Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefungyyy
Stranger
bruising or moldy? *DELETED*
    #698760 - 06/24/02 05:11 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by bubzigohn

Reason for deletion: Not comfortable that my forum posts show up on Google if you search for my nickname.

Edited by bubzigohn (06/24/02 05:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: bruising or moldy? [Re: fungyyy]
    #699186 - 06/24/02 08:22 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This is bruising. Usually when you use the neglect tek you will encounter this pretty severly.

InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
    #701218 - 06/25/02 04:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Bruising.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #704508 - 06/27/02 01:37 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

yup, bruising, they are safe to eat.
enjoy!!

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineSyme
What?
Re: bruising or moldy? [Re: Hippie3]
    #711039 - 06/29/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have this same problem, but I'm not using the neglect tek. I have two 80-90% colonized pint jars and just a few days ago one area in each one (mainly where the cake has shrunk inward) has developed a small area of a bluish, but slightly green coloring. I've been watching each for the past few days and it doesn't look to be spreading. Is this also bruising or should I toss the jars?

OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
Re: bruising or moldy? [Re: Syme]
    #720614 - 07/03/02 02:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i traded some buds for a casing from one of my friends and i was all excited. I got it 8 days before the fourth of july hoping to have a harvest for the fourth of july. The first 2 days nothing happened. But the third day i woke up to see 2 lil mushrooms pooking out. But the next day my casing got a blueish slight tint of green spot on the top but i never touched it. I asked my friend to come over and he said it was fine but the next day it spreaded to the opposite side of the side that the mushrooms is growing on. I have been freaking about it sience then. I touched it to bruse it to see if it is the same type of coloring it is but the bruse dosn't have the tint of green to it. Its now the 7th day my 2 mushrooms are about 2 1/2 inches long and about a inch thick with a couple lil ones growing right next to them but the coloring has gotten pretty bad its not a dark color but its all over the casing. I water the sides of my terrium everytime i open it to give it fresh air and somtimes i sray the casing and the perlite around the casing. Is this some type of mold? I stop watering it so much and the tint of it is going away alittle bit but its starting to grow a white mold is my casing fine or should i do somthing? I'm going to eat any mushroom that grows on it wheiter or not it is contaminated should worry about the casing turning a blueish greenish color? And if so what can i do to save it? If anyone can help i will be more then gratefull.

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

OfflineAbyss
Fist full of Mushrooms
Male

Loc: NorCal
Re: bruising or moldy? [Re: MadDhAdDeR420]
    #729997 - 07/07/02 06:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would say mold...sorry to bring the bad news.
If it spreads then it's contams. I hate giving people
bad news. I would get some new spores from the
friend and maybe try some cakes. Seems to be the
easyest way for people to start. Once you actually
get them to fruit you will be hooked. This hobby
kinda grows on you (pardon the pun) like a mold..hehe

Peace Love & Hair Grease,
Abyss

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom