Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineredleg7
Stranger
 User Gallery

Clarity about rolling.
    #6981531 - 05/29/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hey,

I’ve searched the site extensively, in addition to reading data on this site religiously. If I can be guided in the right direction that would be great. Thanks for the patience.

Considering trying dunk and roll on a couple of cakes (my first time cultivating). I found some good info on dunking, so I only have one question with respect to the latter: Pat dry after dunk and before roll? If so, what’s the safest, contam free way to pat dry?

But it is difficult to find an accurate description on rolling. Some questions that plague me: Wet or dry verm for the roll, and which will stick to the cake best? Sterilize via either oven bake or PC? BRF mixed with the verm for a roll? I suspect dry verm on wet cake, so bake to sterilize? Duration and temp of bake? Finish roll with a good misting of the cake.

Otherwise, I may even sacrifice a cake and experiment with casing (only one) if I locate a simple, straight forward tek (will search today). So far though, it’s the casing layer and substrates that inhibit this endeavour. Coco coir appears to be a little elusive in my area (pet shops and walmart disappoint). Verm a plenty, though. I’d also like to keep it as simple as possible by avoiding use of grains and poo for the moment.

By the way, of seven PF jars, one is showing very slow signs of growth (sacrifice to the casing experiment). All others are fine. Despite the incubator, however, mycelium growth is surprisingly slow. Temp is a steady 75 F and 2x gas exchanges a day.

Anyhow, that’s what I ponder with respect to mycelium cultivation today, but it is fun and interesting.

Regards,

Red.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Clarity about rolling. [Re: redleg7]
    #6981545 - 05/29/07 11:15 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The *dry* verm sticks to the cake because it's wet. Why would you ever pat a cake dry, anyway? Dunk, roll, place in FC and spray as usual to hydrate the verm. That's what I do, anyway.

Verm, if the bag hasn't been left open or spat in, is pretty much sterile. It was heated to 1000+F in order to "explode" the mica, and probably packaged at reasonably high temps, plus it's completely non-nutrious, so any contams would be lying in stasis--they don't have a foothold. Your cake can defend itself against these without a blink. Bake it if you want, though--I sometimes do, if I'm at the bottom of the bag and don't know whether I sealed it properly the last time.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clarity about rolling. [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #6981555 - 05/29/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly, Good answer bro. :thumbup: Do not pat dry roll in dry verm then mist the verm until near saturation.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: Clarity about rolling. *DELETED* [Re: hyphae]
    #6981665 - 05/29/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Mankey

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by Mankey (05/29/07 11:51 AM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clarity about rolling. [Re: Mankey]
    #6983560 - 05/29/07 07:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes those were double ended with 50/50+

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: Clarity about rolling. *DELETED* [Re: hyphae]
    #6983575 - 05/29/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Mankey

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Clarity about rolling. [Re: Mankey]
    #6983618 - 05/29/07 07:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You can see the pf tek, including birthing and dunk and roll in this video. http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=mushroom+cultivation&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8 Be sure to start with part 1.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineredleg7
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Clarity about rolling. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6990647 - 05/31/07 09:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Just watched the videos. Thanks for the help everyone.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract