Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Baby Plants
    #699754 - 06/25/02 06:22 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Ok here is the deal.

I have a friend who has some little baby plants growing in his closet. First time grower. Let me explain the situation.

Baby plants about 2 or 3 weeks old. Growing in an old fishtank inlaid with tinfoil. They are being sprayed daily with water but seem to have reached some kind of stand-still. (They're chillin') He's using a 15 watt flouresent white light that is on 24/7. There is also and air filter thingy keeping things fresh. 4 plants have been lost due to unknown circumstances and we'd like to try and save the last 2.

Help. Please. Lives are at stake.

Thanks,
Diggity

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: Baby Plants [Re: CherryBom]
    #699758 - 06/25/02 06:26 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

What *KIND* of baby plants? We're psychotic, not psychic

-psyconaut

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #699759 - 06/25/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

what did the ones that die look like? ie. turn yellow? get spots and grow fungus?

also make sure that floro is 2-3 inches away from the leaves.
and i don't think you're supposed to be spraying the leaves if thats whats going on. how about the fertilizer he's using, what #-#-# ?

temps should be 85 or under but i doubt thats a problem.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Baby Plants [Re: psyconaut]
    #699760 - 06/25/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Marijuana plants.

I thought that was obvious.

--------------------

OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
Re: Baby Plants [Re: psyconaut]
    #699765 - 06/25/02 06:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You don't have to be psychic to know what kind of plants they are- Wild Yams of course!
Hmmm you sure the flouro is enough light? Maybe you should stick em under a window or something for a day or two to see. I've had plants that grew for months without any spraying or anything, just sun light and occasional watering (They were indoors, too).

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#699770 - 06/25/02 06:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

He's using fertilizer. Doesn't know what kind. Some other grower reccomended it.

Dead plants just flopped over due to a bad experiment with a red light.

Keep with the suggestions....thanks guys.

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #699775 - 06/25/02 06:38 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

yeah also i hope that 1 floro isn't the master plan for those plants cause 15w isn't going to do much besides get some seeds sprouted and a few leaves. really should look into getting a 150w+ HPS (high preassure sodium?) unit from a hardware/home inprovement store. they're sold as outdoor security lights.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Baby Plants [Re: Eightball]
    #699780 - 06/25/02 06:45 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You know, that might be exactly it. We have sprouts with a few leaves and nothing but a 15 watt flouro light. Going to the hardware store this afternoon, I guess.

Updates to come. We will need help. You guys are the shit. Thanks so much!

--------------------

Anonymous

#699809 - 06/25/02 07:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

If you've got a small setup, you can get away with fluorescent lights but they should be full spectrum (grow lights) of some kind. Regular fluorescent lights don't provide the necessary frequencies that are required. If you live where the aroma of the growing plants might get you busted you should try to get lights that don't give off UV-B rays as this will help ensure that the plants don't smell so strong as to give you away to the authorities.

Edited by evolving (06/25/02 07:11 AM)

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #699815 - 06/25/02 07:14 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

maybe the plants need some more air, some plants are very picky, they got feelings, emotions, etc, you touch them the wrong way, and they will curl up their leaves and die! cuz they know you want their fruit

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #699837 - 06/25/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You shouldn't fertilize when the plants are just seedlings, it will burn the roots. That might be part of your friends problem. Just water for the first several weeks is fine.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Baby Plants [Re: superpimp]
    #699861 - 06/25/02 07:44 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

How beneficial are blacklights?

Can they substitute for sunlight in that they give off UV light?

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #699886 - 06/25/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i really don't think UV is what you're looking for in a grow light. personally if i were going to spend several months growing a plant, i would invest in a good light because several months of caring for some plants and only yeilding a bowl or two of weed is really not worth it. you might also want to check out www.overgrow.com message boards. cause they're really helpful people and they have a ton of growing info there. one thing thats pretty much constant on opinion is that good lights can determine if you get 7g from a plant or 70g.

personally i've only tried growing once and that was with 3 1 gal pots in the bottom of a rubbermaid trash can lined with foil with 2 floro grow sticks from home depot running vertiacally up the sides. i used bag seed and ended up with some decently developed plants until i had to go out of town for a couple days. one of my roommates who i had asked to water them while i was away closed the top to the can and temps were in excess of 98F leaving me with 3 shriveled up plants that were about 8" high.

i started that project before i discovered overgrow and was really doing things wrong with the lighting, the watering, the fertilizing, the humidity, the amount of room to grow, sexing. practically everything wrong and i think i would have wasted my time with flowering with only 2 floros for 3 plants.

moral of story, read up on all the steps you need to take to sucessfully grow some weed and get a good light. good luck c_bomb

--------------------

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #699979 - 06/25/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

cherrybomb, after you read about the basics at overgrow.com or elsewhere id buy a good book on it. i personally dont like the way the boards are set up over there but it does sound like you guys need some of the basics. also, dont water so much! it sounds like your drowning the poor girls. good luck

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonora
    #701437 - 06/25/02 05:41 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hey Bom, do you mean that the plants are planted in a fishtank full of soil? because if thats the case, your gonna want to tell your friend to put them in individual pots with drainage, lest the fishtank has some sort of drainage. without drainage the roots can rot, and that could have killed the previous plants.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck