Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Spores in my bag?
    #70137 - 01/03/00 10:05 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Before I discovered the lycaeum I too thought this would be my most viable route for growing my own fungus. Then I discovered the fact that spores are actually legal. Go to grow/find and search for spore vendors. Spores are fairly inexpensive and much more sterile. Good luck!

------------------
noisecode
noisecode@fnmail.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinen8
    #70138 - 01/04/00 06:09 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Probably not. Spores must be stored in a completely sterile place if they're going to be injected into substrate for colonization. Your bag is probably loaded with dust and micro-organisms by now. You're best off ordering your spores from a reputable vendor.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #70140 - 01/04/00 10:40 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure you could get something from a bag to grow. If you are familar with using agar, I would suggest taking peices of gills from caps and starting them on agar plates. If you get some type of germination thats all you need to get started. It doesn't matter if the spores in your bag are contaminated with foreign spores. Once you get a spot of mycelium transfer it to a new plate and presto, all contam is gone and you have nice white mycelium that can be used to inoculate grain substrate or make liquid inoculatnt. If this is way to confusing, go 2 thehawkseye.com . Or just click on grow/fing, then click growing mushrooms, the click spore supplieres.nb There are several reputable spore providers there.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#70141 - 01/05/00 06:52 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Yes but how do we know that the species of mushrooms bought on the street are really psilocybes? I dont trust my local dealers anymore (ever since the started selling portabellas laced with LSD)

I really wouldnt waste my time and money with agar. Stick with the PF tek (its cheap) and
spores of an easy to grow species. Buy a syringe from Ryche or Sporechicks its fast and easy.

Goodluck!
MrSelfDestruct

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #70142 - 01/05/00 07:05 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Man if you can't tell if you have psilocybes or not you don't need to be eating them. Agar is very much worth looking in to if you like growing mushrooms and the science of mycology. If your after a bag of "trip" and thats all, then stick with the PF tek.

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited January 05, 2000).]

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale