Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
How long of a photoperiod untill it shows sex?
    #7274011 - 08/08/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Might be wrong forum but wtf ever. Anyway, I am making an air tight wrap as seen in Marijuana Botany to discover the sex of my 3 ft plant. I did not purchase the book so I did not read the entire procedure, just saw the pictorial and read about putting it on to make a 12/12. So, I tried it last night and this is the first 12 hours of dark it's had. Now, If I  continue this, how long should it be until I see the sex start to show? The plant is roughly 2.5 months old ( I started a while ago and put outside but now it's inside and possibly a good mother?) It's a sativa strain.

HTR:bongload:

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainKirk

Loc: gone
Re: How long of a photoperiod untill it shows sex? [Re: hightimesreader]
    #7274028 - 08/08/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

within a couple of weeks

Offlinehightimesreader
 User Gallery

Re: How long of a photoperiod untill it shows sex? [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #7274285 - 08/08/07 12:38 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

So if I lived in the North Western Hemisphere right now, then wouldnt that be equal to putting it outside at this point in our season? I'm in NE US if that helps..

--------------------
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

Offlinehightimesreader
 User Gallery

#7274472 - 08/08/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'm only asking this becuase if it's not close enough then I'll do it inside. If it's close enough then I'll put it outside for a week or so and let it branch out alittle then take 5 clones from it and see what happens to the "mother" plant as far as sex.

HTR

--------------------
HTR

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
    #7274950 - 08/08/07 04:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Moving plants inside and outside is stressful for them

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineBlehMaestro
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7275147 - 08/08/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hightimesreader said:
Might be wrong forum but wtf ever. Anyway, I am making an air tight wrap as seen in Marijuana Botany to discover the sex of my 3 ft plant. I did not purchase the book so I did not read the entire procedure, just saw the pictorial and read about putting it on to make a 12/12. So, I tried it last night and this is the first 12 hours of dark it's had. Now, If I  continue this, how long should it be until I see the sex start to show? The plant is roughly 2.5 months old ( I started a while ago and put outside but now it's inside and possibly a good mother?) It's a sativa strain.

Ok, the plant will show sex if you let it mature in vegetative state at 18/6 or whatever veg cycle you like...

But, since you're forcing it to flower now, it will probably show in about a week.  It might already have pre-flowers at the nodes - you have to look VERY closely.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: How long of a photoperiod until it shows sex? [Re: hightimesreader]
    #7276906 - 08/09/07 02:59 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Take a clone and put that in the 12/12 light. You should also look the plant over without doing anything cause I've never seen a plant that doesn't have a few preflowers if you know how to look.
If you decide to keep doing what your doing your gonna be in for a bit of a wait. The plant has to kick into flowering to get the sex then when you turn the light back the plant is gonna go into shock for a bit so expect it to be about 3 to 4 weeks after you kick the lights back to normal before the plants start to grow normal again.

This last one is best cause this is what the preflowers most often look like when in the vegative state. Female on left male on right.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies