Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed.
    #718270 - 07/02/02 02:50 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

YESTERDAY IN HISTORY ?.. WITHHOLDING. 1943

I missed this hideous anniversary yesterday, July 1st. But, better late than never.

July 1, 1943 was the day the modern era of income tax withholding began. The politicians told the American people that the withholding program would only last until the end of World War II. After the war we would go back to the tried-and-true system of Americans figuring out how much tax they owed at the end of every year and writing a check.

So ? Fifty-nine years ago Americans stopped knowing how much they earned. They started knowing what they ?took home.?

Fifty-nine years ago Americans stopped knowing how much they paid in federal income taxes, they only knew how much they were ?getting back.?

The withholding system has been the magic enabler that has allowed politicians to raise taxes and spending year after year after year without any repercussions from the electorate. When the final history of the destruction of freedom is written, July 1, 1943 will be much-lamented date.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #718605 - 07/02/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

So which political party supports removing this statue of the tax law?

Anonymous

Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #718659 - 07/02/02 06:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party both support repeal of this statute.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: ]
    #718664 - 07/02/02 06:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

is that the political party you support?

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #718668 - 07/02/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'de rather pay income tax than property tax even though income tax is more. Too bad we're stuck with both.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #718673 - 07/02/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What about the other way around. No income tax, but only property, but based on a different scale.

2 problesm are population is constanly changing, and all people are created equal.
So devise a tax that taxes everyone based on their own personal percentage of the world, that they must pay. Based on land, and expanded into income, if you do not own land. Just a thought.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #719333 - 07/02/02 11:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would rather pay property tax. I pay $1300 a year for my house and I dont own the land, the city does since I live in a historic landmark area. Plus I get $1000 taken out monthly for taxes and at the end of the year I get no where near half of that back.

How many of you pay state and federal tax? I know that some states dont have a state tax, You people are lucky.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #719361 - 07/02/02 11:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone that owns property or pays rent pays property tax. If you rent it's added in to the cost of the rent you pay. You pay more rent to the owner and he pays the tax with the rent you paid him.

I hate property tax with a passion. The way I view it is that no one that pays property tax owns the land or property they pay the tax on. The property tax is a rent payment government permission to use and occupy the land which you have a deed to. If you don't pay your tax/rent to the city or county then men with guns will force you off of the property and if you resist with force they will kill you. It's just the principle of not owning any property in America that really unnerves me.

It's not the amount of the tax I pay that bothers me as much of the principle of the thing behind it. Now income tax is more fair than property tax because it taxes people based on their ability to pay. Those that can afford more can pay more and those that can afford to pay less pay less. If you make more you pay more and if you make less you pay less. But with property taxes it's based on what you own or posess. If someone with a low income owns 5000 acres he will lose his land because the gov will take it from him for not paying his taxes on it. This has screwed thousands of family farmers out of their land that has been in their families for generations.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#719396 - 07/03/02 12:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would rather see a national sales tax with NO exemptions for anyone, business or personal.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#719405 - 07/03/02 12:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Not even non profits organizations or local school districts buy teaching supplies? How heartless of you!

--------------------

Anonymous

#719480 - 07/03/02 03:42 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A national sales tax that exempts food and medical items would be preferrable to an income tax or a property tax. A government that only sticks to it's constitutionaly defined roles would greatly reduce expenditures.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #719517 - 07/03/02 04:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>Not even non profits organizations or local school districts buy teaching supplies? How heartless of you! <

Property taxes ARE what funds local schools. Thats why schools in poor neighborhoods are soo poor, their just isnt as much comeing in from property taxes to fund the schools. Now with Bush slashing federal grant money to states to aid in school programs many schools will suffer over the next few years because they are gona get even less money...

At lest we will have better bombs, less freedom, stricter laws and yet another security force called the Department of Homeland Defence.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Edited by GabbaDj (07/03/02 04:35 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #719635 - 07/03/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Where in the constitution or bill of rights does it say the federal government should be in the business of any type of school funding?

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #719664 - 07/03/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There are few things in the constituiton that the goverment chooses to ignore..."freedom of the press" is a fine example

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: Rono]
    #719676 - 07/03/02 06:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Really? The way the media here likes to slam Bush and kiss the ass of people who seem to have no purpose in life besides slamming the US, you'd never know it.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#719680 - 07/03/02 06:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm ...have you heard about the Massacre in Mazar?...No?...Why do you suppose that is?

--------------------

Edited by Rono (07/03/02 06:52 AM)

Anonymous

#719701 - 07/03/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The press is still free here. Selective reporting and editorial discretion are not the same as censorship.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: July 1, 1943.... a sad day indeed. [Re: ]
    #719704 - 07/03/02 07:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

And why do you suppose that they would "choose" not to print an article related to the above?

--------------------

Anonymous

#719716 - 07/03/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Luvdemshrooms wrote:
Where in the constitution or bill of rights does it say the federal government should be in the business of any type of school funding?

I believe that the separation of school and state is just as important as the separation of church and state, but Adolph Hitler (example: the Hitler Youth) believed and most leftists in modern America believe the State has a duty to properly form young minds to government standards. I assert that it is a parent's duty to see to the education of their children and if an adult (18 yrs and over) wants an education, it is his/her responsibility to provide it. Of course if we weren't taxed at a rate exceeding that of medieval serfs we would be able to afford to send all our children to the schools of our choice.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#719719 - 07/03/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I have heard of the alleged US involvment.

It may make you feel better to think the US media is censored, but you would truly have to be a fool to think it is so.

Even the editors of that left wing rag, The NY Times, which is as liberal a rag as exists, would laugh at you for that one.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/03/02 07:31 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom