future flushes with the cake which because of all the small primordia will ahve less pins to work with in the future. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AND THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I had about 100 wet grams total off the three cakes this flush. Most were on one cake 60 wet grams. How much do they dry I am down to 9 grams now and can't deal with losing much more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFunkeyMonkey
zooooooom!
 User Gallery

Re: 2ND FLUSH A CHARM [Re: RYDAV8183]
    #7292961 - 08/14/07 02:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hi there and congrats on the grow!

Firstly.. you should pick the little guys once the cap starts to open.

Second... It's quite hard for new cultivators to recognise flushes.  It's more likely the first few sprang out just as the mycelium was getting fully established and the rest you're seeing is actually the first flush. In my experience, unless you have very exacting temp and humidity settings (i.e. they NEVER change) the shrooms will just pin quite randomly until all the substrate is exhausted.  This could mean shrooms growing at different rates and to different sizes over and over for a month or more!
Growing shrooms is fun and exciting. Wouldn't be much fun if it was totally predictable would it?! :laugh:  Sounds like you should be proud though.  Maybe try a casing tek next time and see how it goes?!

But hey. I could be wrong.. I'm sure ppl will say so. lol

All the best.

Funkey

--------------------
We can't stop here! This is bat country!

OfflineRYDAV8183
Stranger

Re: 2ND FLUSH A CHARM [Re: FunkeyMonkey]
    #7295840 - 08/14/07 10:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the info. Any idea how much potency is lost if they over mature? I let veil open quite a bit first and am probably losing potency. Also I am confused on whether to clear after a flush or let small pins continue? Def am trying casing soon hopefully I get some bigger shrooms and abort. I been letting them almost overmature to get the most out of a yield but am probably going to far. 1 last question- any idea if I get about 110 wet grams how much weight is lost? I thought it was about 90% water however am down to 9 grams and may have another little bit to go.

Invisiblefreetree77
king louie
Male

Loc: all across the universe
    #7295908 - 08/14/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i dont think the potency loss (actually it still has the same amount of actives just spread out over more material) will even be enough to notice. it would be too hard to test anyhow.

let those mature for a while. once growth slows for most of them, and of course before they open, go ahead and pick it all off except for the small small pins that havent even started to grow, and dunk it in the fridge for 12 hours or so.

you should get about 10 or 11 grams, but i guess it varies. they shouldnt lose much more weight

--------------------
Sinister Minister

OfflineRYDAV8183
Stranger

Re: 2ND FLUSH A CHARM [Re: FunkeyMonkey]
    #7299264 - 08/15/07 10:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks!!! Def about to try casing soon. I was wondering how much potency would be lost if they overmature as well. The shrooms seem kind of small and I maybe have been letting them overmature after the veil breaks. How much potency is lost a day or so after veil breaks?

OfflineRYDAV8183
Stranger

#7299323 - 08/15/07 10:25 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

SORRY FOR OVERPOST MY COMP ONLY SHOWED THE ANSWER TO MY FIRST POST UNTIL JUST NOW!!!!!
What do I do if already open veil. Are these no good at all? This was my basic question as the veil on most has broken and its been happening after 3-4 fruiting days? I am already down to 9 grams so i think thats about it then.

Invisiblefreetree77
king louie
Male

Loc: all across the universe
    #7299392 - 08/15/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

nah, man, those mushrooms will be just fine. you probly wont notice any difference in potency. youve got nothing left to do but enjoy!
peace

--------------------
Sinister Minister

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate