Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Would you trip at the lowest point in your life?
    #7175686 - 07/14/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

well i cant say its the absolute lowest point but theres a lot goin on in my life, and tripping has helped me through tough things in the past. what do you think?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Edited by danlennon3 (07/14/07 05:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: danlennon3]
    #7175693 - 07/14/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, well that depends on what you think is the lowest point of someone's life.

If I was contemplating suicide, I don't think I would trip (though I think I have before and had a wonderful experience).

But if I was just really depressed and did not think my life was going anywhere, I think that I would learn a good lesson from a trip.

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: Phishe]
    #7175702 - 07/14/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't even think about it. Id just dig the hole deeper.

I might smoke some weed and have a drink. But seriously substance is never an answer. Unless you got hit by a truck.

InvisibleEll Ess Bree
reppin state tostate, wat uneed?

Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: Infested]
    #7175712 - 07/14/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I already have tripped at the lowest point in my life. 10g's of mush.

Set and setting isn't everything. If it seems like a good idea to you, it probably is. Go for it.

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
    #7175801 - 07/14/07 05:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

my first trip i was pretty low, i had the most intense feeling of emptiness, loneliness, i really believed the world was completely fucked, total negativity, no words can describe what i felt and saw.

I stared into infinite darkness, the abyss, any concepts of hell that Christians have came up with would be a walk in the park compared to how i felt.
It was fucking insane.
i was about 16.

Then i went outside and it was sunny and i seen how beautiful everything looked, it was sunny and it fucking ruled.

I thought i was cool though to experience that amount of intense darkness, it was beautiful in it's own way.

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: Ell Ess Bree]
    #7175804 - 07/14/07 05:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yes, it can be inspiring.
know yourself first.
the inspiration has to be about what you were unaware of
if you know yourself
you know if you can benefit from this.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #7176095 - 07/14/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think I'd be alive today if it weren't for mushrooms, among other things.

--------------------
Everything I have posted on the shroomery.org forums is completely fictional and created out of my own mind.  Any similarity to any current or past event is purely coincidental.

...and of this humongous fungus among us, more of its core's spores are creeping out of the drawer, pouring over the floor, and soaring through the door. Do not ignore this lore, for the spores are their precious ore. - moeburn

"Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, while conscious of their fleeting time here." - Maynard Keenan

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
    #7176456 - 07/14/07 08:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't. I think the trip would turn dark. I'm sure others opinions differ greatly.

--------------------

InvisibleAfroshroomerican
Oprah's Minion
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #7176469 - 07/14/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think this strongly depends on the stability of the individual--how they respond to crises in particular.

For someone like myself; I would not. I have had too many brushes with suicidal thoughts and behaviors that a trip powerful and guided enough could be the breaking point in a distraught state.

For others of stronger coping and self-healing personalities; I would highly suggest them tripping in their lowest point because they would most likely evaluate themselves and heal as opposed to plummet into a deeper depression.

--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

OfflineStephen
Friend
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #7176488 - 07/14/07 08:33 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think I would trip in the lowest part of my life, Not saying for sure, as I've never really been in a very hard time, and been in the possession of mushrooms. But I'm pretty sure I would, I think with my personality, mushrooms would help me through the hard time, and teach me some things that would help me realize vital facts that could help me get through the unpleasent period in my life.

--------------------
"To use your head, you have to get out of your mind." -Timothy Leary

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #7176722 - 07/14/07 09:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

My life is going pretty damn shitty right now, too, so I think I can kind of relate. I have been thinking lately about possibly taking a trip but personally, I have decided against it. I'm sure it would probably ultimately help me, but I just don't feel strong enough to endure such an intense experience at this time. It's up to you, how strong do you feel?

--------------------

Offlinejesusvsbuddha
Fellow Pioneerof the Mind
Male
Loc: Oregon
Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: MorphMan]
    #7177048 - 07/14/07 10:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

ego death is the way. there is no other experience more humbling yet uplifting at the same time. sometimes, we just need to be yanked out of this illusion and realize that NONE OF IT REALLY MATTERS.

--------------------
"I'm glad mushrooms are illegal. You know what happened when I took them? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, 'My God...I love...EVERYthing!' Now if that isn't a hazard to this country..."
-Bill Hicks

InvisibleDerrekito
playing with thesystem...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA
    #7177130 - 07/14/07 11:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sure the situation is different for everyone, because everyone reacts differently in any sort of situation.  I would say that if you are alright in the head, for the most part, try to get a friend to either way over you or do it with.  So go for it, have a supporting environment and make yourself comfortable.

Actually the first time I tripped, I had just had a big fight with my girlfriend at the time, which is why I had decided to do it.  Long story short, it put things into perspective, made me value what I had, and I apologized to my girlfriend....

... which I regret doing :p.  But really, hide your cellphone and have at it :smile:.

-Derrek

--------------------
(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") Mr. Bunny supports: Mike Gravel '08

InvisibleTEAL_MUST_DIE
hobbes was right
Male

Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: Derrekito]
    #7177189 - 07/14/07 11:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

wow you have all type of responses in this post, that wonderful:D

u see tripping while depressed or feeling down is like a weapon with two edges, it could really show u the light and glory (and end up helping u solve your problem)... or it could really send u to a world of misery and pain and then ull be feeling, like my signature says, like a worm lost in insanity.

what im trying to say is that if u can take the pain ur having rite now but ten thousand times deeper and stroger, then u can surely go ahead and make the magic happen!

good luck!

--------------------
:megapsycrankey:

InvisibleDerrekito
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: TEAL_MUST_DIE]
    #7177203 - 07/14/07 11:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TEAL_MUST_DIE said:
wow you have all type of responses in this post, that wonderful:D

u see tripping while depressed or feeling down is like a weapon with two edges, it could really show u the light and glory (and end up helping u solve your problem)... or it could really send u to a world of misery and pain and then ull be feeling, like my signature says, like a worm lost in insanity.

what im trying to say is that if u can take the pain ur having rite now but ten thousand times deeper and stroger, then u can surely go ahead and make the magic happen!

good luck!

I totally agree! Which is why I recommend you have a buddy you really trust. You want the worst case scenario to be you crying, which isn't bad, not pleasent and surly not what you are looking for, but you will feel better the next day regardless of how your trip goes.

Best case scenario is you have a good time, and you come out of this head over heals about life, realizing that everything really is okay.

Best of luck!

--------------------
(\__/)
( -'.'-)

Offlineb1tH
I Am You

Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: Derrekito]
    #7177223 - 07/14/07 11:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've done it, or at least what seems right now like it was the lowest point in my life. I didn't have a bad trip, I never have, but it was the closest thing. I was ready to kill myself, turned out I wouldn't ever try that shit again. Honestly, bad situations don't need more LSD or psilocybin...

--------------------
Nothing lasts...

My Music:  www.myspace.com/heretictheory

...But nothing is lost.

InvisibleDerrekito
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: b1tH]
    #7177247 - 07/14/07 11:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

b1tH said:
I've done it, or at least what seems right now like it was the lowest point in my life.  I didn't have a bad trip, I never have, but it was the closest thing.  I was ready to kill myself, turned out I wouldn't ever try that shit again.  Honestly, bad situations don't need more LSD or psilocybin...

I think we have to be careful.  I have seen documentaries about LSD where LSD was used as therapy for people.  what is KEY is a supporting environment.  But also, if you do not feel comfortable doing it under this kind of stress or mind state, then DONT DO IT.

[url=
&q=hoffman%27s+potion&total=6&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6142421045737850930&q=hoffman%27s+potion&total=6&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4[/url]

The above is the documentary I am talking about. Might help in deciding what to do actually :smile:.  I hope for the best.

EDIT!!!:  for the documentary, if you do not feel like sitting through the whole thing skip over to about 30 mins, this was the key point I was attempting to make.

--------------------
(\__/)
( -'.'-)

Edited by Derrekito (07/15/07 01:06 AM)

Offlinemasterxenn
-~={•X€ñN•}=~-
Male User Gallery

Loc: A to the mutha phucken K
Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: b1tH]
    #7177254 - 07/14/07 11:59 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think it's such a good idea either. However, if the original poster means he's just having a run of bad luck then why not?

If he's saying he's really depressed and looking for a way out, then that spells more misery in my opinion.

It's just not clear exactly what he means by the lowest point in his life (but perhaps I missed something). Still, doesn't sound like a good idea. Wait until your on the up.

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#7177262 - 07/15/07 12:01 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yes. Have and would, probably will again. Why trip at your highest point? Like wise, What do you have to lose at your lowest point?

Offlineb1tH
I Am You

Re: Would you trip at the lowest point in your life? [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #7177286 - 07/15/07 12:10 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DistortedEyes said:
my first trip i was pretty low, i had the most intense feeling of emptiness, loneliness, i really believed the world was completely fucked, total negativity, no words can describe what i felt and saw.

I stared into infinite darkness, the abyss, any concepts of hell that Christians have came up with would be a walk in the park compared to how i felt.
It was fucking insane.
i was about 16.

Then i went outside and it was sunny and i seen how beautiful everything looked, it was sunny and it fucking ruled.

I thought i was cool though to experience that amount of intense darkness, it was beautiful in it's own way.

I definitely understand this. While I'm totally a psychonaut and I love tripping and bright colors and such, I'm a very dark person... I can definitely relate to darkness being beautiful, it's a very intense feeling though and you don't jump into shit like that blindly unless you're used to that kind of thing. I guess when I did it I basically was like, "what does anything matter?" In a way it was like laughing in the face of death, I could have died and been much happier being dead, I knew if I lived that I would come back to that point. In it's own way, it's gratifying, but very dangerous also. I couldn't get myself to reccomend it to you unless I knew your situation better. I try my best to not trip when I'm feeling like shit, but alot of times it's like "Oh shit, acid, I can't wait to do it, I think I'll do it now..." which is not necessarily good...at all. But if you feel you can do it, go for it, you might learn something, but please, know what you're doing...

--------------------
Nothing lasts...

My Music:  www.myspace.com/heretictheory

...But nothing is lost.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom