Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws.
    #7137070 - 07/06/07 11:57 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Because whether we like it or not, celebrities affect public opinion just as strongly as negative media attention does. I'm not talking about your Jack Blacks, I'm talking about your Brad Pitts and your Oprahs and your what not.  How can we achieve this elusive goal, eh? :strokebeard:  Anybody know anyone that knows anyone? :smirk:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7137085 - 07/06/07 12:03 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

there are plenty of celebrities doing so, tommy chong, willie nelson, woody harelson, etc. what we need is a rich person to buy off politicians, the republicans are doing it so why not?

oprah would never support legalization...maybe doctor phil, but only for medicinal purposes.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (07/06/07 12:05 PM)

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: highdroponics]
    #7137089 - 07/06/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

are u saying democrats arent?.....LOL

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7137090 - 07/06/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

drugs is a pretty taboo subject I think. Even if you talked positively about them and backed it up with facts, you'll still be viewed in a negative way because "you're a drug user" type of shit.

todays society can't just do a 180 and say "oh wait, drugs are okay" it'll never happen :frown:

but I do agree it would a step forward (and very cool) for celebrities that use drugs recreationally, medicinally, therapeutically, etc. to step forward and declare it.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Leanin]
    #7137094 - 07/06/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

most of the democrats are considerably poor, republicans are the ones with the money....i live in a neighborhood full of em. im the only house in the neighborhood not republican....though i am voting republican for 08, ron paul, unless steve kubby makes it as the libertarian nomination.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (07/06/07 12:08 PM)

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #7137096 - 07/06/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

now that you've made this post the word will likely get out.:yesnod:

there has to be a few "celebrity" shroomerites.

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: highdroponics]
    #7137101 - 07/06/07 12:09 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
most of the democrats are considerably poor, republicans are the ones with the money....i live in a neighborhood full of em. im the only house in the neighborhood not republican....though i am voting republican for 08, ron paul, unless steve kubby makes it as the libertarian nomination.

LOL

Male

#7137110 - 07/06/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
tommy chong, willie nelson, woody harelson, etc.

I file all of those people under "the Jack Blacks." I.E. people that every knows smoke pot because it's part of their schtick.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: adamj]
    #7137113 - 07/06/07 12:12 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I know it sounds retarded, but I kind of enjoy drug laws the way they are (I understand that they are bullshit in their entirety). The reason is because by using drugs and having a positive mindset about them, it sets you apart from the normal member of society. You are involuntarily given a membership to a counterculture that exists in anti-drug countries. Others that are also members of this counterculture have something immediately in common with each other - they see the rules and knowingly choose to disobey them because their conscience tells them that the rules are wrong. This is why I think it's so fun to smoke weed with random people, it's like you have some similar values that go unsaid. When you get high with a stranger and have a conversation there is little that is uncomfortable to talk about because just by the very act of smoking marijuana you are instilling trust in one another. :bongload:

Male

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #7137120 - 07/06/07 12:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MoeRon said:
I know it sounds retarded, but I kind of enjoy drug laws the way they are (I understand that they are bullshit in their entirety).

Are you a member of the white middle-class? Because unfair drug laws are also unfairly applied and statistics show that even though whites are as likely if not more likely to both use and sell drugs as blacks and Hispanics are, blacks and Hispanics make up a much larger portion of the non-violent drug offender prison population.

I mean, yeah, drug laws don't bother me because I live in one of the most liberal cities in the country and I can smoke on the street as long as I'm not dumb about it. I still want to see them changed for the people not as lucky as I.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

#7137129 - 07/06/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you really think relaxing drug laws is going to fix discrimination against minorities? I know that's not what you were directly implying, but if it's not drug laws is just going to be some other bullshit thats holding them down imho :shrug:

Male

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #7137133 - 07/06/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry but I just can't espouse the attitude of "things will always be shitty, so why fix this problem when something else will pop up?"

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

#7137143 - 07/06/07 12:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't blame anyone for not accepting it, but history speaks loudly in that someone is always going to get the short end of the stick.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7137187 - 07/06/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I totally agree.

I mean I think of celebrities essentially a cultural politicians;Celebrities can create resonance in certain areas of society that politicians would have a harder time affecting.

Celebrities effects on the media concerning drug laws could be earth shattering depending on the context and how it is done.

We do need Oprahs, Billy Gates, Brad Pitts, ect...Having Willie Nelson talk about pot probably wouldn't help anything. He'd probably get arrested again.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
    #7137216 - 07/06/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

your logic sucks.

you're basically saying it's ok for other people to be discriminated against for whatever reason.. as long as it's not you.

right?

yos-

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Yoschie99]
    #7137238 - 07/06/07 12:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

im with moeron.

im tired of people blaming drug laws for racial discrimination, its not the laws.

whites are not the only ones that discriminate, remember that.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7137246 - 07/06/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Drug laws do not cause discrimination, but they certainly are a vehicle of racial profiling. If drug laws were changed or abolished, that is one way in which discrimination would not happen.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: Yoschie99]
    #7137251 - 07/06/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Nothing is going to change the drug laws in this country except for a outright revolt. There's multi-billion dollar industries, thousands of jobs, and a complete system of control and oppression in this country completely founded and dependent on the drug laws we have in this country. The drug war isn't about helping people or combating a evil within society, it's about money and control and that's it. What are a couple of celebrities going to do anyway? I know in our sick society no one gives a damn about legitimate problems until some big name ego does a commercial about it, but how is someone like Oprah going to change an entire oppressive system? Especially for such a taboo subject that the plugged in brain-less masses have been told for forty years is evil and a society killer? Also, any significant amount of support for an end to the war on drugs from celebrities would probably amount in the destruction of their careers.

I don't know... I'm a hardcore pessimist on the United States and common sense. Especially in the last seven years.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Male

#7137253 - 07/06/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Leanin said:
im with moeron.

im tired of people blaming drug laws for racial discrimination, its not the laws.

whites are not the only ones that discriminate, remember that.

Please show me where I blamed drug laws for racial discrimination. You won't, because I didn't. I merely pointed out that within the context of drug policy and drug laws, those particular laws are applied unfairly to minorities.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: We need celebrities to speak out in favor of fairer drug laws. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #7137256 - 07/06/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Pessimism. Feh.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom