Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Beckley Foundation
    #7215710 - 07/23/07 09:20 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Beckley Foundation's LSD Research Project with Human Subjects Obtains Full Government Approval

Dr. Peter Gasser and MAPS had been vying for the title of "first legal human LSD research study in over 35 years," but we have been beaten to the punch by Amanda Fielding's Beckley Foundation, which is sponsoring a US study that will administer two modest doses of LSD to 12 healthy LSD-experienced participants while measuring its effects on experience, brain waves, and perceptual tasks. I guess MAPS and Dr. Gasser will have to settle for the title of "first legal LSD therapy research study in over 35 years." We'll take it. Congratulations to our allies at Beckley!

Beckley's initial pilot study will look at dose-related changes in consciousness using electroencephalography (EEG). It will investigate the hypothesis that LSD induces increased synchronization in the electrical activity between neurons, and that this enhanced neural synchrony, plus increased integration of activity between cortical regions, will be linked with changes in cognition. In particular, new neurocognitive measures will be applied to study attention and temporal integration on perceptual tasks. The recruitment phase of the study is already underway.

Anyone else read about this from the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies? I think this is great!

However, I can't find much more information on the subject. I visited Beckley's website too, and they didn't seem to post much information on it.

Has anyone else heard about this? Has anyone else heard more (the specifics of the scientific study). I'm really interested in following this study. Let me know if anyone sees anything else about this.

Peace,
Anarcho

--------------------
YIPPIE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Beckley Foundation [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #7215718 - 07/23/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, I heard about this and I'd love to know more details, I think it was about time. :thumbup:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: Beckley Foundation [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7216728 - 07/24/07 02:02 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yea man got this its awesome news

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order