Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRugbyhooker
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Slightly different use of Uncle Lazlo's EZ Mycelium Syringe Tek
    #7100327 - 06/27/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not claiming to have reinvented the wheel but I've been using Uncle Lazlo's EZ Mycelium Syringe Tek in a slightly different way:

Items needed-
Glove box
Sterilized tea strainer
Fully colonized liter jar of grain
250ml jar full of water
Bunch of syringes (15-20 are possible easily)

- Put tyvek and a lid with a needle hole on the jar of water and sterilize for 30 minutes at 15 psi with the strainer and the needles if need be in the pressure cooker and let cool in the cooker.
- Put all the equipment into the glove box.
- Nuke the inside of the box with Lysol and wait 15 minutes for the fumes to settle a bit.
- Take the caps off both jars and pour the water into the colonized jar.
- Put the cap back on the jar and shake it for like 2 minutes to break off mycelium into the water.
- Put the tea strainer into the jar then tip it over and drain the water into the empty jar.
- Replace caps on both jars.
- Use the holes in the lid to put syringes in and suck out mycelium water.
- Open glove box and take your needles out to use as you will.
- Any mycelium water not used can be left in the jar (cover the needle hole with tape) and refrigerated for later use.

You lose some of the water because it soaks into the grain but you will get 150-200 ml of solution out. I use 4cc in each jar so I can inoculate 45-60 jars from it. I usually get colonization showing within 24-48 hours using these syringes and full colonization usually in 10 days or less. Theoretically these syringes should stay viable in the fridge for at least a month (never had them lying around long enough to tell ya).
  I find this a much more economical way to propagate mycelium than grain to grain transfers. Even the jar that was used to get the mycelium from recolonizes fully and the extra water is helpful.
  Hopefully someone finds this useful as I hate typing but was bored because every jar in my house is full :tongue:

--------------------
Slowcoaster

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRugbyhooker
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Slightly different use of Uncle Lazlo's EZ Mycelium Syringe Tek [Re: Rugbyhooker]
    #7105111 - 06/28/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Cracked corn after 4 days colonization

--------------------
Slowcoaster

Offlineh4x
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Slightly different use of Uncle Lazlo's EZ Mycelium Syringe Tek [Re: Rugbyhooker]
    #7105615 - 06/28/07 11:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

How big of a gauge needle should I be using?

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Slightly different use of Uncle Lazlo's EZ Mycelium Syringe Tek [Re: h4x]
    #7105756 - 06/29/07 12:18 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I would use 18 max.... 14 or 12 would be perfect

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder