Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
sooooo, i have a canoe.......
    #7236387 - 07/29/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

and there is a really nice lake i would like to go launch it in and paddle around in.

problem is that the damn canoe is fucking huge, a 3 person canoe 17 feet i think, and it would be a damn pain in the ass to somehow tie the fucker to the top of my car securely......

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: sooooo, i have a canoe....... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7236491 - 07/29/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

strap a few skateboards to the bottom...have to make sure they are straight. And ride the canoe to the lake!

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

Re: sooooo, i have a canoe....... [Re: aDoS]
    #7236900 - 07/29/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The amphibious.

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#7236920 - 07/29/07 04:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Just tie it to the back of the car and drag it. It'll work fine, I promise. I used to make canoes, I'd know.

Note: everything I said was a lie.

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: sooooo, i have a canoe....... [Re: Gumby]
    #7236937 - 07/29/07 04:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

next you should upgrade and buy a house on the water = P

My parents have a place on the water, my brother and I are going up for a few days this week to visit them. point being is they have Kayaks. Yay!

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: sooooo, i have a canoe....... [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #7236998 - 07/29/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Kayaking is better, well ive never canoed before, but ive tried C1ing a kayak and it was a major biyatch

Kayaking OWNS the shit its hella fun

can you roll your canoe?

i know people that can roll a canoes....

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #7237013 - 07/29/07 04:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I put my 17' canoe on my VW Jetta's roof rack, and can run 70MPH no problem. Make sure it's level, and if you use flat nylon straps {as opposed to rope} make sure you twist them 1 or 2 turns, or they will vibrate and make one hell of an annoying noise above 40MPH or so. Tie the front and back down tight.I run a couple straps around the boat bottom through the roof rack{or thru your open windows} My boat sits about even with the front bumper, and overhangs a few feet past the  back bumper.I can pack a lot of stuff inside the canoe once it's on the roof{sleeping bags, tent, PFD's, fishing gear,coolers,etc}leaving more space inside the car.Plus I have a flat back canoe and a 4HP outboard, so lazy ole me doesn't have to paddle if I don't feel like it.:fishing::goodluck:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: sooooo, i have a canoe....... [Re: AntiEverything]
    #7237032 - 07/29/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
Kayaking is better, well ive never canoed before, but ive tried C1ing a kayak and it was a major biyatch

Kayaking OWNS the shit its hella fun

can you roll your canoe?

i know people that can roll a canoes.

... This happened near my town not too long ago...water tragedy

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: sooooo, i have a canoe....... [Re: vinsue]
    #7239049 - 07/30/07 03:37 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

haha, so i strapped the fucker to the roof of my 70's mercedes and drove it to the lake, it was a damn good time, and a funny sight :smile:

I made it across the lake just fine, but the way back was somewhat more of a problem, you see i was going with the wind at first, then on the way back i was against the wind.

However, I do have a Canoing Merit badge (im an eagle scout) so i managed to make it back. Its one hell of a good work out.

Tomorrow im going to take it to a larger lake, or dump it in the local Channel that goes to lake michigan, however i hear the current is quite fast there........ plus me + canoe on lake michigan might not go so well :smile:

I wish i had a camera, or i would post pics

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #7239087 - 07/30/07 04:45 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a great time. My dad has a nice berch canoe, although heavy, it is very nice and is a joy to use.
What kind of padding did you use between the canoe and your roof?

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: sooooo, i have a canoe....... [Re: papixx]
    #7239818 - 07/30/07 12:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

we have 4 litttle foam blocks that fit right on the rails, i just got up, im going to get dressed and drop the thing in the local river, see where it takes me :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #7239826 - 07/30/07 12:24 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Perfect. That's what we have too.
Bring a fishing rod for the heck of it!

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

Offlinelebkilowatt
La Presidenta

Loc: Somewhere between the NE ...
    #7239846 - 07/30/07 12:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

17 ft 3 people is pretty typical. Just went out this weekend and did the same thing. There are foam rubber type things that fit along the edge of canoes (probably at REI, Campmor...). They come with straps. Even without a roof rack, they'll "stick" to the top of your car without scratching it up, then you can loop the straps around the bow and stern of the canoe (assuming there's something there to secure it with)and winch it tight (built in to the straps), securing it to the frame of your car by bringing the straps underneath and around the bumper. Do a middle one though too, bringing the strap through the car doors. I do this with a station wagon, so even with a regular sedan type thing, it'd work. They're $20 or so.

Have fun!

--------------------
"We die containing a richness of lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we have plunged into and swum up as if rivers of wisdom, characters we have climbed into as if trees, fears we have hidden in as in caves. I wish for all this to be marked on my body when I am dead. I believe in such cartography." -Michael Ondaatje

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom