Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest USA
Can someone explain to me the difference?
    #7145779 - 07/08/07 10:05 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Can someone explain the difference to me of air circulation and air exchange. I have read a lot of stuff and I am now confused. I have a tropic aire reptile humidifier. On the box it says that it does air exchange. From what I gather from reading just having a sealed box with it piped in isn't enough. It sounds like I need vent holes with computer fans (which is unnecessary, but what I would end up doing.) and tyvek.

SO what is the difference between the two? What is necessary? I know that different species have different requirements for "fresh air".

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

My favorite NSFW shirt company I buy a ton of shirts from.
http://tiny.cc/myfavshirtsite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: Can someone explain to me the difference? [Re: matits]
    #7145864 - 07/08/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Try reading the IMPORTANT-USEFUL LINKS faq-- it's answered specifically, and obviously, there. You know-- right at the top of this page?

Make an effort, man.

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can someone explain to me the difference? [Re: coAsTal]
    #7145997 - 07/08/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

air circulation is the movement of air, recirculation uses the same air. Air exchange is when you replace the "stagnant", CO2 laden, air of your fruiting chamber and replace it with new fresh air. Simple process really, you don't even need a tropicaire, just a good fanning a few times a day.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Can someone explain to me the difference? [Re: coda]
    #7146024 - 07/08/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks coda. I don't get it. I said that I have read lots of things and I was still confused, and yet some tool still has to flame. I read the thing on air exchange but since I am new to all of this. It is hard for me to take in everything everyone says with all this new vocab. I am looking for regular man terms. Not stuff you all are accustomed to since you have been doing this for a while.

So thanks again Coda. I appreciate you clarifying it for me.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

Edited by matits (07/08/07 11:14 AM)

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7146037 - 07/08/07 11:17 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Now with that said. I am going to try and grow warm button torks. They are supposed to be CO2 whores. So with that said. Should I use more "recirculation" then "air-exchanges"? Should I eliminate "air-exchanges" altogether or just keep them minimal.

Thanks.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #7146039 - 07/08/07 11:17 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Matits it helped me a lot when I first started to take down notes, basically I wrote pretty much like an instruction manual. Then make a seperate list for all the suppies needed on a sheet next to it, so you can be sure you have everything you will need.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Can someone explain to me the difference? [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #7146055 - 07/08/07 11:24 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
Matits it helped me a lot when I first started to take down notes, basically I wrote pretty much like an instruction manual. Then make a seperate list for all the suppies needed on a sheet next to it, so you can be sure you have everything you will need.

Thanks for the advice I think I will get a notebook.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #7146117 - 07/08/07 11:43 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

You can still hand fan and mist as usual torks don't need higher CO2 levels they are just more tolerant to them, lack of FAE's increases contam problems noticeably. Button mushrooms are some of the easiest to grow so use the KISS approach. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix