Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Loc: Spain
Aborts in the middle of a flush
    #6992361 - 05/31/07 05:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I spawned a jar of colonized rye onto a bulk of coir, coffee and hpoo.

It colonized well but when it was put into the FC it dried out a bit and I realized that was side pinning .[image align=left][/image]

I decided to take it out from the tray and laid it on two hangers standing onto 4 glasses [image align=left]
[/image]

everythig went right and i got a nice flush[image align=left][/image][image][/image]

well after this flush was collected last saturday its been left in the FC and I didn´t removed any of the aborts that were left , they were very little pins and some of them a bit bigger. I read about Hypaes pinning strategy and I undestood that pins were set on the first flushes .

Yesterday I decided to dunk it but realized that pins were already starting to grow again so finally I didn´t dunk it .

Now it´s easier to see the aborts becuase their caps are drying a bit [image align=left][/image][image align=left][/image][image align=left][/image]

Would you remove NOW the aborts left from first flush or would you wait after collecting this second flush in 2 ot 3 days ?

I forgot to tell you that strain was Puerto Rico and weight of first flush 300 grs. wet.

Thanks for the answers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecbiegel
A Dude
Re: Aborts in the middle of a flush [Re: javtfs]
    #6992461 - 05/31/07 05:55 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What volumes did you use in that tray? Pints spawn and pints substrate?

--------------------
Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #6992502 - 05/31/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Wait and let those pins mature it may take 4-5 days before they start maturing if the myc needs to digest more substrate to build energy reserves. We need to understand that myc colonizes substrate and digest what it needs when it needs it in order to build energy to grow out each flush it doesn't do it all at once that would not be an efficient means to an end. Your aborts will have a noticeable bluing under and around the cap.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Aborts in the middle of a flush [Re: hyphae]
    #6992589 - 05/31/07 06:24 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed. I don't see any aborts. Pins for the first two flushes often set at the same time. They'll grow when their time comes.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Aborts in the middle of a flush [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6992607 - 05/31/07 06:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Most often I see pins for the first 3-4 flushes created in the initial pinset unless they bolt prolifically.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineTrip_Messiah
شځﯓﭽﮡ
 User Gallery

Loc: Bowels of the under earth
    #6993543 - 05/31/07 09:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You know the way you have that on the hangers makes me want to give that a try. That way the shrooms can pop up from all sides.
:flowerchild:

--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Re: Aborts in the middle of a flush [Re: cbiegel]
    #6994260 - 06/01/07 01:51 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well I think I used a pint jar rye and the rest mixture of coir/hpoo/coffee 33% each and I added some crushed oyster shell.

The size of the " tray " is height 2,5 inches , lenght 9 inches and width 6 inches.

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

#6994262 - 06/01/07 01:54 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Wait and let those pins mature it may take 4-5 days before they start maturing if the myc needs to digest more substrate to build energy reserves. We need to understand that myc colonizes substrate and digest what it needs when it needs it in order to build energy to grow out each flush it doesn't do it all at once that would not be an efficient means to an end. Your aborts will have a noticeable bluing under and around the cap.

Hi hypae, so you mean that I have to wait until I harvest the second flush to take out all the aborts ?? that taking the aborts now would affect the Myc ....????

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Re: Aborts in the middle of a flush [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6994274 - 06/01/07 01:59 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Agreed. I don't see any aborts. Pins for the first two flushes often set at the same time. They'll grow when their time comes.
RR

Ei Roger ... here I have some more pics , in these ones is clearer to see them.[image align=left][/image][image][/image][image align=right][/image]

I hope it´s clearer now. Would you take them Now out of there ??

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Re: Aborts in the middle of a flush [Re: Trip_Messiah]
    #6994284 - 06/01/07 02:03 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Trip_Messiah said:
You know the way you have that on the hangers makes me want to give that a try. That way the shrooms can pop up from all sides.
:flowerchild:

Yes , it could seem cool but it is due to a mistake in the process ... It takes much more space inside the FC and it dries very quickly because has much more space in the open air.

It is Curious ...but I don´t think that way you can have more production .... just more problems . But it is FUN!!!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6994507 - 06/01/07 05:36 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

javtfs said:
Quote:

hyphae said:

Hi hypae, so you mean that I have to wait until I harvest the second flush to take out all the aborts ?? that taking the aborts now would affect the Myc ....????

You can take aborts at anytime as long as you know what aborts actually are.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order