Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePulsating
Björk's Disciple
 User Gallery

Loc: Space & Time
Is The Military A Dangerous Cult?
    #7134607 - 07/05/07 08:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Having spent 6+ years Active Duty Army (1998-2004), studied numerous DoD, DA (Department of the Army) and general Military Regulations, it appears that the military is actually a "cult" in the common usage of the word. And a much more dangerous cult than people generally give it credit for.

Why doesn't this *fact* receive more attention while relatively harmless groups of people are criminalized, attacked and caged...like that one peaceful group of people who utilize plants to communicate with the Earth and themselves?

I know of people who are/were “encouraged” to join the military cult by family and/or hard-sell recruiters and you likely know someone like that as well.

If my recruiter had shown me the following document I would have read it, left and never went back. 100% of the soldiers I asked had never heard of or were shown this document. I am guessing that same statistic holds today.

In "United States Code 10, Section 654" it states:

"(8) Military life is fundamentally different from civilian life
in that -

(A) the extraordinary responsibilities of the armed forces, the unique conditions of military service, and the critical role of unit cohesion, require that the military community, while subject to civilian control, exist as a specialized society; and

(B) the military society is characterized by its own laws, rules, customs, and traditions, including numerous restrictions on personal behavior, that would not be acceptable in civilian society.

(9) The standards of conduct for members of the armed forces regulate a member's life for 24 hours each day beginning at the moment the member enters military status and not ending until that person is discharged or otherwise separated from the armed forces.

(10) Those standards of conduct...apply to a member of the armed forces at all times that the member has a military status, whether the member is on base or off base, and whether the member is on duty or off duty.

Isolation: New soldiers (over 90%) are most often sent to training and permanent stations quite far away from home and are only permitted a few phone calls during "basic training" of usually less than 10 minutes (calling card, operator and ring time is counted against your time limit). On permanent duty, one must *ask* permission to go over 200 miles from base.

Fatigue: a schedule is maintained that ensures physical and mental fatigue. This means long hours, few breaks, and very little time for relaxing or reflection. The Army has dictated to its members that a person only needs 4 hours of sleep per night to be “functional”. “Elite units” very often get less than this.

Tension: techniques are used to increase tension in the group. That you are a sinner, or depressed, or generally unhappy. In the military, especially during “Basic Training”, one is referred to as a “dirty civilian” and much worse. Effort is to overwhelm the person with another identity that doesn't think but only acts. There is regularly group punishment for individual acts.

Humorlessness: there’s no humor involved until the process is complete. The humor then serves as a way to celebrate and seal the deal. Try laughing around a Drill Sergeant or Drill Instructor during Basic Training!

A couple of other techniques can be used in addition to help the effects become more pronounced. These steps are called the “decognition process” as they help slow down and eventually stop thinking altogether.

Alertness Reduction: one part of this is to force participants to keep a poor diet: either lots of sugar, or very bland foods. Sugar throws your nervous system off. A very bland diet (usually fruits and vegetables and no dairy or meat) will make you more spacey. (We were ordered to drink, backed with multiple threats of punishment, something called “Victory Punch” at Basic Training [at least 1 glass with every meal] as our Drill Instructors watched and enforced.)

Another part is inadequate sleep after long hours of intense discomfort or strenuous physical activity.

Marching to a beat, usually at around 1 or 1.5 steps per second, is particularly useful. Both the military and Hitler used this to great effect. The beat puts you in a slightly altered state of awareness that is close to hypnosis and makes you more susceptible to suggestions.

Add to all of that the enforced vaccinations with partially tested and dangerous chemicals (anthrax, small pox, etc.), unquestioning obedience to "authority", the possible "requirement" to murder another person, the possibility of being murdered, and the fact that one's every action is potentially under the control of another person/group of people; from hair length to where you and your family can live to having to ask permission to drive over 200 miles away from duty station.

Keep in mind that the 2 primary goals of military organizations are to kill people and break things.

To do that it must turn young men and women into unthinking, unquestioning robots that will *murder* other human beings simply because they were told to.

“The US Military is Luring and Brainwashing American Children”

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7486.htm

--------------------
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ― Plato

"I communicate, therefore I am" - I

"Nature is ancient, but surprises us all." - Björk

Edited by Pulsating (07/05/07 09:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Is The Military A Dangerous Cult? [Re: Pulsating]
    #7135387 - 07/05/07 11:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

But...but.. we need our stuff!

In order for our society to thrive we need perpetual expansion in a finite world ( Yes, I realize that is inherantly insane but we'll worry about that later) and a sub-class of citizens to make that happen and do our dirty work for us. Oh sure we have holidays for them and honor them with our mouths but then you have the Walter Reeds, the lack of body armor, etc.

Actions speak louder than words.
Whose actions are driving the action?

Follow the blood money to Vice President Dick Cheney's office.

A wall of secrecy and a million tons of Lysol cannot cover the nauseating stench emanating from his "undisclosed" lair.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (07/05/07 11:40 PM)

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #7135421 - 07/05/07 11:33 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Well, In some countries like Israel, or Switzerland and a few other countries, military service is mandatory, I dont doubt their is a little bit of brainwashing going on, but their isnt some outright vast conspiracy, brainwashing consists of training people to prepare for the brutality of war, some people cant handle it and they leave, some people refuse to talk about it, and some people like it, Id say the vast majority are simply fulfilling a job they are assigned to do.

InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
    #7139971 - 07/06/07 11:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah because when your in combat you don't think before you do anything you do.. You just walk in front of bullets....Good job.. way to spread the crap yet again. I even unignored you, and wouldn't even have posted here if someone hadn't suggested for me to.

You didn't say anything in the other thread factual wise, besides trying to flame me, and here you go yet again.

So you went through the military, went through basic training, got out.. Right?... Okay then you went to your unit, trained, did what you had to do... I'm still on point here, correct? Okay, you deployed to Iraq, you came back.

Okay stop... Wait a second.....

How does it feel to be brain washed? Why are you posting this, your so brain washed in this, military cult, you shouldn't be saying these things!..

No, you know its alright, no one needs to argue with you.

You cant understand the concept of someone not supporting the invasion of a country, but also not comforming to your ideas. You cant understand that i don't support the slaughter of innocent people, and can't even fathom, that i don't support sectarian violence, even though i don't support the invasion. Or that i don't support the invasion, i still will kill someone who trys to kill me?

You cant comprehend the fact, that i think you have no idea what you are talking about, because you have YET to post anything relevant. I don't even need to flame you. You know what i think about you, i don't need to say it. I hate the military, believe me, but i don't like you either. But at least i come back with some thing relevant to the topic to say when someone doesn't agree with me and actually adds something to the conversation.

Try and flame me again... Or better yet, this time, instead of doing that, how about you actually say something to benefit this forum, instead of trying to flame me.

Like i said i don't need to show anyone around here that I'm honest, or anything even close to it. Because most of them already know.

I'm just waiting for that flame post....... again! Because your not going to say anything, as you have already proven that. Good job +5.

Edited by LordSenate (07/07/07 09:10 AM)

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is The Military A Dangerous Cult? [Re: LordSenate]
    #7141052 - 07/07/07 04:39 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

military service is mandatory in my country but there's no brainwashing going on. in other countries it could be a cult in some ways but every country has different traditions and history so i don't think there's a global cult. more likely just in the U.S.

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#7142135 - 07/07/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for posting this. I feel safer now. The commies and fanatic towel heads don't stand a chance against us.

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/units/addiction/drugs/mouse.cfm

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder