Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemit
Stranger
improperly dried..
    #720592 - 07/03/02 02:18 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if improperly dried shrooms pose any health risks.

Cubensis i have bought on the street are usually crisp and brittle. I bought a fat sack recently that were dry but obviously not done correctly because they bend and the caps are still a little soft. Unfortunately i have to wait a few more days to trip. There hasn't been any molding or bacteria as far as i can tell. Is it possible that having not been dried right, that some kind of mold may be unseen and eating them may cause some sickness?

Is there a dramatic decrease in potency due to improper drying. Should i eat all 10 grams?

I read here that blue doesn't always mean better.---these are the bluest i've ever seen!!!
Thanks friends.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: improperly dried.. [Re: mit]
    #721024 - 07/03/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It all depends how old they are... If they were picked w/in the last 7 days and haven't been exposed to extreme heat (over 120F) they'll still be good. You should dry them cracker dry ASAP.

If they have a very strong smell of shrooms (they smell like the taste) they're probably NG.

You really wont know for sure 'til you try 'em. After they're dry, eat a few grams and see what you get in 30-45 mins, then if nothing, toss 'em, if a weak effect seems to be coming on, eat some more or if it seems like normal for what you get from 3 grams, you're all set.

I've gotten squishy ones before and they were junk.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

InvisibleshroomGod420
Loc: Southern U.S.
    #723213 - 07/04/02 06:49 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

as long as they are not nasty an mushies plus funky lookin. then they are fine but if they are rotten lookin they are bad. when i used to buy mushies i did get mushies from time to time that weren't completely dried that i tripped balls off of. so my point is that if they are still in good condition but just not completly dried they are still good. so have a shroomy day as mj says. peace out.

--------------------
"Maui Waui x Labrador"
"this is some heavy shit man!!!!" Cheech N Chong

Anonymous

#723241 - 07/04/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

you're gonna eat 10 grms?
Dry?
That's bullshit

Anonymous

Re: improperly dried.. [Re: Anonymous]
    #724008 - 07/05/02 12:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

He said they weren't totally dry.. cracker dry they probably won't be 10 grams.

But yeah man 10 grams is enough for 3 intense trips. Don't eat 10 dried grams.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: improperly dried.. [Re: Anonymous]
    #724025 - 07/05/02 12:58 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I've eaten as many as 12 dry grams. Pretty much a waste though as I can't remember any of those trips. I wonder if I had a good time? I don't do more than 7 grams at a time now, and usually only 5.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: improperly dried.. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #724302 - 07/05/02 07:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I feel like aliens are taking over my body and im going insane if i dose above 5 grams. Everything just becomes a visual, my thoughts go irrational(peple are tring to hurt me) and it gets scary for me.

Dry them shrooms the rest of the way out and it sounds like they will be ok.

Potency might of been deminished a bit from sitting with moisture in them.

I

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinetinyTeno
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: New Zealand
Re: improperly dried.. [Re: TM]
    #26656596 - 05/08/20 04:32 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

What's NG?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale