Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter?
    #7063784 - 06/18/07 11:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2007/06/are_there_fewer.html

Joe Lambe has a report on the state of illegal drugs in Jackson County. The big statistic: "The number of drug cases filed in Jackson County dropped nearly 25 percent last year to the lowest level in five years." There's some debate over what that means. Is drug enforcement scaring away business? Or have the dealers just gotten smarter about how they operate?

The story also talks about the tendency of the small-fry drug dealers to get caught and then magically reappear on your local corner. From the story:

(Circuit Judge Bob) Beaird releases most offenders on signature bonds. Most later plead guilty and get probation.

Beaird said he cannot shove the many small dealers and users into a jail crowded with more violent and dangerous people. Many probationers go back to selling more than once before they push him or other judges far enough to send them to prisons.

“If you keep at it, you’re eventually going to do time,” he said
-----
I like the quote: "The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuos the people will be" -Tao Te Ching, written over 2,000 years ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineidreamofpiggies
I'm Da Moon!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter? [Re: rawtoxic]
    #7064090 - 06/19/07 12:51 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that's prietty interesting stuff

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. - marianne williamson

What I do nobody notices... Till it stops - Garry Talent on the Bass.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter? [Re: rawtoxic]
    #7065083 - 06/19/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like big trouble for the local police drug enforcement units... less drug related crime = less money given their department HAHA

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter? [Re: chodamunky]
    #7065243 - 06/19/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ya, the dealers are just getting smarter. Dealers are acting more like supply chain solution guys. They merely hook up the sellers with the buyers.

Then they distribute the drugs amongst many smaller, low key and low volume sellers. Small profits are gained by these sellers and greater profits for the supply chain manager(drug dealer). All this while leaving less vulnerability to the low volume seller and less visibility of the real dealer.

Drug dealers(supply chain managers) have great incentive to create a supply and distribution network that minimizes risk, so it seems that they probably are.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineKamin
Male

Re: Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter? [Re: Nephlyte]
    #7065349 - 06/19/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Or, law enforcement is getting dumber...

OfflineMuufokfok
aka BoxyBrown
Male User Gallery

Loc: america's wang Flag
Re: Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter? [Re: Kamin]
    #7065970 - 06/19/07 02:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kamin said:

:lol:

--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
    #7066208 - 06/19/07 03:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kamin said:

That's like saying "water is getting wetter."

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
    #7066287 - 06/19/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kamin said:

smart guy

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter? [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #7068767 - 06/20/07 06:26 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know. You think it's all peachy when all of a sudden BAM! your local dealer or even yourself get busted for whateverreasons. I thought this too, and thought that I must know of 'smarter' dealers than I used to (the odd kid slinging sacks of weed back in teenage years).

But then, for the past couple of months, Tasmania police have been going absolutely fucking BERSERK! There have been countless busts of big and small time players in the industry all over the state, and it's kinda scary because everyone around me is falling down, and I'm not dealing, but I associate and know these people, and often possess drugs for personal use... and i'm getting worried... but then, it comes in waves, and people will always figure out a way to outsmart the law until the law figures out how to outsmart them, it's like a constant game of leapfrog that never ever ever ends

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Are there fewer drug dealers? Or have they just gotten smarter? [Re: indica]
    #7068770 - 06/20/07 06:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

PS - invisible woe - is that anton szandor lavey in your avatar? if so... wtf

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains