Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpanki
Stranger
Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him
    #7098368 - 06/27/07 10:52 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

My friend recently told me that mushrooms fucked with his mind, and he now regularly has very odd thoughts that make him uncomfortable. He has talked about seeing a psychiatrist. What he describes does not sound like schizophrenia or psychosis, which may have been latent in his mind before doing mushrooms. I am worried what this could be. Any help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEthericOctopuss
One foot in, onefoot out
Male

Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: Spanki]
    #7098382 - 06/27/07 10:58 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

He more than likely had a pre-existing condition. People with mental conditions or who are 'on the edge' in terms of mental stability should definitely stay away from all pychedelics IMHO.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: Spanki]
    #7098396 - 06/27/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like he should definitely seek the attention of a therapist/psychiatrist/psychologist. You certainly aren't going to get any sound "diagnoses" here; (meaning internet discussion boards). It's also best not to jump the gun on 'diagnosing' someone unless you're licensed to do so.
First, he needs to talk to someone to ascertain what it is that's bothering him. Many people have weird and uncomfortable thoughts and are not schizophrenic. It's possible he may have unlocked(?) a manner of perceiving and cogitating about things which cause anxiety for many people. (That's why--not to be too final about--some people should stay away from psychedelics.)

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: Land_Crab]
    #7098467 - 06/27/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

yea, i think shrooms and acid really do throw things a lil out of wack, even if you have just a slight thing wrong itl get magnified and fuck you up for a long time....what kind of uncomfterble thoughts is he having? uncomfey as in hes thinking sexually about men and its making him nervous, or like demonic shit or what? how long ago did he last take shrooms? if its less than a month is say to wait it out for a lil while longer, he may have just had a very profound experience thats staying with him for a while and influencing how he sees the world...im personally not big into mental health professionals, at least the ones ive seen, they blame EVERYTHING on substance abuse or your home life growing up....but in all likelyhood (IMHO) he didnt snap himself into schizophrenia by doing shrooms, give him a while to settle his brain down

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#7098772 - 06/27/07 01:04 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

"Fucked his mind" = Something uncomfortable occurred to him on a mushroom trip and he is having a hard time not thinking about it and it gives him anxiety.

Want to give us some details though? I'm curious!

Offlinecrazy__diamond
Strangest

Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #7098813 - 06/27/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i've had experiences with shrooms where i had epiphanies or revelations about the world around that made me realize things i almost wished i hadnt known

sometimes ignorance is bliss...if you never really took the time to look at the things around us--our society, laws, religion, culture,etc.--and always took them for granted,

then shrooms can just blow that whole door wide open

if thats his case, then it might take a while for him to adjust, but i'd say he'll come to the conclusion that the experience was beneficial

--

or maybe he's just one of those rare cases where psych's weren't for him, who knows

--------------------
well, you know, we all want to change the world...

...but there's only so much time left in this crazy world, i'm just crumblin' erb.

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: crazy__diamond]
    #7098827 - 06/27/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like he wasnt ready, i'm sure in time he'll be fine. although we dont have much information to go by.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

OfflineSpanki
Stranger
Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: sandman_130]
    #7099399 - 06/27/07 03:38 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah sorry. I don't have much information either. I feel a bit nosy posting this on the internet but, I just want a little piece of mind. I know he hasn't had a "bad" trip so, I don't think it was traumatic. I'll talk to him about it tonight and ask him if he minds me sharing a little bit of detail.

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

#7099505 - 06/27/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Assuming that psychedelics even sometimes cause (or uncover) mental illness, I'm not sure that the trip being blantantly unpleasant is a reliable indicator at all of the trigger being pulled.

In fact, I would be MORE concerned by someone saying, "I just had a great trip. But now I'm concerned that I'm nuts."

As long as he doesn't have the urge to hurt anybody, just tell your friend to relax and let some time pass drug free. Being concerned for onesself is normal.

Once a friend doesed and quickly became convinced that he was mentally fucked for life. He spent the entire trip reaffirming hia resolve to call a psychiatrist as soon as possible, so that his new condition could best be managed. Bottom line, it became much less of an issue in mere days and then dissapated to an almost non-event over time.

The nature of his personal mental fuck was being convinced that he would forever be unflinchingly aware of life's meaninglessness and never again be able to even dream or speculate that meaning existed and that eventually he would just crack into stark raving madness under this nihilistic pressure.

--------------------

OfflinefookSalvia
Stranger

Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #7099675 - 06/27/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

My friend talks about the shit acids done to his head all the time. its the exact reason why im not planning on taking it. shrooms though, are another story. :smile:

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: fookSalvia]
    #7099791 - 06/27/07 05:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Well shrooms can fuck your head up as much as acid can. Don't think that just because it's natural that it's better than acid.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Offlinefalkor187
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: AlCapwn]
    #7099988 - 06/27/07 06:20 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

truth can be uncomfortable.

he sees truth now, and it scares him.

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: falkor187]
    #7100024 - 06/27/07 06:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Anything can happen in the invisible Landscape!

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

OfflineBuddyGuy
Stranger

Loc: The Baltic States
Re: Friend infmormed me mushrooms "Fucked his mind"... I'm scared for him [Re: SporeX]
    #7102021 - 06/28/07 02:19 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Shrooms are the KEY to your mind, if you unlock it and go fishing in the ocean of the mind, you can find all types of thoughts there.(for example, your buddy maybe found out that he is gay)

Its all for the best I think, sooner person finds himself, better.

(unless he is having some serious problems like schizophrenia or psychosis)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order