Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMan in the Box
 User Gallery

Growing Entry with Pics
    #7079956 - 06/22/07 02:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

so ive been growing these 3 cakes for a little while now, i birthed them on day 25 after inoculation when they looked sorta like this, they were fully colonized about almost a week prior to this. One of the cakes was birthed a day after the other two because im using the poor man's terrarium and i needed an extra pop bottle because i screwed up making the other one. Now its been 13 days after all of them have been birthed and im not getting any pinning, the only one i suspect has one little pin, is the cake that had to wait an extra day but it just looks like this little bubble and its growing very slow if its growing at all. Im worried that one of the cakes is contaminated, i thought i had done a good job up til now. Every day i leave them in this little box with christmas lights for about 5-6 hours and i think the temperature reaches about 26 celsius/ 78.8F, is that too hot? and then i leave them in the dark of my closet where its about 23C or 73.4F, I dont what the problem is. I make sure that they are always tightly sealed and i fan them 2 times a day to get CO2 exchange. Can anyone shead some light on here, anything im doing wrong? Ill post more pics later, just ask, but here are two of them, in the first one is that yellow and dark stuff in the middle contam, looks like it, its been there for a while doesnt grow very fast either.. and for the 2nd i dunno if you can see very clearly but you see those little bumps near the bottom, what do you think that is? Thank you for reading this and any comments you have are aprreciated.
[image][/image] [image][/image]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Entry with Pics [Re: Man in the Box]
    #7080974 - 06/22/07 06:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The only thing I didn't see you mention was the humidity. Hopefully you're in the 90%+ range using some perlite in those pop bottles or something. Are the cakes really dried out or something? Have you misted them? The spot on the first picture doesn't alarm me much and in the second picture there may very well be knots forming, though I'm not sure what you're referring to by bumps.

--------------------

OfflineMan in the Box
 User Gallery

Re: Growing Entry with Pics [Re: PoC]
    #7083336 - 06/23/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

perlite.. the tek didnt say anything about that, it said to put a moist paper towel underneath to increase humidity which is what i did. And no the cakes arent dried out completely, should i mist them or something? Here look at them in their little fruiting chamber you can see the condensation on the bottles.

OfflineMan in the Box
 User Gallery

#7084018 - 06/23/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

oh and by bumps i meant this

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#7084134 - 06/23/07 03:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Those tiny speck-like bumps could be knots but maybe not...hard to tell.

We usually use perlite for humidity which works really well. I don't know that moist paper towels are great for it but they might be working. Maybe someone else can chime in and help this fella.

--------------------

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

Loc: wiked wonderland
Re: Growing Entry with Pics [Re: PoC]
    #7084144 - 06/23/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the bumps are knots, you should be using perilite it works much better and will increase your flushes. paper towels are a big contam risk

--------------------
lol i just lied to whoever was reading that.....

OfflineMan in the Box
 User Gallery

Re: Growing Entry with Pics [Re: wikedferret]
    #7084172 - 06/23/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

oh wow really? Big contam risk?... alright thanks guys i think ill make the switch to perlite as soon as possible, this grow guide didnt really say anything about that but I'll take your advice.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder