Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSurCal
Stranger

Astral projecting
    #7068314 - 06/20/07 01:21 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Is it Bull shit or what? Because i heard you can supposedly have them from lucid dreaming but i can lucid dream almost at will and never really had a astral projection. The thing ive come closest to was i remeber i suddenly became lucid in my dream and i was floating above my bed but it had a TRIPPY ass feeling and i got scared and tried to wake up and suddenly i felt like i was being sucked through like a black vortex it was scary as fuck. So have any of you had them? Your thoughts on it? If it is true were are we when we astral project is it our souls in the physical world ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Astral projecting [Re: SurCal]
    #7068341 - 06/20/07 01:29 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It's bull. :thumbdown:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineSurCal
Stranger

Re: Astral projecting [Re: Diploid]
    #7068347 - 06/20/07 01:31 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yea i kinda think so too that shyt just sounds like it was made up from some guy who did waytoomany drugs lol they all probably are just dreaming that theyre astral projecting

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7068363 - 06/20/07 01:37 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Astral projection has been tested many times. It never works. There's even a million dollar prize offered to the first person to astral project in a verifiable controlled test.

The prize has been on the table since the 60s. No one has ever even come close to winning it.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
    #7068387 - 06/20/07 01:48 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've read studies that support it, like a man who projected himself to another state and reported what he seen in a predetermined apartment, which was later noted to be what really was there. But thats just what I read, I've never projected (although I tried for a while), and have had a few lucid dreams too.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Astral projecting [Re: joekenorer]
    #7068399 - 06/20/07 01:52 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Link please?

--------------------
Republican Values:

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#7068411 - 06/20/07 01:56 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Actually I think its in a PDF file I have on my comp. Hold on and I'll copy/paste it.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#7068422 - 06/20/07 02:01 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

In 1932 Mrs. Garrett worked with several well-known psychiatrists and scientists who were then interested in the problem of telepathy and a test was arranged for her in New York:
"I knew for myself," she said, "that in order to accomplish the experiment successfully, I wouldhave to use conscious projection in order to arrive at the destination in Newfoundland which I expected to reach."
Giving an account of her experience, she continues: "In my projected state in that place in Newfoundland, where the experiment was set up, I found myself not only at the place of the experiment, but before I entered the house, I was able to see the garden and the sea, as well as the house I was supposed to enter; I actually sensed the damp of the atmosphere and saw the flowers growing by the pathway. Then I passed through the walls and I was inside the room in which the experiment was to take place. There was no one there and I looked up the staircase, searching for the experimentor I had been told would be there. If I had to move upstairs to find him that would mean additional effort on my part, but fortunately he walked down the stairs at that moment and entered the room which I knew had been selected for the experiment. What took place then included notonly telepathy but the entire range of supernormal sensing, including clairvoyance, clairaudience and precognition. The Doctor, in this experiment, himself had powers of supernormal sensing, and was obviously aware of my presence and that the experiment had begun. In what I am about to relate, the proof of our mutual awareness will soon become evident.
"Speaking aloud and addressing me he said: 'This will be a successful experiment,' and 1, sitting in a New York room, was able to receive this speech, seemingly through my physical hearing. The investigator in Newfoundland addressed my DOUBLE which I had projected into his study, and said, 'Now look at the objects on the table.' I followed his direction from that moment on, in much the same way as a hypnotised person responds to suggestion.
I could see the objects on the table, not by means of ordinary sight but through clairvoyant vision; I then gave a description of what I saw, to the notetaker with me in New York. I heard the Doctor say, 'Make my apologies to the experimentors at your end. I have had an accident and cannot work as well as I had hoped.' I transmitted what I was hearing in Newfoundland to the notetaker in New York in exact words, which had been spoken to me and I also described the bandage on the Doctor's head.
This had scarcely been done when I heard the experimentor in New York comment, in an aside: "This can't possibly be true, because I had a letter a few days ago and the Doctor was quite well then."
"The experiment continued and I remained in my projected state: I followed the activity of the investigator in Newfoundland. The next thing he did was to walk slowly to his bookcase in his room; before he reached it I knew that he was thinking of a certain book, and I knew its position on the shelf: this was telepathy. He took it down and held it up in his hands with definitely the idea that 1, being present could read its title, and he then opened it and, without speaking, read to himself a paragraph out of this volume. The book was about Einstein and his theories of relativity. The paragraph he had selected he read through silently, and as he did so I was able to receive from his mind the telepathic impressions of what he read. The sense of his reading I reported to the stenographer, in my own words, while she sat in the room in New York.
In the meantime, the experimentor, speaking aloud, told me in my projected state, that during this experiment he too had projected himself into the bedroom in New York of the psychiatrist who was his co-experimentor. He proceeded to describe the two photographs that he had actually seen there on this previous visit (physical) to New York but he now explained in Newfoundland that these photographs had been put away, and the bedroom of his friend had been redecorated since his actual physical visit.
"This was the end of the experiment and the recorder commented when it was over that the entire proceeding had taken fifteen minutes. Had this experiment rested on telepathy alone I could never have reached nor seen the experimentor, the locality of the room and set-up for the experiment. All that pure telepathy could have produced would have been THE THOUGHTS IN THE EXPERIMENTOR'S MIND AND THE IMPRESSION OF THE WORDS HE HAD SPOKEN ALOUD TO ME. . .
"The record of the experiment in New York was posted that night to the doctor in Newfoundland. Next morning a telegram was received from him; in it he described an accident which had occurred just before we had commenced our experiment and a day later a letter was received from him, listing the steps of the experiment as he had planned it. The telegram proved that I had not only heard his message correctly when he spoke to my DOUBLE there, but I had actually perceived his bandaged head... From his letter, we learned he had used a table and placed upon it a series of objects which I had seen correctly by means of CLAIRVOYANCE; every step of my description of his behaviour turned out also to be correct. The book he removed from the shelf, the title and the subject matter he read to himself, were as I described them when received through my own conscious projection and my application of clairvoyance and telepathy." *
• Man Outside Himself by H.F. Prevost Battersby (University Books Inc.)

--------------------

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#7068429 - 06/20/07 02:03 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Well, it wasn't specifically astral projection, but instead clairvoyant projection. Almost the same though. This is an excerpt from a book I have called "Techniques of Astral Projection". Its pretty interesting, but again, I was never able to attain any astral plane.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7068438 - 06/20/07 02:07 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

That is anecdote (someone just saying so), not a controlled experiment.

No proper controlled experiment has ever turned up even the slightest evidence that astral projection is real.

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7068443 - 06/20/07 02:09 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

A more proper test of AP is to have someone open a phone book to some random page and place it in the next room, then have the person claiming to astral project tell the experimenter what page the phone book in the next room is open to.

When you lock the experiment into such a framework where cheating and self-deception can't occur, the test always fails.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#7068449 - 06/20/07 02:11 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

No controlled experiment has ever proved that I like french fries either, but its true. Not that I'm supporting astral projection theory, but posting a link to anything is just someone else "saying so" anyway, so fuck it. Noone can prove it, but noone can disprove it either. We just have to live in mystery I guess.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #7068462 - 06/20/07 02:17 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

but posting a link to anything is just someone else "saying so"

But actually telling an experimenter what page the phone book is open to is hard evidence, not just saying so. This has never happened and the million dollar prize continues to go unclaimed.

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7068472 - 06/20/07 02:21 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

A more proper test of AP is to have someone open a phone book to some random page ...

I am 'seeing' Ralph's Pizzaria. What do I win?

--------------------

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Re: Astral projecting [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7068478 - 06/20/07 02:24 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, Im seeing John Smith! What're the odds?

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #7069498 - 06/20/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

astral projection exists, the only questions is what it is.

When i say it exists i mean it refers to a state of mind that is actually experienced by millions of people throughout history and living today.

Diploid points out (correctly) that astral projection does not seem to be an out of body sojourn in the physical realm. Thus, you probably can not read a message taped on someones actual physical wall or spy on your neighbour.

However, astral projection can be experienced, and as a subjective experience it is both fascinating and mysterious.

I personally believe it is some exotic hallucinatory/spiritual/dream state. While in this state i have done my own scientific tests, and determined that NO the things you see in the astral world do not correspond with the real world.

Once during astral projection/out of body experience/lucid dream i floated up to my roof and noted that there were pink flowers growing there. in real life of course no such flowers exist. I also floated through an open door and when i awoke noted that this door was in reality closed.

However, for fun and adventure astral projection is quite intriguing.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineSurCal
Stranger

Re: Astral projecting [Re: Moonshoe]
    #7071198 - 06/20/07 06:49 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
astral projection exists, the only questions is what it is.

When i say it exists i mean it refers to a state of mind that is actually experienced by millions of people throughout history and living today.

Diploid points out (correctly) that astral projection does not seem to be an out of body sojourn in the physical realm. Thus, you probably can not read a message taped on someones actual physical wall or spy on your neighbour.

However, astral projection can be experienced, and as a subjective experience it is both fascinating and mysterious.

I personally believe it is some exotic hallucinatory/spiritual/dream state. While in this state i have done my own scientific tests, and determined that NO the things you see in the astral world do not correspond with the real world.

Once during astral projection/out of body experience/lucid dream i floated up to my roof and noted that there were pink flowers growing there. in real life of course no such flowers exist. I also floated through an open door and when i awoke noted that this door was in reality closed.

However, for fun and adventure astral projection is quite intriguing.

Lucid Dreaming.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7071297 - 06/20/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i dunno its your word as someone who has never done it versus the people i have done it with. now let us assume this is just a hallucination, well damn then were good at making each other hallucinate of distances, so whats the differance... I send my soul to the person they encounter it then report back whoa i just saw you or felt your spirit but im way beyond that any way.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineSurCal
Stranger

Re: Astral projecting [Re: thedudenj]
    #7071326 - 06/20/07 07:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i dunno its your word as someone who has never done it versus the people i have done it with. now let us assume this is just a hallucination, well damn then were good at making each other hallucinate of distances, so whats the differance... I send my soul to the person they encounter it then report back whoa i just saw you or felt your spirit but im way beyond that any way.

If you are confident in your projecting why not take the million dollar prize?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7071331 - 06/20/07 07:18 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

cause its not my way first off, second i only can do it with people i have a strong connection with, either from this life or a prior life.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order