Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineexsane
Stranger
Loc: California
Mysticism
    #714509 - 06/30/02 09:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

After reading the post about Jane Goodall's mystical experience I'm curious to hear other people's understanding of what the mystical experience is. Oneness? Well-wishing nonsense? The crutch of lesser minds? Being as a child? Peace?

I have my own experiences with altered states of mind through contemplation. I think the most important piece of information I realized was that reality is each person experiences is infinitely possible. In any given situation I can take infinite stances as to where I will place objects in my minds model of reality. My goal is to stop differentiating between all things. Forget the difference between intelligent people and foolish people, or rather, realize that my understanding of any particular subject, such as good,evil, intelliegence, self, God, life, death, can be understood in immensely different ways then in the way that is handed to us. We are seated in the chariot of infinity in every now. Who will take the reins of life.

So I agree with the person who said "Reality is the best mystical experience." And that's saying a lot.

there is no need to claim to be God, or not God. No need to claim to be intelligent or not intelligent. No need to claim to be human, male, female, or not any of those. What we truly are will always be. We don't need to label water as water to drink from it. We are all spellbound by spelling. Enchanted by the chanting. Amazed in the endless corridor or intellectual and emotional meaning behind every phrase. We are free to create our lives as poetry. As a machine. As a drama. You don't need to suck the poetry out of life to be objective.

Just my unorganized 2 cents. But I would like to hear your views on it. If you get hung up on the word mysticism I'm sure we can exchange it for a prettier or more intellectually robust word. looking past words to the silent hum of the universe. The OM, the Word. The Ineffable. Reality. reality.

What is the meaning of a Bach Fugue? Listen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Mysticism [Re: exsane]
    #714981 - 07/01/02 04:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"Mysticism is the art of union with Reality. The mystic is a person who has attained that union in greater or lesser degree; or who aims at and believes in such attainment." -Evelyn Underhill in 'Practical Mysticism' (1915)

Underhill's books on mysticism are perhaps the best written in the 20th century.
Her major work is simply entitled 'Mysticism.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder