Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Chem Trails (Alluminum Oxide) effect on mushroom growth?
    #7032627 - 06/11/07 07:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've noticed odd chem trails south of FORT WORTH Texas. I've heard the rumors about weather experiments involving Alluminum Oxide being sprayed into the upper atmosphere in hopes to combat global warming. If this is in fact a reality, would this effect shroom growth in the area?

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Chem Trails (Alluminum Oxide) effect on mushroom growth? [Re: UberDeepName]
    #7032634 - 06/11/07 07:18 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

you should read more about the aluminum oxide chemtrail theory. if it where used as the theory claims, there would be measurable levels of the mineral [aside from corundum] in all of our airborn particulates as well as soil.

i'm not sure what effect the metal would have on the fungi, if it where present in biologicaly significant levels in any given soil-base, though i don't know of any real need for such studies to have been done.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Chem Trails (Alluminum Oxide) effect on mushroom growth? [Re: canid]
    #7032641 - 06/11/07 07:23 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

chemtrails.... :rofl:

They're planes and clouds

If the 'chemtrails' rain H20 on your mushrooms it can improve growth. In fact mushrooms need these 'chemtrails'.

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #7032642 - 06/11/07 07:24 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UberDeepName said:
I've noticed odd chem trails south of FORT WORTH Texas. I've heard the rumors about weather experiments involving Alluminum Oxide being sprayed into the upper atmosphere in hopes to combat global warming. If this is in fact a reality, would this effect shroom growth in the area?

\

i've heard most of this was just rumor, i'm in WestDFW. I don't think they are actually emitting anything into the atmosphere yet.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Chem Trails (Alluminum Oxide) effect on mushroom growth? [Re: jeetered]
    #7032648 - 06/11/07 07:26 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i think some people contribute far too much methane and carbon dioxide, if that counts :laugh:

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Re: Chem Trails (Alluminum Oxide) effect on mushroom growth? [Re: canid]
    #7032665 - 06/11/07 07:36 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It sounds a bit far fetched I'll admit. I thought that normal trails from Commercial or military aircraft were known to disapate in about 30 minutes or so, and not form into clouds. Some have been observed lasting for hours... and spreading for hundreds miles. Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist.

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #7032672 - 06/11/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

depends on environmental conditions. with no turbulence or disruptions, water vapor [the primary component of aircraft vapor trails] will just sit where it extrudes untill it fully condenses.

i'm a conspiracy theorist [at least on a hobby basis] but i'm not convinced that atmospheric tampering on such a large and exposable scale exists and is sponsored by the commercial passerger airlines.

--------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
    #7032674 - 06/11/07 07:42 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UberDeepName said:
Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist.

I think so dude, the normal trails behind planes are made from water vapour condensing in their wake. They could stay up there for hours as long as the winds aren't strong. In high wind they could dissapate in minutes...

But most pics of 'chemtrails' i've seen are real clouds, not made by planes at all. There are a certain type of high-lying clouds that form streaks across the sky, they usually appear on cold, sunny days.

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: Chem Trails (Alluminum Oxide) effect on mushroom growth? [Re: undergrounder]
    #7032676 - 06/11/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the NAS isn't far from you, they've been test flying the new f26

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract