Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Need help in glowing mush info
    #70292 - 01/03/00 10:02 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

You've produced a glowing mushroom? Both the mycelium and the mushroom glow in the dark or what? I've never heard of anything like that! I am VERY interested in knowing how this can be accomplished. Please share your knowledge. :smile: Thanks in advance. peace.

------------------
noisecode
noisecode@fnmail.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineamanita
addict
Loc: UK
    #70293 - 01/04/00 06:29 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Yeast extract is a good easy to obtain additive to boost agar media, but I'm not sure about jars of grain. The mycelium will glow much brighter in high oxygen environments, so good aeration is key to brightness. You might also try adding dilute peroxide solution as an experiment.

Otherwise, the brightest i have ever seen the culture is on hardwood shavings, grown in a block... when it begins to fruit, the primordia glow like stars. The best way is to grow like oysters, perhaps using filter patch polypropylene bags with sterilised straw and wood flakes.

Could anyone with a chemistry background suggest precursers for increasing luciferin?
(I am not certain it is exactly luciferin that is the glowing agent, but instead a related compound from the glowing family.)

Offlineamanita
addict
Loc: UK
    #70295 - 01/04/00 05:44 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

The glowing mushroom is a naturally occurring species called Panellus stipticus. Several other species of fungi glow in the dark including:

Armillaria mellea
Mycena chlorophos
Mycvena citrina

As far as we know, none of these are edible and possibly toxic.

They are indeed amazing organisms!

Anonymous

#70296 - 01/04/00 07:17 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

And you are fruiting these??? We have all been very interested in any species that glows and you are fruiting them???

Anonymous

#70297 - 01/04/00 10:29 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

yes im currently fruiting in purely pfanaticus substrate but casing in trays....
yesterday first pins appears.... they are similar to plerotus pins ... i hope to have spore prints soon. i never thought this mushie will fruit in this substrate...
also im trying to fruit in rice-verm-sawdust ill keep you informed....
Nacho

Anonymous

#70298 - 01/04/00 10:59 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Perhaps you could share with us how exactly you went about growing these glowing mushrooms. Temps, humidity levels and things like that. I'd be very interested in learning more about it. Thanks.

------------------
::peace:: noisecode
the fungus are amongus!!

Anonymous

#70299 - 01/05/00 04:05 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Just a couple of notes, apparently only the Panellus stipticus from the east glows.
And Armillariella (Armillaria)mellea, the Honey Mushroom, is very edible. It grows in huge clumps at the base of trees. It is thought that the Burning Bush of the Bible may have actually been nothing more than a bunch of mushrooms!

------------------
Visit the Captains Spore page at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/4448/spores.htm

Anonymous

#70300 - 01/05/00 05:28 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a pic of some Honey Mushrooms from the Captains Gallery.
I missed a great opportunity to take a pic of them at night. I had found a huge patch up a logging road and down a trail and drove by that logging road late that night coming back from a hockey game but I didn't have a flashlight and I wanted to do a time exposure type thing and wasn't equipped with the right equipment and was half drunk...next year for sure! I believe they show up in the same spots each year.

Interesting, the Panellus is also known to stop bleeding. So if you ever cut yourself in the woods, just grab one of a log and rub it in!

Anonymous

#70301 - 01/06/00 06:25 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

thanks captain for the interesting information about panellus and the nice pic...
well the way i used to fruit them...
i started from an agar culture that amanita -thak you very much again- sent me some months ago....
i use a hepa to transfer it to a coule of jars with the calsical fanaticus substrate...
in a room temperature about 20 centigrades it colonize the jars slow but progressive...
i put coffe filters in jars to allow air exchange and speed colonization...
when all jars where white i transfer the mycelium to small trays... i cased it with verm-peat moss mix.... well the fact is that the pins had appear in the zones were the casing layer almost doesnt exist so... i think casing is not necesary....pins glows twice potently as the mycelium...
the humidity ranges that im using are the same used in a clasical cubensis tek....
As you see is a very easy mushie to grow....
hope to take spores soon for all the shroomerites interested.... email me if anybody of you are interested in purchase spores.... of course... i should check the viability of the spores... and as i think only a few mushies will develop to maturity.. i will do spore siringues to allow better distribution.....also im trying to find a photographic tek to make some nice pics
Nacho

Anonymous

#70302 - 01/06/00 07:04 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

thanks captain for the interesting information about panellus and the nice pic...
well the way i used to fruit them...
i started from an agar culture that amanita -thak you very much again- sent me some months ago....
i use a hepa to transfer it to a coule of jars with the calsical fanaticus substrate...
in a room temperature about 20 centigrades it colonize the jars slow but progressive...
i put coffe filters in jars to allow air exchange and speed colonization...
when all jars where white i transfer the mycelium to small trays... i cased it with verm-peat moss mix.... well the fact is that the pins had appear in the zones were the casing layer almost doesnt exist so... i think casing is not necesary....pins glows twice potently as the mycelium...
the humidity ranges that im using are the same used in a clasical cubensis tek....
As you see is a very easy mushie to grow....
hope to take spores soon for all the shroomerites interested.... email me if anybody of you are interested in purchase spores.... of course... i should check the viability of the spores... and as i think only a few mushies will develop to maturity.. i will do spore siringues to allow better distribution.....also im trying to find a photographic tek to make some nice pics
Nacho

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract