Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Banez- "The Endzone"- AFC Breakdown
    #7244338 - 07/31/07 04:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

2nd edition, since atleast some people got something out of the NFC one.

AFC East-
New England- IMO the best team in football now, the added 2 serious weapons at WR with Moss and Stallworth.. Marooney has really developed even after just 1 season. They will contend with the Colts for the AFC Championship.

Jets- Added Thomas Jones, but have a big question in Chad Pennington and his arm, idk, ive never trusted the guy even though he played GREAT last year, Jets will win another 9-10 games this season.

Buffalo- Lost Willis McGahee to Baltimore, will Marshawn Lynch be able to carry the load? They do have weapons at WR in Lee Evans and Pearless Price (i think he is still there) but JP Losman isnt a Tom Brady. I give Buffalo 6 games in 2007-2008

Miami- They actually will give Buffalo a run, Trent Green is expected to win the starting job, and has some targets in Chris Chambers and rookie Ted Ginn Jr. could be the next Devin Hester on special teams. They also have a developing star is Ronnie Brown at RB. I think they are missing a lot of peices on an old defense. but could be worth 6-7 wins.

AFC West-
San Deigo- didnt lose anything except their entire coaching staff, but still with that much talent, they will win the west again.

Denver- This will really depend on Cutler, I think he will have a breakout season, they acquried Travis Henry at RB.. and as you know Denver makes every RB look great, and Travis will jump into this role nicely. I also like the emerging WR's of Kevin Curtis and Branden Marshall.

Kansas City- Losing Trent Green, I dont think Huard will be able to get it done. Larry Johnson is still a beast, but they really dont have any outside threats. Eddie Kennison? no. Tony Gonzales is still one of the best TE's in the game, but even he is getting old. also Preist Holmes has reported that he will be in training camp.

Oakland- wont be good for awhile. period. JaMarcus Russel still isnt even in camp due to him and his agent holding out. They have old WR's in Joey Porter and Curry. Defense is actually decent, but they wont be able to hold teams to 3-7 points every game, which will be needed for Oakland to think about winning.. 4 games is what I give Oakland and that might be being generous.

AFC North-
Cincy- I have to, im a bengals fan. I think they have all the pieces. Palmer back healthy, Rudi Johnson is a beast, 2 great WR's with Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandz.. even with Chris Henry out they will be a potent offense with a Defense that loves to score off INT's.

Baltimore- McNair played very well last season getting Baltimore back into the playoffs, then they go out and acquire Willis McGahee who ran well in Buffalo and i think this is a well oiled offense, of course relying on McNair to stay healthy, which is as likely as McNabb ever finishing a whole season.

Steelers- Ben should rebound off his terrible sophomore season. They have added Santanio Holmes at WR and he should earn the #2 spot behind Hines Ward. Willie Parker is a pretty solid back as well. but i dont see them being the steelers of old.

Browns- Brady Quinn is still holding out and missing more of camp, its likely that Charlie Frye will get the start. Brady hopefully will be starting by week 6-7. Browns finish last, and cowboys get their pick in 2008 in exchange for that Brady Quinn pick. :smile:

AFC South-
Colts- Lost a key player on the O-line with Aaron Glenns retirement, but they have all the weapons of last year and added Anthony Gonzales to fill the role of Branden Stokely, which he should do great, since that is the same role he played in college. Colts win 11+ games again.

Jacksonville- Tossup between them and Tennessee, the difference, the defense.. Jacksonville has a great defense and thats why I give them 8-9 games next season.

Tennessee- I really like the youth of this team, but I think they are still too young to make that next leap. Vince Young looked great with limited playing time and hopefully can pick up where he left off. Tennesee is thin at WR, and have LenDale White now carrying the load at RB. The defense is nothing special either. 7-8 wins max.

Houston- wont be better. They did added Matt Schaub instead of David Carr, but it wont matter. Lundy is the starting back and wont be able to take the pressure off schaub which is why Carr looked like shit. Houston wins 4-6 games.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banez- "The Endzone"- AFC Breakdown [Re: Banez]
    #7244434 - 07/31/07 05:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I predict Moss will be dead weight. He is going to frustrate the Pats this year, you watch.

The Chargers are best all around, IMO.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banez- "The Endzone"- AFC Breakdown [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7244441 - 07/31/07 05:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Not by far. SD lost their entire coaching staff.. didnt you see what losing a head coach did to Pittsburgh last year?

SD will be good and make the playoffs just with pure talent, but i dont think they have the coaching to win it all.

Colts and Pats for AFC conference championship. Moss will be great. he was playing with fucking Aaron Brooks last year. He made Culpepper look good. He will make Brady look even better.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #7244649 - 07/31/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Pearless?

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banez- "The Endzone"- AFC Breakdown [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7244690 - 07/31/07 06:49 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

what is it, Peerless? sorry thats not a common name in my region.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#7245257 - 07/31/07 09:19 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
Denver- This will really depend on Cutler, I think he will have a breakout season, they acquried Travis Henry at RB.. and as you know Denver makes every RB look great, and Travis will jump into this role nicely. I also like the emerging WR's of Kevin Curtis and Branden Marshall.

Kevin Curtis plays for the Eagles...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banez- "The Endzone"- AFC Breakdown [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7245442 - 07/31/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

shit, thats right.

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #7246570 - 08/01/07 06:53 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Two things I disagree with:

1. I pick Tennessee over Jacksonville.
2. I think the AFC Championship will be Chargers vs. Pats. Colts have a great team but their Defense is hit or miss. They got lucky at the end of last season when their defense finally learned how to play. I dont think it will happen again.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#7246942 - 08/01/07 09:54 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Couple things, Miami is going to be terrible. They have aging stars on the defense, there offense will be absolutely horrible although i like Ronnie Brown because of a bad o-line/old-afraid-hes-going-to-die-qb/horrible-Ocoordinator/new-coach. I am also not just saying that because i hate the dolphins even though i do, i honestly think they will have a top 5 pick in the draft next year.

Secondly the colts lost Tarik Glenn not Aaron Glenn. Also Baltimore will be good but not nearly as good as they were last year, too old/lost players and btw Mcgahee is terrible. Most overrated player in the NFL. He doesn't have speed and their running game will be worse since they lost their fullback.

Other than that I pretty much agree with you.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banez- "The Endzone"- AFC Breakdown [Re: AaronEvil]
    #7247763 - 08/01/07 02:12 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
Two things I disagree with:

1. I pick Tennessee over Jacksonville.
2. I think the AFC Championship will be Chargers vs. Pats. Colts have a great team but their Defense is hit or miss. They got lucky at the end of last season when their defense finally learned how to play. I dont think it will happen again.

1. I said it was a tossup between Jacksonville and Tennessee, so thats not really a huge disagreement. I just like Jacksonville's defense.
2. Colts will be fine, they still have some studs on defense. No reason to expect anything other than a repeat.

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banez- "The Endzone"- AFC Breakdown [Re: relativexistance]
    #7247784 - 08/01/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

relativexistance said:
Couple things, Miami is going to be terrible. They have aging stars on the defense, there offense will be absolutely horrible although i like Ronnie Brown because of a bad o-line/old-afraid-hes-going-to-die-qb/horrible-Ocoordinator/new-coach. I am also not just saying that because i hate the dolphins even though i do, i honestly think they will have a top 5 pick in the draft next year.

Secondly the colts lost Tarik Glenn not Aaron Glenn. Also Baltimore will be good but not nearly as good as they were last year, too old/lost players and btw Mcgahee is terrible. Most overrated player in the NFL. He doesn't have speed and their running game will be worse since they lost their fullback.

Other than  that I pretty much agree with you.

Whoops.. I had the Cowboys in my head too often (aaron glenn).. McGahee isnt overrated, he hardly ever gets talked about and he played in Buffalo and still managed to run the ball. He will be a great addition to Baltimore IMO who has a much much better O-line. They made Jamal Lewis look good for several seasons.

With Miami, im rolling the dice, I have them in dead last in their division, but maybe inflated how many games they would win. Idk Ive always liked how reliabl Trent Green is, he isnt a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but he doesnt make many mistakes and can run an offense.

This is why I made this thread, to invoke discussion, I didnt want everyone to just agree with me. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
 User Gallery

#7247879 - 08/01/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Didn't trent green play terrible when he came back from injury last season though? He was a really good qb for a long time, however I think his injuries and age may have caught up to him.

Also Mcgahee is an underachiever and didn't play well for the Bills, he played good against the Jets and thats about it. He has a 3.8ypc on a line where Anthony Thomas could manage a 3.5ypc. He can't catch and he can't block and he doesn't know the plays. Last year on a 4th and goal he was stuffed at the line against the Pats when it appeared he could have made it. He remarked that he thought it was 3rd down, this isn't heresay either this was published material. He sucks and is overrated. He would have been a stud had his knee not got destroyed, but he just hasn't commited to football outside his first season.

Edited by relativexistance (08/01/07 02:51 PM)

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7247885 - 08/01/07 02:49 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure Damon Huard finished the season as the KC starter.

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
 User Gallery

#7247898 - 08/01/07 02:52 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Ya i believe he did but wasn't there a game or two after he came back and played terrible, I just remember sportscasters going on about if they should let him play after Huard did so good and he didn't do well. I may be wrong but I thought I remember hearing that.

Offlinerelativexistance
 User Gallery

#7247908 - 08/01/07 02:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Apparently he did play the end of the season, I thought Huard played most of it but they switched up. Either way check out his stats for the final 7 games of the season, not so good looking.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2547

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7248065 - 08/01/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

they are bad.. but do you remember that hit he had to recover from? that shit was crazy.

I think a change to a new team and a new team will be good for him.. he is 37 so there isnt much left.. but who knows.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom