Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletiefox
Stranger

Quick Casing Question.
    #7028192 - 06/09/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

A have a non = contammed tub OMG. The entire surface is 100% colonized with fingerlike projections pointing toward the sky. It is in a clear tub and i can see that a relatively large chunk of coir is NOT colonized on the bottom. Is this okay to case, or is it very important to wait till it is one solid block. If my tub was not see through i'd imagine i would have cased it by now. Thanks for input. Pics will be up tomorrow if ne one wants to see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAksar
Stranger
Male

Re: Quick Casing Question. [Re: tiefox]
    #7028204 - 06/09/07 10:58 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Would be most safe to wait for that little bit but you have about a 97% chance of sucess still if you were to case now.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Quick Casing Question. [Re: Aksar]
    #7028227 - 06/09/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wait for full colonization. I've experimented with early casing with mixed results. Some growers even put the casing layer on when the substrate is first made up. I've found performance to be less than optimal doing that.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick Casing Question. [Re: tiefox]
    #7029461 - 06/10/07 09:07 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It all depends on why that large piece is not colonized. I'd myself would try to determine if it is because it is dry if that is the case then you want to put a casing layer on ASAP don't wait. I definitely agree with RR I will never ever case an uncolonized substrate I've never ever heard of anyone who has any experience in mushroom cultivation ever do this! The reason we don't do this is obvious your yields come directly from your pinset and the more even the pinset the better the yield it's that simply! (mycosense)!!! You will never ever get an even pinset set doing it that way you couldn't even get that lucky!!!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate