Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineemoney
Stranger

UPS RANT... - Ugh
    #7081777 - 06/22/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Just need to vent somewhere.... Ordered syringe from a vendor... was suppose to be here today... UPS says they delieved today... I get home. Nothing here. None of my neighbors fessing up to getting the package...

Have to wait till Monday to talk to the driver...

argh was looking forward to starting this weekend!

anyone else ever have this issue?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: emoney]
    #7081952 - 06/22/07 11:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ive worked for UPS, UPS tracking is shit, it might show up tomorrow. id wait.

but def talk to the driver if u have the chance.

why did u ship UPS? the vendors i use send via USPS and deliver straight to mailbox.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Offlinesparks8
general freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Teegeeack
Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: Banez]
    #7081999 - 06/22/07 11:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

your neighbor stole the package, opened it found your spore syringe and called homeland security.
expect visitors soon.

--------------------
buy the ticket, take the ride

Offlineemoney
Stranger

Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: sparks8]
    #7083174 - 06/23/07 10:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That'd be funny, I've lived in my neighborhood for 24 years, I know some shit.... so that'd be funny.

It'd turn into a big tattle tale session. I got dirt on everybody.

And... it shipped UPS from the vendor.... I had it over nighted. I should be bale to talk to the driver on Monday, either way I ordered more... so if they do show up, I'll be rolling in syringes.

Edited by emoney (06/23/07 10:46 AM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7083179 - 06/23/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

UPS is the worst shipping service ever created. Their customer service is shit. Their tracking is shit. Their whole operation is one big pile of shit. Opt for anther carrier whenever possible.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: DNKYD]
    #7083269 - 06/23/07 11:15 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

have you checked the tracking number online?

its very handy,

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineemoney
Stranger

Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7084450 - 06/23/07 06:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, it said it was delieverd at my front door.... it's not at my front door...

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #7084520 - 06/23/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
UPS is the worst shipping service ever created. Their customer service is shit. Their tracking is shit. Their whole operation is one big pile of shit. Opt for anther carrier whenever possible.

:rolleyes:

Extreme comments like this, when this company successfully delivers millions-- MILLIONS-- of packages every single day, on-time, makes those making ridiculous statements like this look... well... ridiculous.

Let's at least act reasonable here, huh?

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: coAsTal]
    #7084592 - 06/23/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yeah he doesnt know what hes talking about.. statistically they are the most reliable shipping service.. hell they are even going international.

thats why there prices are the most expensive.. is because its the most effient and reliable way to ship. period. and they have the added benefit of privacy unlike USPS.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7084605 - 06/23/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I realize my experiences with United Parcel Stompers isn't what everybody else encounters. I am simply stating my severe dissatisfaction with UPS for the incredibly poor service I have received from them on multiple occasions. Unfortunately I had to deal with them almost daily a few years ago and it left a horrible taste in my mouth. Now I don't use their service if it's at all possible.

So, yes, I do know what I'm talking about. That's because I'm talking about my own fucking experiences. I'll "act reasonable" when UPS gives me service on the level that I can, and do receive from damn near any other parcel carrier service.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7084615 - 06/23/07 07:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

you stated pretty strong words as fact. you said they are the worst shipping service ever created.. when based on numbers, they are the best ever created.

followed by DHL, FedEx, then USPS.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #7084633 - 06/23/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I shipped one of my DVD sets to Canada, and there was $3.10 in Canadian GST due on the order. UPS charged $29 in 'brokerage fees' to collect the $3.10 in GST. When I called to bitch, they told me that's the fee and there's nothing they're going to do to change it. I refunded the $29 to my customer, a member here, but to this day, I haven't shipped one single package by them since. I had to eat $29 on a $39 order, so I lost money big time.

Before that, I shipped 5 DVD's to a bookstore in Amsterdam, and UPS charged $71 for shipping(total weight 2 pounds). Since that time, I've used USPS to fill three additional orders to that same bookstore, and they ship for $21 and get there a day earlier. I give UPS an F in delivery times, AND customer service. I've now removed them from my website as an option.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7084638 - 06/23/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #7084745 - 06/23/07 08:11 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone has a story-- but DNKYD-- you clearly have/had a shitty driver or center in your town.

Sucks. But it's NOT representative of the company as a whole. At ALL. And to imply that it is is inappropriate.

Why am I an advocate and not jumping on the bitch-bandwagon?

I worked at UPS for a few years, and have seen inside the machine you so readily bitch about.
You haven't the slightest fucking idea how well-oiled that machine is, even when it seems that it's a hair's-breadth away from going to shit, 99.9% of the time I watched some of the finest, most hard-working people I've ever met bust their ass to get you what you asked for when you asked for it. The effort put into your every single package is mind-boggling, and I admire the hell out of the people that make it happen.

But they ARE people, DNKYD-- and as you might know personally, there are a lot of assholes in the world. There are people in every job who don't give a shit about the quality of their work, or attention to customer needs. UPS can't weed all of them out-- and backward union rules sometimes keep worthless employees on the job when otherwise they'd have long-since been fired.
Sucks.
I would recommend you contact the regional manager for your area and register a complaint, and continue to do so-- just bitching to people on the internet isn't going to get the guy in trouble...
If you've already done that, then you've done what you could and that's that.

I know it doesn't make you feel any better that you have a shitty driver on your route, or are within the area of a poorly-run center-- and I don't expect it to-- but ignoring the fact that these guys are the #1 package delivery service in the United States by a huge margin and acting like they are all completely worthless makes you look bitter and close-minded.

'nuff said on that.

As for RR, he has a much more valid point-- their fees and charges can get ridiculous, and he responded just as he should-- he went elsewhere.
International service is definitely UPS's Achilles heel-- they just can't compete with DHL (the #1 in International) USPS and FedEx.

Anyway-- I'll continue to use UPS, as I know them to be a superior service overall, and regret that some of you have had problems-- but that's just how it goes sometimes...

:cheers:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7084759 - 06/23/07 08:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ironic.. i too was a UPS employee.. and i agree, it sounds like he just lives near a shitty HUB.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7084948 - 06/23/07 09:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

#1 to the rest of the world doesn't mean shit to me if they can't give me the service they promise everybody else.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #7085499 - 06/24/07 12:13 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a union member too(IBEW), and the problem I had wasn't with the union people who work for UPS, because they did their job just fine. The package was delivered on time. My bitch is with the management and their policies. It's flat out wrong to charge $29 to collect $3 in tax. Fed Ex doesn't do it, and the Post Office doesn't do it. That policy cost them a good customer. I've shipped out over 2,000 packages in the last six weeks, so stealing that $29 has cost them a hundred times that amount at least.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineBigrichshrooms
One who wouldsmack you
 User Gallery

Loc: Good Ol Florida
Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7085637 - 06/24/07 12:53 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I never had bad results. I used to only pay no more than 15 bucks when I used to order wholesale items from this one company. I was surprised too because I would recieve sword sets dozens of knives, and staffs. So they would sometimes come in 1-2 boxes. I'm not familiar with their prices but I would imagine that would normally cost a a good amount for large items like that.

then I guess the wholesaler was probably the one that paid the difference.

Only problem I had with them is sometimes it would say one day and it would arive a different day . But always recieved it.

And bro watch out for neighbors, people are thieves

--------------------
Big Rich Grillz......

Offlineemoney
Stranger

Re: UPS RANT... - Ugh [Re: Bigrichshrooms]
    #7088995 - 06/24/07 10:08 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've never had a problem with UPS before. I've had one instance similar to this where the item didn't require a signature but due to my area, the driver opt'ed to hold on to it, leave a note to call them so that they could deliever when someone could sign for it.

I like that kind of service.

So hopefully come tomorrow morning, I will get to speak to the driver and HOPEFULLY that's the case. If not, I'm eff'd out of $100.

And I'll have to wait another week or so before I can start.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #7089157 - 06/24/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I work for the company, and while it is a GREAT place to work, I know how the service goes...

I personally wouldn't ship UPS, because the fees are just so ridiculous and the because I've seen alot of packages broken w/out refunds or insurance payments for customers.

That said, I work part time and have a shit-ton of benefits I dont have to pay for. Health/Dental/Vision/Drug. Tuition reimbursement, and they've been paying me for the last 6 weeks to be out here in Utah working on on my Master's thesis.

So, bad service for the customer. But they treat me well.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order