Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
cross-tolerance
    #7054152 - 06/16/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wikipedia says that LSD exhibits cross-tolerance with mushrooms and mescaline, basically that if you were to do LSD and then eat mushrooms the next day you'd actually have tolerance to the mushrooms from the LSD. But a friend of mine said that he could eat mushrooms one day and then would take LSD the next to trip again without the tolerance he'd have with mushrooms.

What have you guys experienced with this?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: cross-tolerance [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7055489 - 06/17/07 02:21 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

There is some cross tolerance between LSD and Mushrooms but I'm sure he would still trip balls if he took a good dose. If you dropped acid one day then ate like 2.3 the next day I think you'd notice a difference.

I've never seen or noticed a cross tolerance between mescaline and LSD. But mescaline and psilocybin I have noticed a cross tolerance first hand.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: cross-tolerance [Re: wireless]
    #7056214 - 06/17/07 09:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'd say that there is cross-tollerance between the two.

I went to Mutek a few weekends ago, and think on the Friday and the Saturday I ended up doing mushrooms (and quite a bit on Sat to overcome the tolerance from Friday), then did LSD on the Sunday (3 hits) - and knowing the LSD I took, the trip should of been a bit more 'intense', however - there seemed to be a bit of a neat synergestic effect also. What the trip lacked in intensity, it had gaiend a 'something else'.

Either way, I ended up turning the trip into a hippy-flip (did an E and some more shrooms a few hours into the peak), and it thrust me into the most spectacular trip I've had in a LONG time.

My partner however, only did 1 hit of the same LSD, and commented that he didnt really feel the LSD that much. (he did feel it, but not nearly as much as he expected). So yes, there is a tollerance, so you will need to up your dosage the next day after - but you can still trip, and still have a fully enjoyable trip.

I later ended up re-dosing LSD quite a few hours later - and while I never 'peaked' again, it did maintain a very enjoyable psychedelic state. I'd say my 'favorite' period of LSD, is more around the 6-7 hour mark - just a few hours after the peak, but baseline is still a few hours away, and re-dosing sort of kept me in that space and I had a fantastic time.

Even as 'recreational' as the trip was (was at a music festival), it was probably also one of my most rewarding ones in a long time - dug through alot of mental baggage, worked out alot of personal (intra and inter) issues, and was floating on cloud-9 for the week after feeling the best and most motivated I have in awhile.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
Re: cross-tolerance [Re: kaniz]
    #7056556 - 06/17/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering this same thing last night.

--------------------
Grow Room

OfflinePennenga
Stranger
Re: cross-tolerance [Re: drSE]
    #7073429 - 06/21/07 02:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The most cross-tolerant building drug I believe is DXM.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: cross-tolerance [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7073826 - 06/21/07 06:04 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Cross-tolerance is certainly a consideration.  Actually, I experienced it (again) a few days ago.  I had eaten a medium-small dose of mushrooms, and as I came down 3-4 hours later I ate a hit of acid on a lark.  What I expected to happen is what happened: The LSD did not affect me nearly as much as it would have had I not eaten the mushrooms.  I tripped, but it was relatively mild.  That didn't keep me from having a delightful DMT/salvia session though, then staying up for a couple days. :wink:

The thing (or one of the things) which makes it potentially difficult to accurately gauge ones cross-tolerance between mushrooms and LSD is that, since acid is so potent (concentrated by weight), it's harder to figure out exactly how many micrograms you're ingesting--vs. with mushrooms, where you know exactly how many grams you're ingesting.  If you take a medium dose of shrooms one day and take two doses of acid the next day then you're probably not going to notice much of a cross-tolerance.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate