Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewipikas1
hunting
Male

What happens when the wild ones are contaminated?(p.Cubensis)
    #7164574 - 07/12/07 01:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What happens if I put my dirty hand in and stepped in big fuckin pi9le of green cow dung with a dirty shoe or I brought the dirty pie full of naturally incubating spores in my half-way clean appartment? I know I wouldn't pass the decontamination test here. Do yoiu think they will still grow? I don't fully understand how a pie or a cake can get contaminated. Even when one comes from an animals fudge factory? Ass?

--------------------
Uhh... What seems to be the ocifer, problem?

Mr. Garrison, Wendy and I believe your statment to be sexist.
I'm sorry kids. I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

Mr.Garrison: I just don't understand how.
Unless they just scissor, or something.

Edited by wipikas1 (07/12/07 01:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePolyrhythmanaut
BaphometicServitude
Male

Re: What happens when the wild ones are contaminated?(p.Cubensis) [Re: wipikas1]
    #7165302 - 07/12/07 09:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:confused:

Offlinewipikas1
hunting
Male

Re: What happens when the wild ones are contaminated?(p.Cubensis) [Re: Polyrhythmanaut]
    #7165642 - 07/12/07 11:15 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Awww, stop crying poly. I don't want to jinx anyone for replying spoil there crop so I looked up a list of contaminants using the search:

http://www.shroomery.org/5276/What-are-common-contaminants-of-the-mushroom-culture

I was also wondering how a cake can get contaminated is it as easy as using your bare hands to prepare materials and cake or does contam start while there already growing? How air conditioning ducts are there more contaminants in them than in the wild?

I walked through our pasture today and noticed that psilocybe cubensis gets fruit flies and centipedes more than the copelandia cyanescens growing rite next to each other! In fact I have never seen a bug in the little blue ones untill they start to decay I will send in a pic next time it rains.
Have you ever seen two florida spieces growing on the same pie? can that be done in the lab? I've seen up to five different spieces on one in the wild.

--------------------
Uhh... What seems to be the ocifer, problem?

Mr. Garrison, Wendy and I believe your statment to be sexist.
I'm sorry kids. I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

Mr.Garrison: I just don't understand how.
Unless they just scissor, or something.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: What happens when the wild ones are contaminated?(p.Cubensis) [Re: wipikas1]
    #7165702 - 07/12/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well after you pressure cook the jars with whatever method you are doing as long as you prepared them properly contaminations should not be an issue. Afterwards once you take them out and either case them or just put them in the fruiting chamber ala pf tek it's possible they can get contaminated, but generally they are pretty safe at this point. I normally don't even sterilize my casing mix and I have no problems. I do always wipe all containers down with some rubbing alcohol though and spray plenty of lysol in the air.

Offlinewipikas1
hunting
Male

Re: What happens when the wild ones are contaminated?(p.Cubensis) [Re: krypto2000]
    #7165761 - 07/12/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Spray some Lysol in the intake vents man, Lol. I guess I will search for instructions even though I don't think this place is new enough to be contam free. My place isn't even big enough to set up I don't think. How much room did you need to set up. anyone? I'll buy a kit if I get a new place. I already have spore prints.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#7166467 - 07/12/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Do some reading, you hardly need any space at all depending on how many you want to grow. A closet will work fine, my house is quite old, at least 40+ years, and I generally have no contamination problems.

edit: I didn't mean to spray lysol in the intake vents, I just meant in w/e area you're working in.

Edited by krypto2000 (07/12/07 02:34 PM)

OfflinePolyrhythmanaut
BaphometicServitude
Male

#7170781 - 07/13/07 11:37 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wipikas1 said:
Awww, stop crying poly. I don't want to jinx anyone for replying spoil there crop so I looked up a list of contaminants using the search:

http://www.shroomery.org/5276/What-are-common-contaminants-of-the-mushroom-culture

I was also wondering how a cake can get contaminated is it as easy as using your bare hands to prepare materials and cake or does contam start while there already growing? How air conditioning ducts are there more contaminants in them than in the wild?

I walked through our pasture today and noticed that psilocybe cubensis gets fruit flies and centipedes more than the copelandia cyanescens growing rite next to each other! In fact I have never seen a bug in the little blue ones untill they start to decay I will send in a pic next time it rains.
Have you ever seen two florida spieces growing on the same pie? can that be done in the lab? I've seen up to five different spieces on one in the wild.

i once brought home some healthy looking specimens only to find a maggot fest inside. Very Sad, but who can blame those little bastards.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck