Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Is my brother an arsehole?
    #7225613 - 07/26/07 09:17 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

My brother lives within 15 minutes walk from me and 25 mins from my parents.

He hasn't got me a birthday present for the past five years, even though I always get him something. He's never bought my wife a birthday present and this year he didn't get my dad anything for his birthday.

He's only once been round to see my son, his nephew, in the four months since he was born.

He dominates all conversations and always claims that no-one works as hard as him.

He smokes pot constantly, never keeps a promise and is an utterly self serving jerk.

I still love the guy but am gradually losing my patience with him.

My family exhaust me.

Just ranting...

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: Is my brother an arsehole? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #7225625 - 07/26/07 09:20 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yeah hes an asshole

--------------------

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is my brother an arsehole? [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7225675 - 07/26/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TurntableJunky said:
yeah hes an asshole

Ah, I thought so!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #7225676 - 07/26/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

he's a narcissistic asshole at that.
If he doesn't want to see your child, banish him, he will change his ways if family matters. I have banished lots of my family for this very reason. 9 years later, they still haven't contacted me... out of sight, out of mind i guess, that's kinda easy for people that give a shit about nothing but themselves, they only care about you, when they want something from you..

the smoking pot daily, really doesn't factor in to your equation, I smoke pot hourly, and the family i do interact with, sees me daily, I help them financially, with chores, i laugh with them, i've cried with them, and if they need anything, I am there within reason to help.

I am about to have twins, and the family I do not associate with, tries to contact me, I don't want their tainted unrealistic outlook on life touching my children, so I keep them away. They don't care about me, they cannot care about my children.

Life is to great to waste worrying about people that don't care about others. Tell him this. Banish him, and count the years till they contact you. Your life may improve from this. At least you'll know why he isn't coming around, cause you told his ass not to!

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is my brother an arsehole? [Re: jeetered]
    #7225716 - 07/26/07 09:43 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:

Yeah to that - the pot smoking does factor in though, it sort of rules his life, nothing is more important to him.

Also, he's five years older than me but everyone thinks I'm the older one!

I don't even mind him forgetting my birthday (even though he could just slip a tenner in a envelope and chuck through my door on the way home - but that would take 10 mins of his valuable time!) it's not getting anythign for my dad and not coming round to see my son that chokes me.

My family is weird, I feel so little kinship with them, yet live so close. My mum gives the worst advice and has no tact, and my dad, in his seventies now, (due to his own mmother being insane)was raised by his grandmother who was alive during the Victorian era! My dad's okay but it's a bit like talking to a Dickens character at times.

Strange, strange people.

I'm the only one who's calm - they're so bloody exhausting and stressful people.

--------------------

Edited by theorganicdomino (07/26/07 09:44 AM)

Offlinelipan
Magi
 User Gallery
    #7225762 - 07/26/07 09:55 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like the dude has some deep seated issues.

--------------------
Feel free to forget all that I am saying, for the instant these clumsy words spill out of my mouth, they transform into complete lies.

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#7225778 - 07/26/07 10:00 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Some people don't interact the same way with their family like others, especially if they had issues in the past. DOnt think that your brother doenst give a fuck, maybe that is just the way he is.

--------------------

Offlineemoney
Stranger

#7225790 - 07/26/07 10:03 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Kick the crap out of him.... have him put in a hospital where no one will go visit him.

Maybe then he will realize what a family is.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is my brother an arsehole? [Re: learning_byte]
    #7225792 - 07/26/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

learning_byte said:
Some people don't interact the same way with their family like others, especially if they had issues in the past. DOnt think that your brother doenst give a fuck, maybe that is just the way he is.

It is just the way he is I suppose.

I used to have a great relationship with him and the few times in the past year or so I have seen him it's usually been a laugh.

I just wish the guy would be a little more thoughtful!

--------------------

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#7225814 - 07/26/07 10:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

So startto annoy him already. Call him more, and get all cheesy with pictures of your kids and stuff like that. That is how my brother gets me travelling to another state to see my nephew.

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7225968 - 07/26/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:courtjudge:

Ass clown!

Verdict is in.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #7227034 - 07/26/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I sense an anti-drug commercial coming out of this.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

OfflineAngered Roach

Re: Is my brother an arsehole? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #7227135 - 07/26/07 03:41 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The dread drug "Marihuana" had been proven to tear apart family bonds. Family members could no longer associate with one another the way they once had, once their minds had been tainted with the cannabis plant. They no longer desired to see their other family members, not even the 4 month old baby.

The drug had left this man with a terrible addiction, where every waking minute of his day was consumed with thoughts on how to get more of his fix. Family, friends, and a good life in general no longer matter, only the drug.

In his spare time, he began to experiment with puppy carving and baby kicking. He was frequently found at the hospital, smoking gigantic marihuana cigars and strangling patients to death, leaving only the terminal patients alone.

We must STOP this menace, for the future of our children!

Offlinehailtothethief
floater

Re: Is my brother an arsehole? [Re: Angered Roach]
    #7227237 - 07/26/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know about that. pot tends to make me a bit more selfish, especiallly while im high. that could just be me though.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Is my brother an arsehole? [Re: Angered Roach]
    #7227319 - 07/26/07 04:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

lol @ puppy carving.... that does have bearing on this thread, sad.

organicdomino... your brother sounds like he's hit a deep depression, he may need
help, he may not listen to you but if you know some of his friends you may want to
talk with them. it may not be that he's an asshole, he may just be too far into
his own head..

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #7227404 - 07/26/07 04:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:
Quote:

jeetered said:

Yeah to that - the pot smoking does factor in though, it sort of rules his life, nothing is more important to him.

Also, he's five years older than me but everyone thinks I'm the older one!

I don't even mind him forgetting my birthday (even though he could just slip a tenner in a envelope and chuck through my door on the way home - but that would take 10 mins of his valuable time!) it's not getting anythign for my dad and not coming round to see my son that chokes me.

My family is weird, I feel so little kinship with them, yet live so close. My mum gives the worst advice and has no tact, and my dad, in his seventies now, (due to his own mmother being insane)was raised by his grandmother who was alive during the Victorian era! My dad's okay but it's a bit like talking to a Dickens character at times.

Strange, strange people.

I'm the only one who's calm - they're so bloody exhausting and stressful people.

I feel the exact same way man. My brother's 3 years older than me, and people are shocked when they figure out I'm not the older one. And yeah everyone in my family is stressed and only building off eachother, I just try to avoid it.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #7227515 - 07/26/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Not everyone likes their family. Guess that would make them an asshole.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #7227927 - 07/26/07 08:12 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i'd say keep doing what you've been doing, keep getting him birthday presents, always have the opportunity open for him to come visit. sounds like he just needs to get his priorities straight, which only he can do. i'm sure he will eventually, and if you start distancing him now, it may be harder for him to come to when he wants to. just uphold your end of it.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules