Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: giving birth
Legalized Marijuana: Will it take a Revolution?
    #7105356 - 06/28/07 10:16 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

At this point it doesn't really seem that the legalization of marijuana is too close at hand. Only about 11 states have it legal for medical purposes, and the government sure as hell is not quitting those "Partnership for a drug-free America" propaganda bullshit, and all those purposefully ignorant and misleading commercials about the "dangers of pot". With a budget of billions, and unfortunately the pressure of the majority of Americans to keep weed a criminal offense, the gov. is going to continue their war on drugs.
    Although, we are getting some support from prominent figures such as Montel Williams and some millionaires(forgot the names, and of course NJWEEDMAN(cheers for him,btw)we are, in fact, still the minority.
    And now the burning question; Do you think that the full legalization of marijuana will be obtained by democratic process, or is it time for a rebellion?
(remember, the government proclaimed a war on drugs and drugusers)
I think if they start the war, then we shall finish it.:mad2:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: Legalized Marijuana: Will it take a Revolution? [Re: The Crow]
    #7105368 - 06/28/07 10:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Crow said:
At this point it doesn't really seem that the legalization of marijuana is too close at hand. Only about 11 states have it legal for medical purposes, and the government sure as hell is not quitting those "Partnership for a drug-free America" propaganda bullshit, and all those purposefully ignorant and misleading commercials about the "dangers of pot". With a budget of billions, and unfortunately the pressure of the majority of Americans to keep weed a criminal offense, the gov. is going to continue their war on drugs.
    Although, we are getting some support from prominent figures such as Montel Williams and some millionaires(forgot the names, and of course NJWEEDMAN(cheers for him,btw)we are, in fact, still the minority.
    And now the burning question; Do you think that the full legalization of marijuana will be obtained by democratic process, or is it time for a rebellion?
(remember, the government proclaimed a war on drugs and drugusers)
I think if they start the war, then we shall finish it.:mad2:

Fuck yes. Fight back!!
Viva la Revolucion!!

on the other hand.. *smokes up* ..meh

It would be something interesting to witness of course. Second Civil War, only this time its Pot instead of slaves. Hahaha

Offlineviscous98gsx
Stranger
Male

Loc: Austin Texas
Re: Legalized Marijuana: Will it take a Revolution? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #7105428 - 06/28/07 10:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

the white houses anti bugdet is over 12 billion a year alone. waste of funds that could be better spent? i think so.

i hate to have a war actually fought over it though. if there is a revolution- it will be a peaceful one. be patient, my generation is taking over soon enough......

--------------------
"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it a prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's"

Frank Sinatra

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#7105443 - 06/28/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know. Sometimes I have hope, other times I feel like I will die before I can legally smoke a bowl.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Legalized Marijuana: Will it take a Revolution? [Re: viscous98gsx]
    #7105446 - 06/28/07 10:42 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

marijuana will never be legalized as long as the pharmaceutical industry maintains it death grip on America.

*which reminds me, I need to do part III of the thread "Lets look at The Partnership for a Drug- Free America".

if anyone hasnt read it yet, it spells it out for you why my primary statement is true.

OfflineThe Crow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: giving birth
Re: Legalized Marijuana: Will it take a Revolution? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7105608 - 06/28/07 11:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I just can't see a bloody revolution happening in this country...I think weed will be legalized thru due process of the law(protests, reforms, bills, legislature, etc), but it'll take decades, unfortunatley:sad:
just my opinion

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #7105631 - 06/28/07 11:33 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

look... if the pharmaceutical industry can get a law passed that states that they cannot be sued, I think they can maintain the laws on the books.
Legalizing marijuana would put an enormous dent in their profits.

There are only two solutions:
1) Big Pharma finds a way to make profits from the legalization of marijuana, or invents a way around it.
2) The american people wake the fuck up and realize how much they are being fucked by Big Pharma.

sadly, #1 is more propable than #2

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #7435077 - 09/21/07 01:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

********bump in this thread for the hell of it.. I know this has to be a over talked about topic, just wanted to throw some stuff in...*****

I wrote this in a UK forum earlier... anyway its about yeah anti-cannabis groups of even citizens and etc that act to have cannabis prevented to become legalized..

Hrmmm... maybe parents just need to be better... PARENTS! These articles and etc are just propaganda to make cannabis look evil. Actually looking past the scare tactic is logical. Parents need to be better parents, I mean I agree younger kids shouldnt probably be smoking that early. I say fuck you to anyone that is scared enough to urge that a plant like marijuana is able to put an adult behind a jail. Thats a total cop out, so the risk that your poorly raised child might smoke marijuana is reduced, fully out weighs the reality that many legit people get busted for marijuana! Cannabis should be legalized if you believe in true freedom (no victim in smoking cannabis)!

Anyway, I think these articles are retarded... what if the state started to decide that your beliefs and religions were harmful to the children and state, then would the concept hit home to the people so opposed?

Perhaps it should be legalized and normalized (in a sense) I think (at least here in the states) part of the juvenile allure to cannabis is that its considered so rebellious. Compare that to the fact that in the states in those younger years you arent even supposed to drink alcohol... so that principle of rebellion is here too, but maybe not quite as alternative or cool. Anyway, I think thats a legit consideration. I think cannabis should be treated like alcohol for instance, age requirements and safety in regards to driving, etc. Makes sense to me...

-hope that little rambling made a bit of sense...

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
    #7435179 - 09/21/07 02:51 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

where do i sign up for the Marijuana Army?

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom