Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSporetastic
Stranger
Aerial myc on casing a problem?
    #6974417 - 05/27/07 05:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've got aerial myc on my coir casing. It's been in the fc for five days now. I thought I saw dots but after reading on this site about aerial myc I am now sure that's what it is.

What causes it and can my casing still pin. I am sad now. Should I cold shock or keep it in the fc?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: Aerial myc on casing a problem? [Re: Sporetastic]
    #6975616 - 05/27/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Don't be sad. Aerial myclium will still pin, it just doesnt support the best pinsets that's all.

You should get some pins soon if you accounted for everything else properly.:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

OfflineSporetastic
Stranger
Re: Aerial myc on casing a problem? [Re: Akira]
    #6975887 - 05/27/07 11:51 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the encouragement. I noticed that after five days the myc was still spreading slightly. I put it in the fridge about an hour ago and will leave it there for another hour or so. I am hoping that will make the myc switch to fruiting mode so I can eat sum shrooms already. My fridge seems kinda cold so I am only gonna leave it in there briefly.

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

#6975918 - 05/28/07 12:03 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

No man dont put it in the fridge take it out quick. This is not necessary at all. A 10 degree drop in temps is all thats necessary for initiating pinning. along with presenting light and fresh air.

--------------------

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

OfflineSporetastic
Stranger
Re: Aerial myc on casing a problem? [Re: Akira]
    #6975955 - 05/28/07 12:18 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ok will do. They were only in there for just over an hour. I don't think It did em any harm. I hope. now Im kinda worried I froze em but an hour in the fridge shouldn't. Would it?

OfflineSporetastic
Stranger
    #6975972 - 05/28/07 12:25 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

OMG. I took the tinfoil off and noticed water on some of the myc. I don't know how this happened must have been condensation droplets from the casing. I didnt think it was that moist. OMFG I hope I didn't mess things up. this was never discussed in any of the cold shocking topics.

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

#6976703 - 05/28/07 08:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Cold shocking is pointless for cubensis from what ive been told by other more experienced growers.

--------------------

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #6976856 - 05/28/07 08:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sporetastic said:
OMG. I took the tinfoil off and noticed water on some of the myc. I don't know how this happened must have been condensation droplets from the casing. I didnt think it was that moist. OMFG I hope I didn't mess things up. this was never discussed in any of the cold shocking topics.

It rains in the wild and the shrooms still seems to grow there :wink:

OfflineSporetastic
Stranger
Re: Aerial myc on casing a problem? [Re: BenKenobi]
    #6977489 - 05/28/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the encouragement. Luckely the waterlogged myc is only in a few small areas the size of a dime or so. And I upped my fae last night and took the wax paper off for the night so some of the water would evaporate. I can't see any more visible water on the myc. A few small areas are a little matted it seems. But for the most part the myc is still fluffy throughout. I am hoping it will still fruit this week, as it is already day 6 in the fc today. So I figure I am due for pins any day. But still I can't get over my pessimism. It just seems like its gonna fail and I'll have to start over. I don't know why. But if I see pins this week it will make all the worry and stress worth it. The myc has stopped spreading it seems I hope this means its getting ready for the first flush.

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #6981651 - 05/29/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yer it should carm down around day 10 and see the knots starting to form. Day 6 still bit early for the first flush from my experience.

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: Aerial myc on casing a problem? *DELETED* [Re: BenKenobi]
    #6981660 - 05/29/07 11:47 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Mankey

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Aerial myc on casing a problem? [Re: Mankey]
    #6981715 - 05/29/07 12:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Same. I grow my casings in an FC that gets way too wet half the time, since I tend to have cakes in there too. I recently took the polyfill out of my martha's hole with the hope that it will normalize the humidity somewhat. 100% is really not so good for casings.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds