Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
My 2nd Stuntzii find since Mar 15, 2002
    #707915 - 06/28/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well, today as usual, I was going to the University Village to go shopping walking down 55th street NE and made a few zig-zag walks through different blocks and came across these little baby stuntzii?s.

So I am at it again. Iwas not even looking and they called out to me to go this way and that way and they led me to that spot in my heart.

mj

enjoy the picture. The lawns had been mowed and tese were the surviv0ors. Now I know a new spot to ad to my many others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: My 2nd Stuntzii find since Mar 15, 2002 [Re: mjshroomer]
    #708358 - 06/28/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey MJ nice find!! Hope you had a real shrromy day. I also wanted to ask you a question...I will be posting some pics next week when I get them developed...but here goes. I lve in Ottawa, Canada...right near the Quebec border...and this june luckily for me has seen the most rain on record for many year...lucky for mushrooms. Now my question, along with my usual subbs, casters, microsporia, and olivacious are there any other pann look alikes, and by look alikes I mean I am really damb sure that they are either panns or psilocybes...now I know...I know psilos have purple brown prints and panns have black...but these are border line purple/black sometimes even purple/brown, and I am more than positive they are active...and not foenescii...because they blue at the base, and have much thicker stipes and largers caps than foenescii. I am stumped. As for habitat they grow in thick grass, usually with some clover and occasionally on new lawns too...anyways just wondering, you will have a better idea of what I mean when you see the pics, actually they also kind of look like those stunzi..but they have no ring...cheers, don't worry if you can't help...I will post the pics soon.

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: My 2nd Stuntzii find since Mar 15, 2002 [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #708408 - 06/28/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Panaeolus papilionaceus is very close to if not actually con-specific with Panaeolus subbalteatus.

In fact Stamets erred in descibing it as Panaeolus sphinctrinus.

Anyway, Pn subs are an early spring and an early fall mushroom. More common in rotted hay than in manure.

Wait till later and you should be able to find liberty caps.

Have a shroomy day.

mj

OfflineNewHunter
help
Loc: Washington
    #708552 - 06/28/02 04:40 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

all right, there comming back, i am gonna hvae to keep my eyes on my spot. Good Find MJ

--------------------
RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: My 2nd Stuntzii find since Mar 15, 2002 [Re: NewHunter]
    #708720 - 06/28/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

yeah...doubt they are papilonaceus though, unless they get bigger than the pics I have seen...maybe there are just a few sub types of these various panns that I have been finding...I know subbs are more common in spring and early fall...but like I said the weather has been very unusual in this part of the world this June...a record rainfall and when it hasn't been raining it has been nice and sunny...with cool evenings. For the first few times out hunting I was finding foenescii, subbs, casters, microsporia, olivacious...but with all of the extra rain varieties seem to be popping up that I have no idea what they are...certainly active and they fit in with the panns but they are just a little different, but in groups...not mutations...of course I come accross mutations too...like the joined caps etc. Anyways, hate to ramble...I am not worried they are poisonous or anything...I know eneugh about mushrooms to have eliminated anything like that...just can't stand not knowing exactly what they are...I guess the pics will have to show what I mean.

Cheers...and nice stunzi again

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
    #709197 - 06/28/02 07:34 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

THEM THERE ARE MAGIC MUSHROOMS! YOU EAT THOSE, YER HEAD'LL GO ALL FUNNY ON YA!

BTW, YOU'RE REFERED TO IN THE BAEOSYSTIS SECTION OF OUR VIDEO as "UNCLE JOHN" -

XOXO
matt, so

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #709294 - 06/28/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

We are having some good rain here in WA I hope they start popping up in around my pad.

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#709817 - 06/28/02 10:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Omg...those look like the shrooms ive found here before growing in lawns. All the pix of stunziis look way different...but those, I know have seen before. Those look way more like the ones down here in norcal.

Invisiblespoonman

Loc: South Goat Choke Pass, Ma...
    #710113 - 06/29/02 02:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

MJS,

awesome find. Finding magic mushrooms in a city environment is magical in itself.

The spring up for a reason, you know

OfflineNewHunter
help
Re: My 2nd Stuntzii find since Mar 15, 2002 [Re: spoonman]
    #710836 - 06/29/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i have asked this before and go tno replies so i figured i would try one more time, i have read a lot looking for this info and can't find it anywhere so here goes...

With Ps. Stuntzii i know that they grow all over here in the great Pacific Northwest but i was just wondering when it is early in the season does elevation make a difference? My favorite spot to pick them is at about 400 feet, well they come in around sea level first then spread up or when they start will they just go all over? I am just want to know if i am just wasting my time looking around here when i would have better chances at a lower elevation this time of the year.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: My 2nd Stuntzii find since Mar 15, 2002 [Re: NewHunter]
    #710937 - 06/29/02 11:02 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

P.stuntzii sometimes will grow profusely all year round and then other times from July through December and maybe into the next year if the weather is warmer and no freeze occurs.

They an grow an sea level and up to around 1000 feet altitude. They are originally a pasture mushroom but very rare in the pastures and very abnundant in man made environments.

ITs a conditional thing. The weather has to be right for them. We had a freeze this spring, a long one actually since it snowed in March and April here. And was cold throughout all of May.

I am sure there are patches up in abundance. But they are scattered in the region between Eugene, Oregon and BC, Canada.

Good luck in picking.

mj

I usually find patches when I am not really not looking for them. If I go picking by myself and wander around the city I always find someting. When I go with groups of people, I do not always find them with others unless I go to a place where I know they already are.

I seem to do okay alone in hunting and I am not bothered by others and no attention is given to a single picker as opposed to three or four people bent over in a lawn on someones property which does attract undue attention to the pickers.

OfflineNewHunter
help
    #710959 - 06/29/02 11:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks MJ, i am just gonna have to keep my eyes open WIDE. I agree with you i usually go by myself it is just a lot easier, i only really pick with one other person that i know, he knows just as much as i do about mushrooms so i can trust him. I walked through my spot today again and still found nothing but since it is a saturday i could not really just go out and look how i would like. I will go looking on my lunch break on monday and i will post back any results. Thanks a lot for the info MJ. If i dont see any out there i might just have to go to my other spots.

I hope that the baeo's start commin up with them too! get a couple of those guys and a good dose a stuntzii and it adds a great visual high with the good body high i get from stuntzii!

--------------------

Edited by NewHunter (06/29/02 11:18 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate