Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

Possible solution to contamination problems-so much for a HEPA filter
    #7144175 - 07/07/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I did a bunch of research this past week...bear with me..

I used to use a HEPA air filter with Ion generater(sp?) in my 'clean room' which was the top shelf of a Walmart wardrobe. worked pretty good but when I went to find a new HEPA filter the damn thing was like $20. Not a lot I know but I think I found something better.

I heard somewhere that UltaViolet radiation would kill shit that even a HEPA wouldn't touch. So, 3 hours and quite a few beers later this is what I found. UV-C radiation is used in hospitals and in some new home air purification systems to kill stuff that even HEPA can't filter out. Most of the systems are VERY expensive mainly because you can't be exposed to this stuff either but I found one that is affordable and can be used in my box. This stuff kils everything! It doesn't just filter it out!

You do your own research but this is a link http://shopproducts.howstuffworks.com/Surround-Air-XJ-1100-Air-Purifier/SF-1/PID-40494195

Somebody tell me why this isn't the cheapest super clean way to go!

--------------------
Reality is just a way of looking at things that you were taught before you were old enough to know any better! -me

For me the world is weird because it is stupendous,awesome,mysterious,unfathomable;my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world,in this marvelous desert,in this marvelous time. I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while;in fact,too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.
-Don Juan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: Possible solution to contamination problems-so much for a HEPA filter [Re: shroom1957]
    #7144263 - 07/07/07 11:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

Re: Possible solution to contamination problems-so much for a HEPA filter [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #7144274 - 07/07/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah but,

That's an exposed fixture and you don't want that. My thing is a lot cheaper.

--------------------
Reality is just a way of looking at things that you were taught before you were old enough to know any better! -me

For me the world is weird because it is stupendous,awesome,mysterious,unfathomable;my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world,in this marvelous desert,in this marvelous time. I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while;in fact,too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.
-Don Juan

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible solution to contamination problems-so much for a HEPA filter [Re: shroom1957]
    #7144302 - 07/07/07 11:25 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

From the description that appears to use an ionic filter. It doesn't mention UV at all.

--------------------

Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

Re: Possible solution to contamination problems-so much for a HEPA filter [Re: simplemachine]
    #7145785 - 07/08/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry, Try this link
http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=996153&ref=FRG1

That other was just the chapest, not much info.

--------------------

-Don Juan

Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

#7157944 - 07/10/07 08:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

So, not much interest huh?

I bought the UV-C air filter today to put in my 'clean area'...I'll keep you posted...as if anyone cares.

--------------------

-Don Juan

Offlineoverdose911
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7158002 - 07/10/07 08:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have problems with your hepa filter? I have been using something like you have. I've just got my first two jars 90% colonized. After I learned how dirty the air really is.

Offlinedirtracer24
intrigued
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate ny
Re: Possible solution to contamination problems-so much for a HEPA filter [Re: overdose911]
    #7158090 - 07/10/07 08:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

id like to hear how this works for you

--------------------
why do we park in driveways?and drive in parkways?

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #7158236 - 07/10/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think this has been gone over before. Check it out in advanced or maybe even in here.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #7158240 - 07/10/07 09:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

Re: Possible solution to contamination problems-so much for a HEPA filter [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #7160289 - 07/11/07 11:06 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for that link....seems I'm on th right track.

It's not that I'm having trouble with my HEPA, it's just that the filter is worn out and costs like $20 + shipping wheras this entire gizmo is around $45.

And it does shield the UV bulb from the user.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT EXPOSE EYE'S OR SKIN TO DIRECT UV-C RADIATION!

--------------------

-Don Juan

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
    #7160312 - 07/11/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

All you have to do is build a flowhood and have your uvc bulb in it and have the switch on the outside. i dont see how you will be exposed to it unless you put the switch on the inside like a moron

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder