Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd)
    #7107195 - 06/29/07 01:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

figgusfiddus said:
Apparently you think Arabs are born genocidal maniacs, so our fundamental reasoning must differ.

I made no assertion that their failures were somehow congenital.  Given that their schoolchildren are taught that Jews use the blood of Arab babies to make matzoh it would seem rather more a cultural failure, wouldn't you say?  You extrapolated nonsense to suit your own notion that I am somehow racist.  Too bad, it was an invention on your part.  Obviously.

Source. Scholarly one, thanks.

You've given me every evdience of the notion that you are indeed basing this on race and little else. You have given no indication that your assessment of Arabs as murderers is somehow an objective fact--as though that makes sense in the first place.

A massive generalization about the many based on information about the few--assuming that's sound information to begin with--based on race is racism. Sorry. If I say, "All blacks are ignorant. I have proof, I had a neighbor who was black and he was ignorant," that would be a blatantly racist statement.

By the way, if anyone actually wants to talk about Guiliani still, to bring this thread back on track, feel free to interject. I think this thread went off track because there wasn't anything left to say about the original topic. I think the best way to "clean up" this thread would be to actually move the recent conversation over to a new thread--it's not really possible for a user to start a new one from scratch and retain the same conversation with the same people, otherwise, something mods never seem to realize.

This began as a matter strictly related to the original discussion, anyway, as you can see by scrolling back. I would argue that its resolution is relevant to the central topic, even if it is a digression.

As always, those with moderator status have determined that this is serious business. How else can we stifle the progress of an otherwise-decent discussion?

Okay, so where's your source? Chick.com doesn't count.  :wink:

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7107687 - 06/29/07 03:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

figgusfiddus said:
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

figgusfiddus said:
Apparently you think Arabs are born genocidal maniacs, so our fundamental reasoning must differ.

I made no assertion that their failures were somehow congenital.  Given that their schoolchildren are taught that Jews use the blood of Arab babies to make matzoh it would seem rather more a cultural failure, wouldn't you say?  You extrapolated nonsense to suit your own notion that I am somehow racist.  Too bad, it was an invention on your part.  Obviously.

Source. Scholarly one, thanks.

Modern blood libels

In Arab and Muslim nations

Main articles: Arabs and anti-Semitism and Islam and anti-Semitism

Blood libel stories have appeared a number of times in the state-sponsored media of a number of Arab and Muslim nations, their television shows and websites. Books alleging occurrences of Jewish blood libel are not uncommon.

* The Matzah Of Zion was written by the Syrian Defense Minister, Mustafa Tlass in 1986. The book concentrates on two issues: renewed ritual murder accusations against the Jews in the Damascus affair of 1840, and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.[10] On October 21, 2002, the London based Arabic paper Al-Hayat reported that the book was undergoing its eighth reprint and was being translated into English, French, and Italian.

* In 2001 an Egyptian film company produced and aired a film called Horseman Without a Horse, partly based on Tlass's book. The book was cited at a United Nations conferences in 1991 by a Syrian delegate.

* Multiple branches of the Syrian government, including the Damascus Police Command and the Department of Antiquities and Museums, the security ministry, the culture ministry, created an anti-Semitic television TV series called Ash-Shatat ("The Diaspora".) This series originally aired in Syria and in Lebanon late 2003, and was broadcast by Al-Manar, a satellite television network owned by Hezbollah. This TV series is based on the anti-Semitic forgery The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, shows the Jewish people as engaging in a conspiracy to rule the world, and presents Jews as people who murder Christian children, drain their blood, and use this blood to bake matzah. [11] [12] [13]

* On December 20, 2005, in a discussion with Iranian political analysts aired on Jaam-e Jam 2 Iranian TV, the author of the book The History of the Jews who works for the Tehran Times Dr. Hasan Hanizadeh fabricated the following allegation:

"Unfortunately, the West has forgotten two horrendous incidents, carried out by the Jews in 19th-century Europe - in Paris and London, to be precise. In 1883, about 150 French children were murdered in a horrible way in the suburbs of Paris, before the Jewish Passover holiday. Later research showed that the Jews had killed them and taken their blood. ... A similar incident took place in London, when many English children were killed by Jewish rabbis. ..."[14][15]

* King Faisal of Saudi Arabia accused Jews of a blood libel in Paris.[16]

* In a twist on the libel of Jews using blood in matzah, a Passover food, in 2002, a Saudi newspaper [17] claimed that Jews use blood in homentashn, triangular cookies eaten on the Jewish holiday of Purim. The story celebrated on Purim, recounted in the Book of Esther, takes place in ancient Persia (modern-day Iran).

* A 2004 story from Iran speaks of Jewish doctors stealing organs of Palestinian children in Israeli hospitals: [18]
http://www.answers.com/topic/blood-libel-against-jews
Quote:

You've given me every evdience of the notion that you are indeed basing this on race and little else.

There is no "Palestinian" or "Arab" race.  They are semites.  Just like Jews. Work harder on evidence discernment.
Quote:

You have given no indication that your assessment of Arabs as murderers is somehow an objective fact--as though that makes sense in the first place.

Oddly I can't find that quote from me.  Many of them are.  Seems to be a far greater percentage than in other cultures.
Quote:

A massive generalization about the many based on information about the few--assuming that's sound information to begin with--based on race is racism.

The Palestinians failure to govern themselves successfully is manifestly obvious to anyone with eyes, ears, nose and brain.  Many other groups with far greater excuses have managed to do so.  Jews for instance (Same "race")
Quote:

Sorry. If I say, "All blacks are ignorant. I have proof, I had a neighbor who was black and he was ignorant," that would be a blatantly racist statement.

Yes it would.  And stupid.  Now tell me how that relates to my assertion that the Palestinians have exhibited a remarkable failure to govern themselves.  Thank you.
Quote:

By the way, if anyone actually wants to talk about Guiliani still, to bring this thread back on track, feel free to interject. I think this thread went off track because there wasn't anything left to say about the original topic. I think the best way to "clean up" this thread would be to actually move the recent conversation over to a new thread--it's not really possible for a user to start a new one from scratch and retain the same conversation with the same people, otherwise, something mods never seem to realize.

This began as a matter strictly related to the original discussion, anyway, as you can see by scrolling back. I would argue that its resolution is relevant to the central topic, even if it is a digression.

As always, those with moderator status have determined that this is serious business. How else can we stifle the progress of an otherwise-decent discussion?

Okay, so where's your source? Chick.com doesn't count.  :wink:

I gave a start.  Here's another:
Quote:

A 1977 Jordanian teachers' manual for first-graders used on the West Bank instructs educators to "implant in the soul of the pupil the rule of Islam that if the enemies occupy even one inch of the Islamic lands, jihad (holy war) becomes imperative for every Muslim." It also says the Jews plotted to assassinate Muhammad when he was a child. Another Jordanian text, a 1982 social studies book, claims Israel ordered the massacre of Palestinians in Sabra and Shatila during the Lebanon war, but does not mention the Christian Arabs who were the perpetrators.11

“We have found books with passages that are so anti-Semitic, that if they were published in Europe, their publishers would be brought up on anti-racism charges.”

— French lawyer and European Parliament member Francois Zimeray
commenting on Palestinian, Syrian and Egyptian texts
Jerusalem Post, (October 16, 2001).

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths/mf15.html

There's LOTS more.  LOTS.  Wake up.

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #7107722 - 06/29/07 03:27 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel_against_Jews#In_Arab_and_Muslim_nations

i'm sorry, what exactly are you arguing?

resentment and hatred of jews is a common attitude in the palestinian areas, and this attitude is usually imbued in children from a young age. yes, it includes 'blood libel' tales like what zappa mentioned.

i'm sure you don't believe that antisemitism is a non-issue in the arab world. i'm sure zappa doesn't believe that every arab is irreversibly filled with hatred of jews from an early age. so where does that leave you? you're each somewhere in between, and based on the fact that neither of you (correct me if i'm being presumptous to the point of error) have ever lived in the middle east or been very close to many people who have, where exactly in the middle you are is based less on well-informed knowledge than what's convenient to your worldview (i suspect that zappa is probably closer to the facts, based on my own ignorant notions on the matter). so what's the point here really?

--------------------

Edited by wilshire (06/29/07 03:37 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: wilshire]
    #7107890 - 06/29/07 03:58 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The point he's trying to make is that I'm a racist because I can observe things. He chooses to manufacture a politically correct acceptance of those who murder because he is fearful of offending "the Other". I have no problem telling "the Other" that he is an asshole when he acts like an asshole, regardless of him being an "other". Sometimes you just have to say, "No dude, what you're doing is not cool." "Palestinians" have not been doing the "cool" thing for a long time. A long, long, long time.

--------------------

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: wilshire]
    #7107925 - 06/29/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

There is no "Palestinian" or "Arab" race. They are semites. Just like Jews. Work harder on evidence discernment.

There is no objective basis for "race" at all--but there is the perception of race, based mostly on social identification, which you have reinforced in this discussion by declaring an entire society unfit for self-determination.

Quote:

i'm sure you don't believe that antisemitism is a non-issue in the arab world.

This is true--I believe it is on effective par with the force of anti-Arab predispositions in Israel, though it may in cases be more explicit. By my observations, the more impotent a people are, politically and militarily, the louder and more shrill their denunciations become.

Quote:

i'm sure zappa doesn't believe that every arab is irreversibly filled with hatred of jews from an early age.

Your belief hasn't been supported by the previous thread. In fact, it's been more-or-less stated explicitly, along with the notion that Palestinians are (as a society, if not ethnically) incapable of self-government. I thought Kipling was dead, along with the white man's burden? Even if you remove the racial portion of that argument, you still have the notion of societal supremacy, which is as ridiculous, if only more socially acceptable.

Blood libel tales exist, that was never under dispute, even though it is what was proven above at undue length. What is under dispute is the notion that these tales are universally accepted and disseminated within Arab societies, predisposing these entire societies as a whole toward a murderous hatred of Jews.

Quote:

The Palestinians failure to govern themselves successfully is manifestly obvious to anyone with eyes, ears, nose and brain. Many other groups with far greater excuses have managed to do so. Jews for instance (Same "race")

I think that assessment would be considered patently untrue, since there are many who are informed of the situation with no outstanding bias in either direction who would disagree. Saying that something is manifestly obvious is not a proof.

Individuals are not their group. Still, in total, one can note that the Palestinian base is agitated, indignant, and has in some part been moved to violence. Can you expect that given the present and past circumstances, radicalism would not be the result? It will take decades to stabilize the area, even if we were to start with an agreement now. When there are a handful of serious, valid, unaddressed greivances, a thousand invalid ones have a habit of popping up left and right. What do you expect?

Quote:

A 1977 Jordanian teachers' manual for first-graders used on the West Bank instructs educators to "implant in the soul of the pupil the rule of Islam that if the enemies occupy even one inch of the Islamic lands, jihad (holy war) becomes imperative for every Muslim." It also says the Jews plotted to assassinate Muhammad when he was a child. Another Jordanian text, a 1982 social studies book, claims Israel ordered the massacre of Palestinians in Sabra and Shatila during the Lebanon war, but does not mention the Christian Arabs who were the perpetrators.11

“We have found books with passages that are so anti-Semitic, that if they were published in Europe, their publishers would be brought up on anti-racism charges.”

Do you have no concept of the regional history of the Arab-Israeli conflict? Of course a 1977 textbook was exceptionally radical. Last time I checked, that was thirty years ago--in Jordan, no less, not Palestine.

Your argument suffers from irrational generalizations, facilitated by what I still recognize as a disposition to criticize one society for murder while defending another for actions which are virtually identical in their brutality, though on an even larger scale.

The indoctrination of those too young to reasonably discern the truth is criminal, in my mind. But it is not a uniquely Arab phenomenon, even now.

--------------------

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7107932 - 06/29/07 04:06 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
The point he's trying to make is that I'm a racist because I can observe things.

You got me, that's precisely what I was saying. Game over, I lose!

:eek:

Quote:

He chooses to manufacture a politically correct acceptance of those who murder because he is fearful of offending "the Other".

I don't accept murder, and I don't accept the attacks on civilians committed by Palestinians or any other group. But I don't play favorites with my murderers, as you have chosen to do.

There is no fundamental difference between random attacks, expected to kill civilians, and large-scale military assaults, intended to destroy active targets but also fully expected to kill civilians.

No one is right, everyone is wrong, and everyone has lost friends and loved ones. The difference here is that one is strong, and one is weak, and both are killing each other over goddamned stupid ideological matters. I think you are a party in this crime with everyone else who takes a side on this ideological matter and refuses to condemn the actions of both sides. Whether or not you base your decisions on race, you have indicated a belief that it is wrong to shoot rockets at Israeli civilians, but right to drop bombs on Palestine with the full realization that you will kill more civilians than your own people lost in the process.

A disproportionate response increases the duration of the conflict. It is not just a commission of murder, but the opening of an avenue for future murder. That is the greatest crime I can perceive from this conflict.

--------------------

Edited by figgusfiddus (06/29/07 04:12 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#7107954 - 06/29/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The indoctrination of those too young to reasonably discern the truth is criminal, in my mind. But it is not a uniquely Arab phenomenon, even now.

The criminality would depend on the specifics of the indoctrination, a distinction you seem incapable of making. As an important note, those children indoctrinated in 1977 are now the 50 year old leaders of their society. Which is in total disarray. Of their own making. I also cited only two easy to find examples. This does not constitute all of them. There are thousands. Thousands.

--------------------

Edited by zappaisgod (06/29/07 04:14 PM)

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

#7107965 - 06/29/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think you're taking this ad hominem when there's no reason for it. The substance of the indoctrination was not my point in that statement--I believe it is a crime against reason. Apparently, you only think it's wrong if it promotes violence toward those you would rather not be harmed, rather than those toward whose survival you are indifferent.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#7107980 - 06/29/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

In fairness, I edited the above after you responded.

That being said, there is always indoctrination in schools. It is the content of the indoctrination that determines its criminality. Telling little Palestinian school children that Jews drink blood so as to recruit an army of lunatics is criminal. Indoctrinating little school children to believe we are causing global warming is not. Nuance.

--------------------

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

#7108194 - 06/29/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think you showed evidence for blood libel being taught in schools. You showed evidence for some radicalism and some twisted history being taught, but that's nothing new whatsoever, and it was in Jordan, 1977, not Palestine, 2007. I don't think either of us has a good idea of what the primary school curriculum there looks like now, though you have shown yourself willing to jump to conclusions. "Well, that would be just like the Arabs, wouldn't it?"

Why is that? I have supposed to that it has to do with certain prejudices on your part--not racial prejudices, maybe, I know it's a charged term, but the literal definition, a tendency to pre-judge. You are holding up some weak, scarcely-relevant information and calling it solid proof, then asking how I can even question your reasoning. I don't think it's clean-cut at all.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7108213 - 06/29/07 05:30 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

There is abundant evidence of the blood libel nonsense (and worse) being taught -- today -- in schools in the Middle East. There are numerous websites detailing what is being taught in the schools of the countries bordering Israel if you care to look. Far too numerous to list in this post, but you might want to go to a site like http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/ and use its search function for "blood libel".

It was being taught thirty years ago, it is being taught today, it will be taught for the foreseeable future.

And that's in schools, mind you. The madrassahs are worse.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#7108218 - 06/29/07 05:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Arab Jews and the Borg

I am the one who was, always, seen as the enemy they can reach.

I am the one who was always seen as the enemy they can hit, smack, and take his money, his property, and mess with his family if they get the chance.

I am the one who lived all his life not as a second degree citizen, and not as a third degree citizen, but as no degree citizen in the country of my birth, were my ancestors existed before me for thousands, and thousands of years.

I am the ancient times history that felled from your consciousness, the one who everyone forgot about and don’t want to remember, just because my Holocaust was very well veiled by my haters.

I am the one who was compensated spiritually by kissing the a$$es of the people who shunned my existence every single day of my life, and spat in my face and call me Jew (as a demeanor) (The same face G_D created)

I am the one who was harassed up until my humanity couldn't take it anymore, then got kicked out of the country with the bare cloth on my screaming for justice body

I am the one who wanted for all of us humans to live in peace, while giving a chance to my people whom wants to go back to where they left their country before the Arabs started killing them, spitting on them, and stoned them out.

I am the Arabized Jew, only poor, oppressed, and rubbed of his dignity Jew

Let me tell you that in competition with the devil, Arabs are the most mistrusted people according to any logic, and mistrusting people also according to any logic, unless it is the logic of Islam.

Nothing likes it in the entire whole universe.

They are the BORGS.

They want to assimilate each and every one of us to the collective of Islam.

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, the BORGS landed finally on earth, and it happened exactly when the first BORG Mohammed got his subliminal message from them.

So here we are…

It is either we all become one happy BORGY Moslem family, or we have to die because there is no room for us with all the daily arrivals of the NEW MOSLEM BORGS’ on the shores of our entire planet.

Let me tell you this little secret…

Arabs Moslem BORGS are the most vicious BORGS known not only to the human race, but also to the universal God, but by now you already seen that, didn’t you? (When I posted this post the first time, I was accused with racism and exaggeration)

Moslems are the only BORGS that pray five times a day to a head BORG called Mohammed from the Arabic tribe of "QUORISH" and make us think that they are praying to God.

(QUORISH, always felt not an earthly name, could it be from bellow hell)

Arabs are surly not made by the same hands that made the Jew, The Christians, The Buddhist, The any Religion you name it, they are hand crafted by the devil him self, and their dough came only from the flour of hate and the seeds of death.

Yes I am

I am the Arabized Jew.

jack the human

Arab's eliminated Jews in their countries; why it is not possible for the Jews to do the same?

The Jewish Population in the Arab countries between 1948 and 2000

Jewish Population in the year 1948

The Jews of Algeria 140,000
The Jews of Egypt 75,000
The Jews of Iraq 150,000
The Jews of Lebanon 20,000
The Jews of Libya 38,000
The Jews of Morocco 265,000
The Jews of Syria 30,000
The Jews of Tunisia 105,000
The Jews of Yemen 63,000
include Aden: 8,000

All Arab Jews in the year 1948 is 886,000 person

Jewish Population in the year 2000

The Jews of Algeria 100 person
The Jews of Egypt 200 person
The Jews of Iraq 100 person
The Jews of Lebanon 100 person
The Jews of Libya 0 Person
The Jews of Morocco 5,800 Person
The Jews of Syria 200 person
The Jews of Tunisia 1,300 Person
The Jews of Yemen 200 person
include Aden: 8,000

All Arab Jews in the year 2000 is 8,000 person

The expelled Jews from the all Arab countries (886,000- 8,000) are 878,000 person

So how about out of fairness, we only keep in main and whole Israel 8,000 Arab BORG in Israel?

They are going to turn into few millions in few years anyway.

The Jews of Algeria
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/algjews.html#2

The Jews of Egypt
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/egjews.html

The Jews of Iran
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/iranjews.html

Jews Arrested In Iran As Spies
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/iranjew.html

Second Iranian Jew Released After Serving Spy Sentence
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/iranspy.html

The Jews of Iraq

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/iraqijews.html

The Jews of Lebanon

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/lebjews.html

The Jews of Libya

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/libyajews.html

The Jews of Morocco

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/morocjews.html

The Jews of Syria

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/syrianjews.html

The Jews of Tunisia

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/tunisjews.html

The Jews of Yemen

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/yemenjews.html

Arab/Muslim Anti-Semitism

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/arabantoc.html

The Treatment of Jews in Arab/Islamic Countries

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/Jews_in_Arab_lands_(gen).html

Anti-Semitic Trends Throughout the World (2000)

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/trend2000.html

Holocaust Denial

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Holocaust/denialtoc.html

Anti-Semitism on the Internet

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/internet.html

International Red Cross Discriminates Against Israeli “Red Cross”

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Health/mda.html

Reports of Anti-Semitic Incidents from 1991 to 2001

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/anti-semitism/antireptoc.html

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: Phred]
    #7108247 - 06/29/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I guess I haven't been clear, here. I don't consider a website that simply declares something to be "evidence", even if it doesn't happen to caption its photos "Children Killed By Palestinian Savages" like the site linked in the other thread.

Oh, here it is. Front page. Different topic, same absolute bullshit stupidity. "The Surrender Party is now preparing to close the Guantanamo Bay prison by doing what they do best—cutting its funding." What are you doing citing this as a reputable source? The Surrender Party? This has all the objectivity and intelligence of a Huffpost commentbox quote (yes, that's an example of 'my' side acting like a bunch of morons).

Do any of you know what peer review is? Have you ever done bonafide research, or even read any? This isn't an insult, by the way--though feel free to ban, if I've hurt your tender pride--this is a genuine question. How does anyone take anything like this seriously? Do you simply accept on faith anything that agrees even remotely with your pre-determined worldview?

I'm not saying the legitimate evidence for this matter doesn't exist, I'm just saying I need to see it. That's how evidence works. Moreover, I need evidence that this is a universal occurrence, as zappaisgod claims. This is a charged matter, and people take a lot on faith, but I'm not one of them. I believe that both of you are.

Finally, even if this is happening--my only statement is that I am skeptical toward these claims--it doesn't really change anything. Yes, this is an ideological war, and yes, many Arab societies have begun to use an opposition to Israel and its policy as a centerpiece of their identity. That's a shame, but the only way it will be changed is through detente. I don't see that happening when Israel is practicing their own brand of cowboy diplomacy, and I don't see it happening when people are willing to make overwhelming generalizations about an entire group of people being inborn with genocidal violence.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7109537 - 06/29/07 11:48 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

> I'm not saying the legitimate evidence for this matter doesn't exist, I'm just saying I need to see it.

You have set up an impossible requirement then fault others for not being able to meet it. If you must "see the evidence" then learn Arab and then visit the region as nothing else will meet your criteria.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#7110713 - 06/30/07 10:31 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Here's another one from recent news. Very recent. (6/29/07)

Quote:

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — A Mickey Mouse lookalike who preached Islamic domination on a Hamas-affiliated children's television program was beaten to death in the show's final episode Friday.

In the final skit, "Farfour" was killed by an actor posing as an Israeli official trying to buy Farfour's land. At one point, the mouse called the Israeli a "terrorist."

"Farfour was martyred while defending his land," said Sara, the teen presenter. He was killed "by the killers of children," she added.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287423,00.html

By the way this is not some fringe group of nutcases.
Quote:

Hamas-affiliated children's television program.

It's the government these assholes elected. Is that enough evidence yet?

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#7115304 - 07/01/07 03:03 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Palestinians kill their own children and then blame it on Israel.
http://www.masada2000.org/al-dura.html

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: Luddite]
    #7115995 - 07/01/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (06/26/16 07:38 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7116086 - 07/01/07 07:22 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you deny the facts of the Fox story about the children's show?
I didn't think so.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7116261 - 07/01/07 08:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Attack the message, not the messenger.

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Re: Cowboys and Injuns (err, Israel and Palestine, cont'd) [Re: Seuss]
    #7117773 - 07/02/07 02:45 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> I'm not saying the legitimate evidence for this matter doesn't exist, I'm just saying I need to see it.

You have set up an impossible requirement then fault others for not being able to meet it. If you must "see the evidence" then learn Arab and then visit the region as nothing else will meet your criteria.

No, I simply don't accept sources with a blatant bias. I asked before: Do you know what "peer review" is? There are professionals in the business of truth, you know, and many more part-timers in the business of lies.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale