Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

big booming woodloving shrooms
    #7097615 - 06/27/07 03:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Found these on the trail today .. they are sometimes big as-per images

would like to have a ballpark id cause being so big and healthy looking might want to make some soup , but i'm cautious brown tops is a folk tale no-no i've been advised :smile: and big aint always beautiful right :laugh:

climate is mid Autumn , frost free ..

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .
Such a beautiful lie to believe in
So beautiful, beautiful it makes me ..

Nikopol: You piece of shit! Your objectives are shit. Your filthy rapist god ambitions are shit. You're full of shit, Horus!

Horus: Coming from a human, remarks like that don't carry much weight.

Nikopol: But all that it is not worth of prodigy of your saliva, Jill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: big booming woodloving shrooms [Re: cleeen]
    #7097714 - 06/27/07 05:11 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This ID request sucks... Wheres a gill shot? Wheres a spore print? It's impossible to give a good ID on those. Given their size though they are probably Stropharia rugosoannulata. A shot of the underside would make it a lot easier to ID. I have seen people refer you to the hunting forum rules on how to make an ID request a few times, it just doesn't seem to register?

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: big booming woodloving shrooms [Re: zee_werp]
    #7097909 - 06/27/07 07:36 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha .. cheers for the low down zeee. i do see for all your Outrage you still turned an absolute impossibility into a definite probability in a short breath you living miracle worker you

yes "Stropharia rugosoannulata" i think the name fits , yummy , they appealed(applied?) instinctively to my digestion , its about 2am now and im thinking i will head on over and grab a few younger ones check the spores overnight and likely have some for lunch manyana .. cheers

Quote:

Slide 79.

Stropharia rugosoannulata, here being held by a young Ben Beug, grows wild in cultivated areas in many parts of North America though it does not appear to be a native species. If you don't have it growing near you, it is readily introduced into your garden using a plug of soil from a known patch or a kit from Paul Stamet's Fungi Perfecti. Stropharia rugosoannulata is a distinctive species recognized by its wine-colored cap, thick ring on the stipe and purplish-black spore print. When young, it is a choice edible, though other somewhat similar woodland Stropharia species either have a taste of old leaves or the ability to cause gastric upset.

Edited by cleeen (06/27/07 08:01 AM)

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #7098220 - 06/27/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

No no no, bad idea, don't take a spore print on a child's head, what if he runs off? Then you will never know what species you have there.

--------------------

Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

Loc: Wonderland
Re: big booming woodloving shrooms [Re: Jair]
    #7100774 - 06/27/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

lol jair!

i would seriously consider peeling the skin off your shrooms to check for bugs cleeen - i had some really nice big stropharias in my backyard (huge bastards - about lft across) i was looking forward to cooking them up in some garlic and butter when i thought i better check for bugs, peeled the skin - and holy shit! they were crawling with millions of maggots and shroom flies. Very disapointing, but glad i didnt eat them.

And make sure you dont pick any toadstools, there is a species that looks almost identicle to stropharias - main macro differences is their grey gills, broader caps and thicker stems. Not sure what species they are - but may not end in a pleasant feast if you pick some of them.

--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: big booming woodloving shrooms [Re: scruffymafia]
    #7102239 - 06/28/07 05:17 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Cheers for the heads up scruffy .. i did check and saw a couple of little folk on a larger specimen so stuck to the new Caps that look real real nice .. got them on paper for a Spore print now

The smell really good, like clean earth and i though when fresh picked i could scent something like buttered mushrooms in a fry pan , but now they just smell very healthy like really good loam earth ..

And two larger examples

EDIT .. replaced with a better resolution pic of these two larger caps ^^ , although for some reason the upload service keeps downsizing them again. they do look good .. the lower one of those two is the donor of the spore print below .

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .

Nikopol: You piece of shit! Your objectives are shit. Your filthy rapist god ambitions are shit. You're full of shit, Horus!

Edited by cleeen (06/29/07 06:41 AM)

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7106338 - 06/29/07 06:16 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

ok finishing up now , its almost the full moon so i'm off my food til tomorrow or the next day .. and they are in the fridge , staying safe & keeping well :smile:..

here is what the spore print looks like ..

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #7108106 - 06/29/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

with that size, habitat, yelow bruising, scruffy viel remnants and a purple-brown print; S. rugoss-annulata is a safe bet.

you lucky bastart :laugh:

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblecleeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: big booming woodloving shrooms [Re: canid]
    #7130712 - 07/05/07 01:42 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

still popping up ..

--------------------
It's a beautiful lie ..
It's a perfect denial .

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder