Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBawstun
Stranger

Smoking pipe/piece advice, Salvia newbie...
    #6988230 - 05/30/07 06:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and to Salvia in general. My friend introduced me (the improper way) to Salvia. I thought it was a quick high, but it was only the quid consumption method, so although still in the wrong frame of mind (IMO) it was a generally good experience.

I've acquanted myself with lots of Salvia FAQ's through sagewisdom, members here, and other online forums and sites concerning Salvia. I now believe I'm ready to sit down and smoke it the right way in a meditation sense for the first time. I don't believe it's possible to entirely prepare yourself but having read posts for several weeks online I think I'm about as prepared as I could be. I'm not looking for a quick high or to abuse the leaf, which is what is generally recommended and considered the best way to smoke Salvia.

My main question of concern is the pipe. I've never smoked anything from a pipe before, not any type of mushroom or marijuana. I had a hard time finding out what waterpipes were, bubblers, sidecars, hammers, spoons, bowls, etc. I was trying to learn all the lingo.

From what I've read (stressing: read) it's recommended for most to use a waterpipe while smoking salvia because it helps cool the smoke and ease the lung irritation. Is that correct? I also read that it's best not to use a large waterpipe/bong because the salvinorin can condense in the tubing.

I've gone to GrassCity and I was wondering if 2 of the pipes I have considered purchasing would be good choices. One is more of a stand up/bong type and one is a waterpipe. I'm seeking advice to know if one of these are better than the other. Any help I get would be greatly appreciated. :heart:

This is image 1: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1300/39691831si7.jpg

This is image 2: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6899/38382204ch0.jpg

Again, any advice you guys can give me would greatly appreciated.

~ B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking pipe/piece advice, Salvia newbie... [Re: Bawstun]
    #6988241 - 05/30/07 06:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

for 10x i use a small straight pipe & regular lighter for best simplest results.
inhale deep and fast
hold
see ya on the other side.
small glass spoon pipe is fine too.
no need of complexity

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

Re: Smoking pipe/piece advice, Salvia newbie... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6988354 - 05/30/07 06:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Use a screen for extracts. Don't wanna be inhaling that stuff.

Normal pipe (bowl) should do. No need for bongs. :thumbup:

Edited by Infested (05/30/07 06:47 PM)

OfflineBawstun
Stranger

Re: Smoking pipe/piece advice, Salvia newbie... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6988356 - 05/30/07 06:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you for your tip! I'm starting to feel that I'm over-thinking this pipe decision and I should just GET ONE! I'm just anxious and nervous because I've never smoked before, I want to make sure I do it right and I purchase the right pipe from the get-go. Ao a straight hand pipe or glass spoon pipe would be fine too? What's the difference between a hand pipe and a spoon? They appear to be the same except the spoons look shorter and wider. Is that the only difference?

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #6988546 - 05/30/07 07:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

a small glass pipe is all you really need.

the best way that I've found to smoke salvia is to take a little toke and hold for about 10 seconds, then wait about 15 minutes and then take huge lungfulls, holding each hit in for 20 seconds. a regular bic lighter is really all you need, no need for a torch lighter, just light all the plant material at once and suck the flame down inside the bowl.

happy trippin!

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6988557 - 05/30/07 07:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

the "right way" has less to do with physical, than with mental preparation.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineBawstun
Stranger

Re: Smoking pipe/piece advice, Salvia newbie... [Re: kotik]
    #6988641 - 05/30/07 07:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks again for the advice. I've purchased a small glass spoon pipe.

I'm still preparing for my first Salvia trip and pondering my experience over and over. I'm going to take it slow to help with the reverse tolerance issue. Good or bad I hope to be back here posting about my experience with seasoned posters such as yourselves. Thanks :smile:

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #6988772 - 05/30/07 08:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

if you don't breakthrough your first time just keep going for it you'll get through eventually.

people usually just give up if they don't get any effects their first time because they think they are immune to it.

good luck

OfflineStonedTestBunys1
it's them....

#6989632 - 05/30/07 10:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

get a roor bong! best buy i ever made, but as for those 2 id say the first, theres just nothing like a rip out of a good bong, personally id rather get high less often using a great bong than getting high constantly out of some shitty pipe...quality not quantity bro

--------------------
there they are!

Offlinehalf9
Mind Expander

Re: Smoking pipe/piece advice, Salvia newbie... [Re: Divinatory]
    #6989660 - 05/30/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Salvia is by far my favorite 'item'. I have many trip reports around the forms and even have two reports on 50x.

The two pipes that you are looking into are fine to take salvia in. Alot of people will say you need a bong with a turbo lighter but thats not the case. You can trip has hard in a pipe to a bong. All you need is to burn the extract as long/hard as possible then take it all in!

When I'm hitting it through a bowl/pipe, I will leave the flame on the salvia extract for a few seconds before I start to take it in. keep in mind during the whole process you keep the flame on the extract.

Take the biggest hit as you can then keep it in as long as possible, if you can manage it take a 2nd or 3rd hit. Alot of people complain about a 'nasty' taste. Tell you the truth there is no taste. Out of all the time I kiss Sally D I never taste anything nasty. The only thing I can say is the smell, I sure do smell Sally D's scent. Reminds me of spinach.

I do hope that you enjoy Mis. Sally. I have done the quad method before but nothing is going to prepare you for the extract. Also people say for beginners get 10x-15x. That is not true, get the highest extract as you can afford. IMO - higher the extract essayer it is to slip into the salvia trance. Once you slip into the trance then its bliss.

Dont worry about 'bad trips' ether. If you take a big hit and slip into the salvia trance then you will lose your ego. Once thats done you will not be wondering "oh man I'm tripping, oh man its turning bad." Words can not explain what Sally D dose. Just respect her and she will respect you! Nothing is going to prepare you for what your about to experience, just be happy that your going to go through with it.

Here is my report on 50x extract if you care to read -
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6936967/an/0/page/0

Good luck man, when you meet Mis. Sally - Say hello

--------------------
P.L.U.R.
Salvia Report - 50x

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
Re: Smoking pipe/piece advice, Salvia newbie... [Re: half9]
    #6995254 - 06/01/07 11:33 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

lol saliva isent a big drugs man just make a water bong out of a bottle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ShsSb7gRig&mode=related&search= this works but is kinda tedious

but yeah i just smoke saliva threw a bong like that take a gooooood hit and u dont rly have t hold it in just take two hits, but if u hold it in ull be ieght.... great thing that salvia

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder