Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMark_W
Stranger
Loc: NC
Why do good trips happen to "bad" people?
    #7149369 - 07/09/07 12:46 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you ever wonder how certain people ever have good trips? You think to yourself, "How could this person have a good time while tripping without realizing certain things about their lifestyle or personality that would cause them to feel uneasy". Like when you hear about the conservative republican guy who also likes lsd (I know they're rare, but they exist. HOW?!)
I guess we're all in the same boat in this respect, but it's always funny to think about all the bullshit that even some heavy psychedelic users will continue to cling onto in spite of their spiritual journeys with consciousness expansion, one-ness with the universe, etc. Makes me wonder what bullshit I'm clinging onto.

--------------------
Let the State Disintegrate
-Leary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do good trips happen to "bad" people? [Re: Mark_W]
    #7149388 - 07/09/07 12:52 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

ignorance is bliss?

i somewhat feel the same, had that feeling with my ex roommate

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Why do good trips happen to "bad" people? [Re: mikeytro]
    #7149548 - 07/09/07 01:26 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

all moral systems have flaws, all poeple have flaws.
people justify their exsistance in a beautiful assortment of ways.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
    #7149894 - 07/09/07 03:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, maybe some people will think the same thing of your, or even me.

I think about this a lot also. Many of the people i know who have taken acid I think (hmm, how is this fool going to take it).

I've come to the understanding that a trip is different for everyone, it is whatever they want it to be. Some people take it dislike it and dislike it because it scares them. Some(who may in fact be a fool, an imbecile, an asshole, shallow, closeminded person, or a republican) can take this trip and interpret it they want. And to them it can be fun, it could be different, or simply entertaining to their aroused eyeballs.

I don't know if that helps explain it i'm stoned.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Why do good trips happen to "bad" people? [Re: Phishe]
    #7149912 - 07/09/07 03:57 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

because they accept themselves so fully and cant see anything wrong with the way they act so it is not anywhere in their mind that they might be doing the wrong thing. thats my guess.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #7149942 - 07/09/07 04:37 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

At heart I think there's a misconception that psychedelics automatically make you a better person. I don't think they do!

Used correctly psychedelics are very useful tools for self exploration, incorrectly they can become toys for self gratification.

"Good" and "Bad are subjective anyway, "bad" people rarely think of themselves as such, they have deeply rooted justifications for their actions.

Take racism for example, if someone grows up in a culture with racist attitudes as a matter of course it would never occur to them that such bigotry is wrong.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineMark_W
Stranger
Loc: NC
Re: Why do good trips happen to "bad" people? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #7149994 - 07/09/07 05:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

good points everyone, thanks.
psychedelics are quite mysterious in that I believe they can make you a better person directly, through direct revelations without you facilitating the process (other than taking the substance). Of course this seems like it can backfire and you can become more of an asshole or depressed or whatever. Also, as you said they can work indirectly as a tool or catalyst with you being the one who's doing the real work. (I believe this is how they work the majority of the time)

So even for someone who uses them for purely hedonistic purposes, psychedelics can help break them out of this destructive pattern without them consciously trying, but it also seems the psychedelics could make the self-gratification even stronger. I don't know, its all sort of a gamble, but I think overall the odds are in favor of becoming a better person. I don't think it's exactly 50/50 or dependent solely on your personality.

--------------------
Let the State Disintegrate
-Leary

Edited by Mark_W (07/09/07 07:45 AM)

Offlinemicrosporum
:(
Female

#7150187 - 07/09/07 07:23 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

There is no subjective good or moral code.
If one believes they are correct, they are correct.

InvisibleFixer
Unconventional
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast, USA
    #7150357 - 07/09/07 08:38 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Your question is valid. I would say based on my personal experience is that psychedelics create an awareness for someone who wishes to look. Even for someone who does notice, bringing about change takes a tremendous amount of consistent effort. There were certain character traits about myself that I was so disgusted with after examining myself on LSD that I was able to change them a little faster, but it's always a process. It's a great privilege to be given the opportunity to see the things that help us become better people. Not everyone is so fortunate to see it. :smile:

OfflineRasulaz
Stranger
Re: Why do good trips happen to "bad" people? [Re: Fixer]
    #7150767 - 07/09/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Because if they thought about/worried about how their actions effect other people then they wouldn't be "bad" people. And they would have already changed their ways.

They either truly don't care about anyone else, or are too shortsighted to see their faults, wether they are tripping or not those 2 things won't change.

Now a "good" person who does bad things knows when he has done bad things and usually pushes that guilt to the side to get on with their life, and when they trip that guilt resurfaces.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale