Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
bought a used All American PC on ebay, arrived quite used. Cleaning questions.
    #7047968 - 06/14/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Bought a used All American 15qt Pressure Canner on ebay, and it arrived quite ugly. I got it for $80 plus shipping, so not really a bad deal if I can clean it up just a bit and use it.

I was looking into cleaning aluminum, as this PC has quite a bit of dull scale looking spots on it. They recommend using a hot vinegar/water solution to clean it, and I'm wondering if PCing the vinegar and water solution would be a bad idea or not. I figure that would get it into all the appropriate nooks and crannies, but I don't wanna ruin it either.

The pressure gauge also reads three lbs or so when nothing is in the PC, so I'm wondering if cleaning it will possibly help the gauge read correctly, or if anyone knows about repair/replacement of a gauge on an All American PC.

I think I know how to use it, but just to clarify, After putting a bit of water in it and a couple of jars held off of the bottom with either a rack or jar lids as in RR's video, I would put on the lid and tighten it down, close the release valve thingy, put the fire on high until it's at 15 lbs of pressure, then lower the heat to low to keep the pressure at 15 lbs, correct? If it goes over by a couple of lbs, it's not going to ruin anything, is it?

Thanks for your help.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheFish
Shakedown Street
Male User Gallery

Re: bought a used All American PC on ebay, arrived quite used. Cleaning questions. [Re: PinheadX]
    #7047985 - 06/14/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Does it have a toggle valve or a weight?

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand,
Says, 'Don't you see?'
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.
Don't give it up.
You got an empty cup only love can fill."

Jerry Garcia

Invisibled4a2n0k
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: bought a used All American PC on ebay, arrived quite used. Cleaning questions. [Re: PinheadX]
    #7047998 - 06/14/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

First, if your gage doesn't read "0" then you need to buy a new one before doing anything.

Second, when heating up the cooker, do so with the "release valve" in the open position. This will allow the lid to heat evenly and create a proper seal.

Third, I wouldn't worry too much about the cooker being cosmetically dirty. I would clean the seal really well. As well as you can clean it without damaging it. Just make sure its functional, and not filthy, and you'll be fine.

--------------------
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

#7048005 - 06/14/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

also, this thing didn't come with a weight. I don't think this model actually uses a weight. Seems to have a toggle valve instead. I'll post pics...

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

- Philip K. Dick

Invisibled4a2n0k
The Dude
Male User Gallery

#7048021 - 06/14/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I should have been more clear. That toggle valve is what I called the "release valve" when it is in the up position it is open. This is where you want it when your heating up the cooker. Once it has been blowing steam for a few minutes, flip it to the down position and then the pressure will rise.

--------------------
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

#7048029 - 06/14/07 11:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

[image][/image][image][/image][image][/image][image][/image]

well, a new gauge is $15, so I guess I'm ordering one now...

--------------------
- Alan Rockefeller

- Philip K. Dick

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder