Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
San pedro seedling questions.
    #7060532 - 06/18/07 08:17 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I did some searching but couldn't find any conclusive information on this. I ordered 1000xSan Pedro seeds off of eBay, and I plan on growing them in groups of 200 (I have an enclosed climate-controlled greenhouse). What are the steps I need to take to get these seeds started? and at what point to I start routine care? Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: San pedro seedling questions. [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #7060574 - 06/18/07 08:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

There's lots of info out there for starting peyote seeds, just follow that info. Basically, what you do is start the seeds in individual pots that are enclosed in a humidity tent. Seeds are kept at high humidity for a few months and then gradually get them used to less. Bottom heat is useful to start the seeds also. Good Luck!

InvisibleWilliamsii
Explorer

#7060633 - 06/18/07 09:22 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Offlineone time post
HorticulturalSurgeon
Male User Gallery
Loc: A Tropical Backwater
    #7060813 - 06/18/07 10:17 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Easy and foolproof ? This is what I do, and it works well every time. For growing medium 2/3 FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil, 1/3 medium Perlite. Buy one of those throw-away aluminum baking dishes with the clear plastic lid. Pop 15 - 20 small holes in the bottom of the pan for drainage. Fill the dish with soil, leaving about 1" space below the top of the pan. OPTIONAL : Soak soil with Chinsol or Superol, as per accompanying directions. These products are fungicides and will prevent damping-off. If you don't use them, sterilize soil before using (microwave, oven). After soil is in pan, soak it with fungicide or water, and allow to drain. Broadcast the seeds evenly over the top of the soil, and spray the soil with water bottle to wet the seeds. Put the lid on, and place under 3 23w CFL's (6500K color temp). The soil surface will stay damp for at least a week, but should be checked every day. If soil becomes slightly dry, mist with the spray bottle, but DO NOT SOAK. Soaking wil cause algae and moss which can get out of control. After 2 months, start acclimating the seedlings to lower humidity, leaving the cover off the pan for sometime everyday. Once this is done, bottom water. Place the pan on a cookie sheet, and fill the cookie sheet with water. When the soil in the pan appears damp, remove it from the cookie sheet. Repeat when almost dry. After cover comes off, they can be acclimated to sunlight, although the strongest sunlight should be filtered. Here's some pics that might help --

These pics are Trich's, germed at Xmas and pricked out this weekend. Any questions ? OTP

--------------------
I'm as honest as a dealing man can be -- Jerry Garcia

Check my Trade List : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/172698

Offlinewang_chung00
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: almost nyc
Re: San pedro seedling questions. [Re: one time post]
    #7062096 - 06/18/07 03:28 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

what kind of cover are you using on the pans? a transparent humidity holding cover or the aluminum cover to the baking dish?

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~HST

Offlineone time post
HorticulturalSurgeon
Male User Gallery
Loc: A Tropical Backwater
Re: San pedro seedling questions. [Re: wang_chung00]
    #7064383 - 06/19/07 03:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wang_chung00 said:
what kind of cover are you using on the pans? a transparent humidity holding cover or the aluminum cover to the baking dish?

Sorry, not very comprehensive pics ... a transparent humidity holding cover ... In the tropical backwater I call home, these covered pans are sold in many shapes and sizes at most grocery stores -- OTP.

--------------------
I'm as honest as a dealing man can be -- Jerry Garcia

Check my Trade List : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/172698

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates