Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

Loc: shoulders of giants
Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free
    #7032413 - 06/11/07 02:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

My mom -- mentally healthy and substance free other than caffeine -- has told me that when she closes her eyes, she sees "all sorts of incredible patterns, shapes and objects" that are constantly transforming in miraculous ways. I have never had "visuals" but this sounds a lot like closed-eye visuals to me. She gets this whenever she closes her eyes. Normally (if I heard this third-hand from someone I didn't know, for example) I would not believe such a claim but she is being serious and has always been honest about such things with me.

Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

--------------------
I'm interested in Kombucha cultivation!  Send me a kombucha baby, and I'll send you the cost of shipping.  I promise to give away at least 5 babies for every baby I receive this way. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: lsg1]
    #7032436 - 06/11/07 02:23 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have CEV's at night when I'm tired. So yes I'd assume its possible.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: wireless]
    #7032445 - 06/11/07 02:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Overactive pineal gland?  :tongue:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #7032462 - 06/11/07 02:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

possibly results hypnogogic state or she could just be experiencing the weird static/noise balls of light that form geometric shapes that you get when closing yours and rubbing them. Those usually are the starting point of cevs in the hypnogogic state.

--------------------

Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7032509 - 06/11/07 03:35 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
possibly results hypnogogic state or she could just be experiencing the weird static/noise balls of light that form geometric shapes that you get when closing yours and rubbing them. Those usually are the starting point of cevs in the hypnogogic state.

She gets extremely elaborate and complex objects like vases with intricate detailling -- it's more than just geometric shapes.

--------------------
I'm interested in Kombucha cultivation!  Send me a kombucha baby, and I'll send you the cost of shipping.  I promise to give away at least 5 babies for every baby I receive this way. :smile:

InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #7032570 - 06/11/07 06:01 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'd say Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder but you say she's never tried anything.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #7032585 - 06/11/07 06:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineTheEric
Stranger

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: Revelation]
    #7032840 - 06/11/07 09:23 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like when im trying to go to sleep still comming down on lsd

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#7034909 - 06/11/07 07:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lsg1 said:
Quote:

DeathCompany said:

She gets extremely elaborate and complex objects like vases with intricate detailling -- it's more than just geometric shapes.

sounds more like a hypnogogic state then. Usually you only getting before sleep.

--------------------

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7035090 - 06/11/07 08:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Phosphenes or noise in the optic system?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

The visual delivered by your eyes is imperfect and full of anomalies. Your visual cortex is constantly ironing these out. For example, one anomaly is caused by your optic nerve blocking a region of input.

When your eyes are closed, your visual system has limited information and your brain tries to derive something meaningful from that information. Your mom's brain is associating these limited inputs with complex objects. Has your mother ever thought of trying art? It sounds like she has a very active visual brain.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: nookjohn]
    #7035119 - 06/11/07 08:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Or perhaps a slight form of autism? Or Synthenasia (sp).

I recall reading about one guy who would see mathematical forms as landscapes in his minds-eye, and could complete complex mathematical problems by rearranging what he saw.

My mother has had 'ego loss' before 100% sober, and has also had rather detailed visions while sober (very intense dream, then she woke up - but was still seeing everything OEV, and was able to explain the experience to my father who she woke up to explain what was going on), and she has also described to me entering states that could easily be defined as ego-loss (no sense of self, just pure energy - part of everything, connectedness, etc), and she has never done a psychedelic in her life (when she told me this story, I wanted to share my similar experiences, however - she is VERY anti-drugs, and would have my head if she knew what I've done)

I've personally have had OEV's while 100% drug-free before and LONG before I did drugs (mind you, most of them were either due to extreme distress upon the body, like fevers of 103+, or strange waking-sleep states where I am awake, lucid, but still getting detailed visuals and a bit dreamlike)

The human mind is an amazing thing, and it is possible to get oevs/cevs and enter 'psychedelic' states without the need for drugs at all. There could be a number of reasons for her having what she has, and would see no reason to not believe her.

OfflinechairmanK
devotee ofTezcatlipoca
Male

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: kaniz]
    #7035253 - 06/11/07 08:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Your mom is lucky! I wish that I could see CEVs while awake and sober. I sometimes see patterns when I'm about to go to sleep, but I'm usually too tired to pay attention to them.

I wonder what your mom would see on cannabis. Would her CEVs become more intense, or would she not notice any difference? Please let us know when you have a session with her. haha.

nookjohn: "Your visual cortex is constantly ironing these out." I'll have to remember this accessible metaphor. Do you work in vision or ophthalmology?

Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: nookjohn]
    #7035424 - 06/11/07 09:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nookjohn said:
Has your mother ever thought of trying art? It sounds like she has a very active visual brain.

Hey,

Thanks for the response. In fact my mother comes from a very artistic family. She hasn't actively pursued it herself but loves all forms of design (architecture, furniture, clothing) and is a very talented amateur interior designer.

--------------------

Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: chairmanK]
    #7035432 - 06/11/07 09:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chairmanK said:
Your mom is lucky!

Indeed.  Whenever this topic comes up, she will say "I always feel so sorry for people who have to take drugs to see these kinds of things!"

Quote:

I wonder what your mom would see on cannabis. Would her CEVs become more intense, or would she not notice any difference? Please let us know when you have a session with her. haha.

LOL.  That, my friend, would be fucking weird as hell.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7035455 - 06/11/07 09:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like the 4th dimension.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisiblelsg1
lsg1
 User Gallery

#7035459 - 06/11/07 09:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:

I recall reading about one guy who would see mathematical forms as landscapes in his minds-eye, and could complete complex mathematical problems by rearranging what he saw.

Take a look at this awesome documentary about him. At first I thought it was going to be another lame "this kid is a super fast calculator!" story, but the fascincating part is exactly as you described -- he would (or, does) arrive at the correct answers after seeing the mental images of blob-like shapes and those shapes' interactions with each other.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: leery11]
    #7035501 - 06/11/07 09:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
sounds like the 4th dimension.

where i come from the 4th dimension is considered the 1st :voila:

--------------------

Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
    #7035622 - 06/11/07 10:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The theory is that the human eyes have developed a filter through evolution, and that the colors/visuals that people see when they are tripping are always there, but we have just adapted to block those things out. Sounds like your mom is just a sort of natural phenomenon, being unable to filter the colors/shapes.

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: Mom has had CEVs all her life -- drug free [Re: jenns_hot]
    #7035759 - 06/11/07 10:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I get visuals before sleep all the time.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7036385 - 06/12/07 01:26 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Try sitting in your room for a few hours with no sounds music etc

Cut off as much of your usual sensory perceptions as you can.

After a while you start to get CEV, the longer you do it, the more intense it gets.

This is your existing predetermined version of reality breaking down. We are programmed to expect to not see CEV's OEV's. The same as we are programmed so that your brain automatically fills in the blind spot for your eye! Nobody can see there blind spot unless they do that test that proves its there!

I suggest that your mom has simply noticed what most people are programmed not too.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder