Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEnigmAxxxx
Stranger
New to Shrooms
    #7071484 - 06/20/07 07:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I tried to post this in the forum most relevant to my topic (i hope i chose the right one).

Ive wanted to try shrooms for a long time and today my friend told me he bought some. He said he got 5 shrooms for like 70 bucks. Of course the seller said they were the best kind of shrooms and the hardest to find. Naturally i had a few questions so thats why i came here :smile:

1. We plan on splitting the 5 shrooms up between 3 people, although id like to know what a recommended dosage would be for someone new to the drug (this will be the first time taking shrooms for all 3 of us)Also i have to work at 9:30AM tomorrow and we will probably start taking them at around midnight, so im wondering what dosage i should take so im not tripping while at work lol.

2. We were also informed that since the shrooms taste like shit, they taste decent if you eat them on a angus beef burger from Burger King, Anyone know if this is true?

3. With the limited options of where we will do it we are stuck with my friends apartment, but i heard that taking shrooms while outdoors like camping or just surrounded by nature made it better. So should i stay in the house the whole time or take a nice stroll outside?

4. Of course the seller said we were getting the best of the best, i was wondering if indeed we did get the best. Having not seen the shrooms myself, my friend just told me they were blue. Are blue shrooms high quality?

5. Im a big fan of the bands Tool, and Nine inch Nails. Do you guys think listening to these bands while tripping would be a good idea/fun experience?

6. I drink and smoke weed so im not a total noob to drugs, but i was wondering how different tripping on shrooms was compared to getting drunk or high.

Thanks in advance and i hope you guys can help me :smile:

PS: If this was posted in the wrong forum can a mod/admin move it to the right one?

Edited by EnigmAxxxx (06/20/07 07:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: New to Shrooms [Re: EnigmAxxxx]
    #7071523 - 06/20/07 07:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

eating em with buger king doesnt sound wise.

yes go out side

blue-green color is the drug and you cant really gauge drug content on how blue are most active plsiomushrooms will be blue

and its not like being high or drunk. its differnt.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: New to Shrooms [Re: thedudenj]
    #7071530 - 06/20/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

and I think this should be in psych experiences

--------------------

OfflineEnigmAxxxx
Stranger
    #7071535 - 06/20/07 07:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What would you recommend i eat them with? (I also heard pizza is fine?)I read the different levels of tripping from this site so i have a small idea what it should be like.

Also, sorry for posting it in the wrong forum, hopefully a mod can move it for me? :smile:

Edited by EnigmAxxxx (06/20/07 07:59 PM)

OfflineI Like Alkaloids
Brought Back to Life
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountains, U.S. Flag
    #7071731 - 06/20/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
its not like being high or drunk. its differnt.

To say the least! :cool:

--------------------
A lot of people here are assholes, but so am I...

:cool:

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
    #7071773 - 06/20/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EnigmAxxxx said:
What would you recommend i eat them with?

I just nibble them and wash them down with a little juice. Nibble with front teeth, don't chew them with your molars.

5 mushrooms for $70? I hope they are big. You want at least a gram per person- two grams would be better.

Tripping at midnight and then working tomorrow is really not a good idea, though. I think you should wait until you have the next day off. IMO.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
    #7071805 - 06/20/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EnigmAxxxx said:
I tried to post this in the forum most relevant to my topic (i hope i chose the right one).

This would go best in The Psychedelic Experience

Quote:

1. We plan on splitting the 5 shrooms up between 3 people, although id like to know what a recommended dosage would be for someone new to the drug (this will be the first time taking shrooms for all 3 of us)Also i have to work at 9:30AM tomorrow and we will probably start taking them at around midnight, so im wondering what dosage i should take so im not tripping while at work lol.

The weight and dose of 5 mushrooms could vary greatly.  It depends on size, density, and species of mushroom.  There is no accurate way you are going to get dosage info unless you can weight them.  You can get a cheap scale from any smoke shop.

A trip will tend to last 4-6 hours depending on dosage, metabolism, and the amount of food in your stomach.  You are probably going to feel shitty if you take them at midnight and go to work at 9am, but you should be done tripping by then.

Quote:

2. We were also informed that since the shrooms taste like shit, they taste decent if you eat them on a angus beef burger from Burger King, Anyone know if this is true?

Yeah they taste kind of bad.  You can eat them with anything that would disguise taste.  Examples of what I have tried include "PB & J & Shroom Sandwich", "Shroom Pizza", and I have put small pieces in juices and water before and swallowed it all down.

Whatever you eat them with, try to keep it light.  When there is food in your stomach, the Psilocybin will take longer to be absorbed by your body than on an empty stomach.

Quote:

3. With the limited options of where we will do it we are stuck with my friends apartment, but i heard that taking shrooms while outdoors like camping or just surrounded by nature made it better. So should i stay in the house the whole time or take a nice stroll outside?

Stay inside for awhile until you can judge the effect the mushrooms are having on you.  If you really think you can keep good control of yourself, take a little stroll.

Quote:

4. Of course the seller said we were getting the best of the best, i was wondering if indeed we did get the best. Having not seen the shrooms myself, my friend just told me they were blue. Are blue shrooms high quality?

99% of the time when you buy mushrooms you are getting Psilocybe Cubensis.  Potency of this species can vary depending on how they were grown and (arguably) what strain they are.  Nearly all active mushrooms will turn blue when dried/damaged/bruised.  Blueness is not an indicator of potency, and not all mushrooms that turn blue are active.

Quote:

5. Im a big fan of the bands Tool, and Nine inch Nails. Do you guys think listening to these bands while tripping would be a good idea/fun experience?

Might be okay.  I prefer lighter more ambient music when tripping but to each his own.  Have a wide variety of music available to pick from in case you don't like listening to NIN or Tool.

Quote:

6. I drink and smoke weed so im not a total noob to drugs, but i was wondering how different tripping on shrooms was compared to getting drunk or high.

Being on shrooms is not really comparable to being drunk or high.  It's a totally different experience.  Try reading some trip reports from here: http://erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Mushrooms.shtml

Also, it may not be a good idea for all three of you to trip unless you are going to have a sober person watching over.  The effects of mushrooms can be very unpredictable and it would be bad if something were to go wrong with the three of you alone.  Perhaps one of you can sit out this time while the other two trip?

Good luck and positive vibes!
:smile::mushroom2::heart:

--------------------

OfflineEnigmAxxxx
Stranger
Re: New to Shrooms [Re: Dr_T]
    #7071807 - 06/20/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i work at a movie theatre, so no early customers and the boss that opens with me doesnt give a shit so im not too woried about working tomorrow, but i might do it tomorrow just in case.

Also, what are the after effects of tripping? (like being hungover from drinking)

What kind of juice? or does it really matter (i heard Orange juice enhances the trip but i also heard it makes it wear off faster.)

Also, in response to the above poster. We will have a sober person at the house... well he owns the house so we got someone there.

Edited by EnigmAxxxx (06/20/07 08:46 PM)

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7071835 - 06/20/07 08:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EnigmAxxxx said:
Also, what are the after effects of tripping? (like being hungover from drinking)

Same day you might feel kinda tired, worn out, and spacey. I've never noticed any effects the next day...except a nice positive afterglow.

Quote:

What kind of juice? or does it really matter (i heard Orange juice enhances the trip but i also heard it makes it wear off faster.)

Some people say any citric juice will enhance a trip. Others will argue against that claim. A lot of people think powdered shrooms in lemon juice makes the mushrooms more potent.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: New to Shrooms [Re: Cakes]
    #7071858 - 06/20/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ha ha dried not cubes

nature dried

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7071891 - 06/20/07 09:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:confused:

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: New to Shrooms [Re: Cakes]
    #7071977 - 06/20/07 09:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

they are magic mushrooms...:shocked:

--------------------

InvisibleWilliamsii
Explorer

#7074474 - 06/21/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The fact that you need to go to work the next day will be on your mind and might affect your trip. I advise you be as relaxed
as possible with the next day off. Also, (I know this is subjective) I prefer tripping during a bright sunny day in nature. It makes me feel a lot freer, closer to nature and we all know how the sun makes you feel happier. I also find unnatural things and built up areas have a lot of negative energy when I'm tripping so another reason to be in nature.

I know how anticipation and excitement will make you want to take them as soon as possible but believe me it is a better idea to have patience and wait until the time is right and you have plenty of free time. Also, make sure you don't have any worries on you mind or have done in the few days before a trip as it will become heightened and more pronounced and could possible cause a bad trip.

Yeah, you need to weigh those guys up, I agree with Cakes. 1-2 grams each and that still isn't definite, be careful.

Otherwise, I hope you have a wonderful introduction into the psychedelic world. Don't try and control it, just let it flow through you and take you on a technicolour journey.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: New to Shrooms [Re: Williamsii]
    #7076111 - 06/21/07 04:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

controling it is only for the magic people and its their job

--------------------

OfflineEnigmAxxxx
Stranger
    #7076270 - 06/21/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ok guys, i did it last night. Now i was really disappointed because i dont think i was tripping. I was mistaken when i said my friend got 5 shrooms for 70$, it was actually 5 grams for 70. We split the 5 grams up into 4 equal portions so we each had a little over a gram.

This pic should help determine how much i had (my finger is there to show scale.)

Also, i dont know how shrooms are supposed to look, but these had goldish caps with blue/white stems. (if you cant make it out in the pic). They were dried.

Since someone mentioned not to take them with a cheeseburger i decided to break the shrooms into small pieces and i put the pieces in some Arizona Iced Tea and i drank that down (swallowing, not chewing the pieces). 2 of my friends put em in a double cheeseburger from McDonalds, and 1 friend just munched on the shrooms alone.

Stupidly, i ate some food before taking the shrooms so i was kinda full. So i was expecting the shrooms to take a while to absorb and the effects to start happening. About 30-45 min after taking the shrooms i started to get a little sick so i was happy that they seemed to be working. Then my only sober friend there (he has done shrooms 3 times) wanted to smoke some weed. Since i wasnt feeling anything, and the fact that he suggested i smoke to set off the shrooms i smoked. Now either this was the best weed ive had or it affected me with the shrooms because i was SOOO damn high.

You guys said being high and tripping are so different, so thats why i think i didnt trip at all since i just felt really really high. I didnt get any of the effects that shrooms have on you (at least i dont think) So i was kinda curious as to what happened??? Im definitely gonna do it again since i wasnt satisfied with this time.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what i can do differently next time so i have a really trippy experience?

Edited by EnigmAxxxx (06/21/07 05:05 PM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#7078019 - 06/22/07 12:12 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yah, take 2+ grams and either grind them up into a powder or chew em real good. Making your own mushroom choco's is easy and masks the taste.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract