Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
Acid effects
    #7128761 - 07/04/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

How does the acid effects on the mind change by increasing dosage?

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Acid effects [Re: Individual]
    #7129041 - 07/04/07 03:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Came across this post on another msg board, not my chart.
------------
It really does depend.

200lb male - 8 years experience - 20 years old [edit: real acid first at 14, low dose]

LSD *estimates only* -- *Set/Setting dependant*

~50ug- mild energy shift, coming on almost unnoticably at 1.5 hours. Tracers become apparent at 3+ hours, last for another 3-4. Slow come on.

~100ug- more tracers, little bit of swelling, total effect last 6-7 hours, with afterglow even, some mind morphing, no fractals, effects start at 1 hour. CEV's.

~200-300ug- effects start in 45 min - 1hr, swelling and morphing of objects, definate clear defined peak, maybe some fractal/unexplainable visuals, shimmering, total effects ~8-10 hours, visuals waring off last. Nice CEV's, [edit: and depending on circumstances some of the traits from below as well.]

~500-800ug+ - Effects are coming on within the first half hour, very noticable tryptamine shakes/body rush, some confusion at onset, plastered stupid grin, bodily sensation, total trip out, colors, massive swelling, fractal patterns over EVERYthing, impossible to see in the dark, actual hallucinations about what is seen (ie: poles poking up from the water, swirling around), some near freakouts, beautiful CEV's, bodily/time/self distortions, music appreciation, ideas of self coming and going, insight into one's situations, strong emotions (happy, sad, scared, relieved, unsure, ecstatic), strange ideas and behavior/persecptions. Insane novel ideas. Etc etc etc. Total effects lasting for at least 12-15 hours, light visual tint for about a days worth of time. Some tiredness next day.

~1mg- All of above with longer duration, more intense peak, insanely fast come up (20-30min.?), and exaustion. Eyes feel all jacked up, and maybe a little sleepy the next day. Definately more thoughtful for weeks or for ever, could be either good or bad.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Acid effects [Re: kaniz]
    #7129062 - 07/04/07 03:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Now, my 2 cents

- at low dosages. You feel mild stimulation, thought patterns race, you start to think in iterations and '10 steps ahead'.

Sample train of thought:

One night was tripping with my partner, we were trying to find the 'perfect music' to listen to, and decided

'We want something more spacey', which then lead us to 'but then we'll probably want something with more bass', which then lead to 'then we'll want ....' -- our head sort of kept jumping ahead and itterating over every possible thing we /may/ want to listen to.

As the dosage increases - this tends to also increase, and in even more directions. Its like your thoughts become increasingly more fractal-like and your mind races down each and every possible branch in the tree to see where it goes.

Then, as the dose goes up - confusion starts to set in, your emotions begin to increase, your mind races even faster

Then, as the dose goes up, and as you peak - its like thought ceases to exist, there 'just is' - overwhelmed (in a good way) by pure psychedelia-bliss. Its hard to describe, its more of a 'state' than an effect on how you think.

Then, as that peak passes - its like your concepts of reality have been shattered, LSD puts on a pretty-visual show to help calm the mind as you pull everything back together.

Also, with LSD - everything seems to be drenched in meaning, deeper purpose, etc - at low dosages, you may just start to notice patterns / odd coincidences / etc. As the dose increases, it can almost get to the point where you cant even blink your eyes without it seemingly sparking some sort of amazing cosmic revelation

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#7129147 - 07/04/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

distinctions between moments become lessened with increasing dosage.
sensory and memory signals overlap accros timeframes.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Acid effects [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7129178 - 07/04/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i always felt that double the dose was four times the trip

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

#7129179 - 07/04/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Loss of bearings. Anyone ever had it to where no matter what you say, your being a blunt asshole? like everything is an insult. Ive had serious miss-conceptions of situations such as talking on the phone to friends and thinking people on the other end are conspiring against me.

Offlineserendipitythenot
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Acid effects [Re: Ogla]
    #7129344 - 07/04/07 04:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
Loss of bearings. Anyone ever had it to where no matter what you say, your being a blunt asshole? like everything is an insult. Ive had serious miss-conceptions of situations such as talking on the phone to friends and thinking people on the other end are conspiring against me.

yes, I've had this! the last time i took acid, i was with a group of 5 people. it seemed like, the whole night, there was this 'unspoken tension', like everyone was mad at me and i couldnt trust any of these people who (4/5 of them) had been my close friends since elementary school.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7129361 - 07/04/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
Now, my 2 cents

- at low dosages. You feel mild stimulation, thought patterns race, you start to think in iterations and '10 steps ahead'.

Sample train of thought:

One night was tripping with my partner, we were trying to find the 'perfect music' to listen to, and decided

'We want something more spacey', which then lead us to 'but then we'll probably want something with more bass', which then lead to 'then we'll want ....' -- our head sort of kept jumping ahead and itterating over every possible thing we /may/ want to listen to.

As the dosage increases - this tends to also increase, and in even more directions. Its like your thoughts become increasingly more fractal-like and your mind races down each and every possible branch in the tree to see where it goes.

Then, as the dose goes up - confusion starts to set in, your emotions begin to increase, your mind races even faster

Then, as the dose goes up, and as you peak - its like thought ceases to exist, there 'just is' - overwhelmed (in a good way) by pure psychedelia-bliss. Its hard to describe, its more of a 'state' than an effect on how you think.

Then, as that peak passes - its like your concepts of reality have been shattered, LSD puts on a pretty-visual show to help calm the mind as you pull everything back together.

Also, with LSD - everything seems to be drenched in meaning, deeper purpose, etc - at low dosages, you may just start to notice patterns / odd coincidences / etc. As the dose increases, it can almost get to the point where you cant even blink your eyes without it seemingly sparking some sort of amazing cosmic revelation

Well that is one of the best descriptions of how lsd works for alot of people.

I really liked this part----------------->
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"at low dosages. You feel mild stimulation, thought patterns race, you start to think in iterations and '10 steps ahead'.

Sample train of thought:

As the dosage increases - this tends to also increase, and in even more directions. Its like your thoughts become increasingly more fractal-like and your mind races down each and every possible branch in the tree to see where it goes."
-------------------------------------------------------------

This desire for organization, finding the golden mean, constantly weighing mental objects in an intricate and multi layered way is one thing that for me, seperates lsd from the rest.
Other psychedelics have this in common, but they seem less complex. That is likely only because I can see the layers of mental machinery so well when on lsd.
----------------------------------------------------------

I find that you pretty much get what you expect as you up the dose by 50's and 100's untill you hit the 400 ug mark.
400 ugs sometimes can seem like ALOT less than 500. Similarly you could compare 200 to 300 in the same way, but this spike in unexpected intensity is not as great.

Then an opposite sort of effect happens at around the 800ug mark.
Believe it or not, 800-900 ugs really are very similare to each other, and are even very similare to 1200(which is the highest dose I have ever and will ever take).

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (07/04/07 05:06 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7129366 - 07/04/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
distinctions between moments become lessened with increasing dosage.
sensory and memory signals overlap accros timeframes.

^^^^^Also a very cool way to explain dosage.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Acid effects [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #7132612 - 07/05/07 01:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niki420 said:
Quote:

losfreddy said:

yes, I've had this! the last time i took acid, i was with a group of 5 people. it seemed like, the whole night, there was this 'unspoken tension', like everyone was mad at me and i couldnt trust any of these people who (4/5 of them) had been my close friends since elementary school.

Yes, definitely know what thats about. An unspoken tension. Like everyone is acting fake. Think thats what termed the phrase 'it's all in the mind'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order