Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineslowcheetah
Stranger
Day after a first-time trip
    #7117138 - 07/01/07 11:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yesterday I had my first trip on shrooms. It was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life, and I have no regrets. However, since I came off the shrooms I have been unbelievably depressed. I know that there is some chemical alteration in the brain that I'm feeling, but I think it goes deeper than that. I "miss" my trip so much I cried when I stopped hallucinating. My emotions are heightened and I am very fragile and tired. I have a sense that something about me has changed now that I have had this experience. I am glad I tripped and I am liking the new "enlightened/calm" me, but I am seriously freaked out because I feel like doing shrooms may have altered my personality. I feel older and wiser, and at the same time I feel like a fragile child. My emotions are either non-existant or very heightened. Today at work I got very depressed and didn't want to talk about anything with my co-workers to the point that they were offended. I want some input on other people's post-trips, particularly first-timers like myself. Do you think doing shrooms changed who you are? If you felt depressed afterwards, how long did the depression last?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Day after a first-time trip [Re: slowcheetah]
    #7117151 - 07/01/07 11:22 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i often cry after an acid or shroom trip. it takes a lot out of you. its nothing to worry about, and it should pass after a good nights sleep. i do get depressed after some trips. mostly all of them during the day however.

i think its because at night i am less active, and during the day i am out and about, which makes me tired, and the acid/shrooms make it difficult to go to sleep, which leaves me in a drained, zombie like state. thats my take on it. but i always feel completely mentally and physically drained after a day-trip. its almost like a ritual now for me to shed a tear or two after a good day trip. its not typically because im sad, just because of the state i am in.

hope that helps, and you are not alone :thumbup:

Edit: i am usually in that "depressed" state for a day or two and then i snap out of it. it is gradual though.
be sure to eat fruits, veggies and nutritious things, as they can help greatly to rejuvinate your mental being.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Edited by Drewwyann (07/01/07 11:25 PM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#7117405 - 07/02/07 12:38 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Everything you do or experience "changes who you are". But one of the things you probably caught a glimpse of with the help of the mushrooms is that "you" is an intangible thing because it is always changing, indefinable. Biochemically, you are not even the same organism from moment to moment.

It doesn't take much at all to change who you are. A thought will do it. So will just sitting there for a second.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #7118114 - 07/02/07 07:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Don't worry, you'll eventually get that "Make it stoooooooopp!" trip that'll straighten you out. :lol:  :yesnod:

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Day after a first-time trip [Re: Newbie]
    #7118700 - 07/02/07 11:01 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
Don't worry, you'll eventually get that "Make it stoooooooopp!" trip that'll straighten you out. :lol:  :yesnod:

he brings up a great point... you got something wonderful from your trip. Even though you may be dealing with some mixed emotions, and are unsure of how you should express these new feelings youre having, it sounds like you had a very rewarding and perhaps enlightening experience..

quit while youre ahead man... :sun:

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Edited by mickdawg666 (07/02/07 11:02 AM)

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Day after a first-time trip [Re: ManianFH]
    #7119216 - 07/02/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mickdawg666 said:

quit while youre ahead man...

To me that's like saying "OK; You've been mountain biking and you didn't fall and hurt yourself. Quit while you're ahead" You know he wont follow your advice.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #7121413 - 07/02/07 08:54 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

slowcheetah said:
Yesterday I had my first trip on shrooms. It was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life, and I have no regrets. However, since I came off the shrooms I have been unbelievably depressed. I know that there is some chemical alteration in the brain that I'm feeling, but I think it goes deeper than that. I "miss" my trip so much I cried when I stopped hallucinating. My emotions are heightened and I am very fragile and tired. I have a sense that something about me has changed now that I have had this experience. I am glad I tripped and I am liking the new "enlightened/calm" me, but I am seriously freaked out because I feel like doing shrooms may have altered my personality. I feel older and wiser, and at the same time I feel like a fragile child. My emotions are either non-existant or very heightened. Today at work I got very depressed and didn't want to talk about anything with my co-workers to the point that they were offended. I want some input on other people's post-trips, particularly first-timers like myself. Do you think doing shrooms changed who you are? If you felt depressed afterwards, how long did the depression last?

ask yourself this question: had you done shrooms without ANY prior knowledge of what they were or what they could do to you, and you ended up having an amazing experience off of them, would you still feel the same you think?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineCosmicStorm
Stranger

#7124839 - 07/03/07 03:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I feel very much like that, the feeling old and wise part...and tearing up during a trip.

I feel like I am more mature than people who are 40 and I'm only 21. Not talkin with your co workers...I do that alot, it's not that I don't want to talk to them, it's more like I don't give a fuck.

Drugs definitely changed me personality wise, I used to be very energetic and happy. Now I'm almost in a semi catatonic state where I think about things so deeply it's like I'm not really there.

And the depression...people say it's just feeling sorry for yourself but it's really not like that at all, most people go through depression and then come out of it...imagine not being able to come out of it, I think MDMA had something to do with that...I would like nothing more than to be happy again.

--------------------
"Observing spirits on the wall, What are they telling you?" -Death

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies