Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekeystonelight
Stranger

the hippy diet
    #7232341 - 07/27/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

so... i was dosed out the other day and came the the revelation that my diet sucks. i eaten wendys and nasty ass food all my life. i would like to try a month of a healthy diet...like vegetables and humus and what not. someone hook me up with a few tastey healthy foods you like. i gotta go grocery shopping soon anyways and am gunna avoid the ramen and frozen burger patties.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanonymous123
Peope AreStrange
Male

Re: the hippy diet [Re: keystonelight]
    #7232349 - 07/27/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i find it funny that you are going on a healthy diet and your user name is keystonelight

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #7232350 - 07/27/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really watch what I eat. I eat quite a bit too. I dunno I really like food. I would change my eating habits if I knew I was getting something out of it. Does eating "healthy" make you more happy overall? I really don't give a shit about good health, we will die eventually, then what will good health get me?

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #7232356 - 07/27/07 11:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

keystonelight said:
i gotta go grocery shopping soon anyways and am gunna avoid the ramen and frozen burger patties.

Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and you can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. You need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: the hippy diet [Re: aDoS]
    #7232359 - 07/27/07 11:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:then what will good health get me?

A little more time to keep dosing bro :thumbup:

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #7232360 - 07/27/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

get with the green foods, especially spirulina or chlorella.

also make the switch from cows milk to soy milk.

fruits, vegetables, all organic.

eat fish.

drink water.

breathe air.

live good.

:hippie:

--------------------

Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
    #7232367 - 07/27/07 11:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a vegetarian, but I really feel "cleaner" now than I ever did when I ate unhealthily. It makes sense to me though.

You should check out some edamame. It's grrreeat.
Hummus is good.
Seitan is really good too, but you might have to go to a health good store for that.
Lots and lots of green. I prefer mine mostly raw, maybe heated all together with some tofu in Thai style? mmm. I reallllly want some Thai food now.

Or some sushi.
Tempurah Tofu Sushi.
Tempurah Spinach Sushi.
Tempurah Peanut Sushi.
Ru San's is the best sushi place ever
:grin:

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
Re: the hippy diet [Re: California]
    #7232368 - 07/27/07 11:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Oregon said:
Quote:

keystonelight said:
i gotta go grocery shopping soon anyways and am gunna avoid the ramen and frozen burger patties.

Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and you can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. You need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

:lol:

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #7232372 - 07/27/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

keystonelight said:
so... i was dosed out the other day and came the the revelation that my diet sucks.

That's always a good revelation. I have that one every few months, and little by little I am improving it...

We have serious dietary problems in America (and "the west" in general), and the solution is personal effort, not legislation...

--------------------

Offlinekeystonelight
Stranger

Re: the hippy diet [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #7232374 - 07/27/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

why would i want to eat healthy? bc i realized what most americans eat today is pure shite. we were not supposed to eat the shit we eat. why do you think americans are so fucking fat!

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #7232387 - 07/27/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

keystonelight said:
why would i want to eat healthy? bc i realized what most americans eat today is pure shite. we were not supposed to eat the shit we eat. why do you think americans are so fucking fat!

because they eat shit and don't exercise. I don't know if I eat "shit", but I eat what I want, when I want...and thats a lot of fucking food, and I'm not fat. If you eat a lot, exercise a lot. Food = energy, use it. Now I am still wondering if eating "healthy" makes you happier??? If so then I would consider watching what I eat.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
    #7232402 - 07/27/07 11:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
Quote:

keystonelight said:

because they eat shit and don't exercise. I don't know if I eat "shit", but I eat what I want, when I want...and thats a lot of fucking food, and I'm not fat. If you eat a lot, exercise a lot. Food = energy, use it. Now I am still wondering if eating "healthy" makes you happier??? If so then I would consider watching what I eat.

eating right, over time, will give you more energy, self control, feel stronger etc etc. If you want a happy pill, go get some lithium based products from gnc.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #7232418 - 07/27/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It's actually pretty complex, and I wouldn't know where to begin to start with the factors that contribute to America's obesity problem: a constellation of genetic factors; embryonic hormonal-loading; environment; market factors; advertising; changes in lifestyle; et cetera (ad nauseum)... But even when listed, none of these single factors predict individual performance or pathology, as it is a extremely complicated formula, which must be determined based on the individual in question...

However, diet and exercise are two factors we do have total control over... It just takes effort and discipline...

--------------------

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
    #7232430 - 07/27/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Grapes are pretty badass to snack on.. actually last time I tripped we had a big bag of grapes that occupied us for quite some time.. they were so delicious! I enjoy eating quite a bit of fruit instead of junk food like chips. Also like AlteredAgain said greens are always good. You can do a lot of things with lettuce. Also nuts are healthy and a pretty filling snack between meals (I like peanuts and cashews.) Tuna is also good. And hey lets not forget shiitake mushrooms! Just google healthy food.. you'll find what you're looking for.

I used to not mind devouring junk food all the time, but then I woke up. I've been on a gradual increase of eating healthier for years now, and I can honestly say the more healthier I eat the happier I become with myself.. even though I wasn't unhappy with my diet to being with. Why should I eat unhealthy shitty tasting food when a delicious healthy meal is usually not too much more trouble. Unfortunately everyones situation is different, and many people are being raised on fast food today and its all they know. I can only see the statistics of fast food casualties coming out in 20-30 years. I'm just glad I was fortunate enough to have parents that cooked a lot of meals.. really gives you a shit-like perspective about fast food. Fast food is an absolute last resort for me.. especially since you can usually get decent take out for about the same price (wow 2 more bucks so I don't have to eat a fucking greaseball burger? YES PLEASE.) It's just literally impossible for me to imagine fast food being my main diet, but I know many that have no problem with it.

Well this is kind of starting to become a fast food rant so I'll just end it on the note: That anybody who isn't literally starving to death is wasting their time eating fast food. The whole purpose of eating is to get vital vitamins and minerals.. so when you're eating food that is not only unhealthy for you because of its origin and preparation, but because it doesn't have what you need.. then I ask what are you accomplishing for yourself? You might save a couple of minutes going through the drive through, but how many years will the culmination of a fast food diet take off your life?

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

America in a Parallel Dimension [Re: StreetFreak]
    #7232456 - 07/27/07 11:55 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Organic King.

apples, bananas, berries, tangerines, salads, freshly juiced veggies..

mushrooms, raw fish, whole grain sandwiches..

no sodas, spring water only.

all available via drive-through.

it's the new fast food.

have it your way.

:hypno:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #7233299 - 07/28/07 10:44 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

keystonelight said:
so... i was dosed out the other day and came the the revelation that my diet sucks. i eaten wendys and nasty ass food all my life. i would like to try a month of a healthy diet...like vegetables and humus and what not. someone hook me up with a few tastey healthy foods you like. i gotta go grocery shopping soon anyways and am gunna avoid the ramen and frozen burger patties.

cut out the fast foods and processed foods, avoid the canned foods section,
things that are heavily processed are gonna be bad for you because sterilization
kills off many ofthe microorganisms your body needs to keep you healthy, meat
isnt bad for you so dont be afraid to buy it, soy products on the other hand
are being shown to increase cancer risks to men

increase your activity level and you'll find you have more energy and improved health.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7233329 - 07/28/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

damn.. all this talk about healthy diets is starting to change my mind.. I eat relatively healthy normally, but recently I've started eating loads of sugars and junk food =/.

Definitely don't feel as good as I did while I was eating healthily (also my alcohol consumption has increase; which is probably a contributing factor).

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: the hippy diet [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7233337 - 07/28/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
soy products on the other hand
are being shown to increase cancer risks to men.

i've heard the contrary.

what research points to this if i may ask?

--------------------

OfflineDoorsFan
Ubermensch
Male

Loc: Grassy Gnole
Re: the hippy diet [Re: California]
    #7233342 - 07/28/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Oregon said:
Quote:

keystonelight said:

Ahhahahahaa

--------------------
No one fucks with the Jesus.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #7233354 - 07/28/07 11:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
soy products on the other hand
are being shown to increase cancer risks to men.

i've heard the contrary.
what research points to this if i may ask?

a couple things to get you started. investigate foot notes
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/soydangers.html
http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract