Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeloramgir
Stranger

poop soup
    #7136458 - 07/06/07 08:57 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hello

1st post.

I went on a poop expedition yesterday and found a stable that throws it into a dumpster daily. I am not totally sure about it. Some nuggets but it basically fell apart when I transferred it from dumpster to tub. Still smelled strong and wet.

It has a few wood shavings. I read here about the fungicide in shavings. If they were cedar would they be a darker color or not necessarily? These are very light. Like pine?

I made a poop soup and let it sit 24 hours, skimmed the stuff floating on top. Drained rest over a window screen and now on a tarp where it will sit for a few weeks. Every day it is sunny, hot, rain, sunny, hot again. Sounds good?

Can I screen this when it is dry to remove the wood shavings and other stuff that may fall in to it during the aging? I was going to use hardware cloth (1/4" holes.) Will that size get out enough bad or too much good stuff? My dad has this contraption he made for just that. Screening composted poo for the garden. But he is 1200 miles away.

Or should I scrap this poo and throw it on the flowers and look for fresh apples untainted by stable stuff instead. I have two stables within 15 minute bike ride and was going to start taking walks with a bucket in the morning in the park where they ride.

I love poop I think. Playing with it this morning made me feel better. I guess I miss my 100ft x 100ft vegetable garden in the country. Nothing like canning 100 jars of tomatoes from your own garden. Oh Well it's the city life for me now.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: poop soup [Re: eloramgir]
    #7136555 - 07/06/07 09:19 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'd highly recommend going to find some aged and weathered poo. In the end it will probably be less work then trying to remove all the wood chips from what you have. The other advantage to aged and weathered poo is that it will be full of other micro-organisms that will provide an ideal food source for your mushrooms.

Offlineeloramgir
Stranger

Re: poop soup [Re: musher_420]
    #7136650 - 07/06/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks.

I live in the city. Without a car. Thankfully it is an easy city to not have a car in. The stables I can bike to have there shite taken away every few days. The only other one in town I know of is for the police horses. Uhm yeah, no thanks. I have to deal with fresh and age/process on my own.

I don't mind the work. Having a 10,000 sq ft garden is work. Playing with poop is just what I need to distract me from living with the daily stresses of living where I live. :wink:

I was really just wondering about the viability of screening the stuff cleared from the stables versus me picking up a bucket full a few mornings a week. I have time before I need it. I am in no rush.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies